Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are doing well.

In Lesson #4 - Concentration, the Writer has asked to focus between eyebrows.

So my question no. 1 is when my eyes are closed how do I find the location of the area between my eyebrows? I can not feel that area and in the darkness below my eyelids, I can't sense or recognize the exact location to focus on.

And my 2nd question is What is the difference between "Om Sound" & "Sound of Silence (Bee_________eep)? 

Waiting for guidance.

Thanks  

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

@Muhammad Jawad I asked a question about lesson 4 and concentration as well, just above, if it helps. 

About your first question. As a first step, pay attention to the experience of having a physical head in your experience. How exactly that feels. Then from there, pay attention to different areas (inside the head, not just the surface of your face as well). And you should be able to figure it out. 

Don't expect all of this to be exact and precise. You'll learn from direct experience how the actuality of having a physical body with sensations contrasts what expectations you had. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 24.1.2021 at 10:30 AM, Muhammad Jawad said:

when my eyes are closed how do I find the location of the area between my eyebrows? I can not feel that area and in the darkness below my eyelids, I can't sense or recognize the exact location to focus on.

If you did Vipassana meditation before, you could sense energy in every part of your body, and you would know where to "look". My ajna chakra is 3 cm above the point between the eyebrows.

You can touch the area with a finger and let go while you have your attention there. Feel into that point just like you would feel into your fingertips when exploring a surface in the dark.

On 24.1.2021 at 10:30 AM, Muhammad Jawad said:

What is the difference between "Om Sound" & "Sound of Silence (Bee_________eep)?

I don't have yet experience of that. However I think that was already discussed in the first few pages of this thread.

I assume it will be a different sound, just as the pulsating sensation of chakras which has a different flavor than the sensation from touch.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Muhammad Jawad when you are looking for the 3rd eye, let your intuition guide you. You are looking for an energetic phenomena rather than a physical sensation.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

23 hours ago, lmfao said:

I asked a question about lesson 4 and concentration as well, just above, if it helps.

Thanks. I just read those posts.

23 hours ago, lmfao said:

About your first question. As a first step, pay attention to the experience of having a physical head in your experience. How exactly that feels. Then from there, pay attention to different areas (inside the head, not just the surface of your face as well). And you should be able to figure it out. 

Don't expect all of this to be exact and precise. You'll learn from direct experience how the actuality of having a physical body with sensations contrasts what expectations you had. 

Why they didn't teach that in the book?

So here you are saying that I have to do the effort and find the in-between area of eyebrows myself? 

23 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

If you did Vipassana meditation before, you could sense energy in every part of your body, and you would know where to "look".

Yes, I have already done 10 days of Vipassana Retreat from India. But they never talked about energies. 

My ajna chakra is 3 cm above the point between the eyebrows.

What is Ajna Chakra? Why we are talking about Ajna chakra? Did they ask to focus on Ajna chakra in the 4th Lesson? Today in Kriya Yoga I also felt a little bit of sensation 3 cm above the point between the eyebrows.

You can touch the area with a finger and let go while you have your attention there. Feel into that point just like you would feel into your fingertips when exploring a surface in the dark.

Right. Should I focus in between eyebrows or the 3 cm above at Ajna chakra?

I don't have yet experience of that. However I think that was already discussed in the first few pages of this thread.

I assume it will be a different sound, just as the pulsating sensations of chakras which has a different flavor than the sensations from touch.

Thanks a lot for the response :-)  

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

So here you are saying that I have to do the effort and find the in-between area of eyebrows myself? 

It is not as difficult as it seems. Just place your finger where you assume the point should be and let the finger go while you hold your attention there.

1 minute ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yes, I have already done 10 days of Vipassana Retreat from India. But they never talked about energies.

You feel sensations all over your body. You feel sensations of your forehead. Just focus on a point and it is all set and done. You will feel where sensations concentrate.

What is Ajna Chakra? Why we are talking about Ajna chakra? Did they ask to focus on Ajna chakra in the 4th Lesson?

The third eye is the point you look to from medulla.

Today in Kriya Yoga I also felt a little bit of sensation 3 cm above the point between the eyebrows.

You are on the right track, if it's consistent or even intensifies over the next sessions.

Should I focus in between eyebrows or the 3 cm above at Ajna chakra?

Where you feel the sensations to be more intense.

Life Purpose journey

15 hours ago, martins name said:

when you are looking for the 3rd eye, let your intuition guide you. You are looking for an energetic phenomena rather than a physical sensation.

Right.

Thanks a lot :-)

23 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

It is not as difficult as it seems. Just place your finger where you assume the point should be and let the finger go while you hold your attention there.

Right. Good Idea. Thanks

23 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

You feel sensations all over your body.

Exactly

24 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

You feel sensations of your forehead. Just focus on a point and it is all set and done. You will feel where sensations concentrate.

Ok. Right

25 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

The third eye is the point you look to from medulla.

Right. How to look from Medulla?

26 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

You are on the right track, if it's consistent or even intensifies over the next sessions.

Oh, Thanks for the Good News :-)

28 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Where you feel the sensations to be more intense.

Ok. Great. Thanks a lot :-)

2 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

How to look from Medulla?

In addition to my comment above, in the vipassana course there was a technique of placing yourself on the crown chakra and to "look" down on the sensations all over the body. You can do the same but with medulla looking just at one place (Ajna).

Life Purpose journey

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

In addition to my comment above, in the vipassana course there was a technique of placing yourself on the crown chakra and to "look" down on the sensations all over the body. You can do the same but with medulla looking just at one place (Ajna).

Right, Thanks a lot :-)

Hey guys,

I am thinking about starting with Krya Yoga.

What do you think how much time should I invest every day to progress?

Because I already do 1 hour Meditation and some other stuff so I can't give it too much time...

I already got the book from Leo's booklist but didn't dive in very deep so far.

@acidgoofy Kriya is designed to accompany you & to flow seamlessly into your daily life. So, imo no more than 1h investment. The book lets you choose how many sets of a lesson you do. Feel into how many would be good for you.

Just progress with the lessons. Master one after another. It naturally unfolds itself.

Nice profile pic btw, where have you found it?

Life Purpose journey

Question for anyone who has experience with Kriya Supreme Fire:

TL;DR—While doing Kriya Supreme Fire, does it really matter which concentration spot you focus on (among the navel, below navel, perineum, and heart area)? Sometimes I feel like none of these spots is particularly “empty and spacious” as Gamana instructs.

Full Q: In the books, Gamana instructs to concentrate on either the perineum, below navel, navel, or heart area. Each of these locations is a chakra of course. In choosing a concentration spot, he says to “choose where it feels empty and spacious.” I’ve been doing the practice for a while now and I’ve always just focused on the heart area because the perineum and abdominal locks always make those parts of my body feel kind of...not empty and spacious.

However, one day I tried focusing on the perineum (not worth explaining why), and I noticed an energetic feeling there that was different, and perhaps more intense, than what was happening when I focus on the heart. It also did feel a way that could maybe be described as “empty and spacious” even though I was clenching the muscle. But I became unsure if I’ve been interpreting “empty and spacious” the way Gamana intended.

This made me start wondering if I’ve chosen the “wrong” spot to concentrate on. I’m all for trusting my own intuition, but also I didn’t invent the practice and I don’t claim to understand it perfectly, even with some experience. I’m trying to make sure I understand the instruction.

This has exposed some neurotic tendencies I have about doing the practices “right”; sometimes I’ll start the practice with no clear sense of where it feels most empty and spacious. I’ll pick a spot (like the heart), then a third of the way through the time period I’ll switch to another spot that feels more appropriate. I feel like I waste too much time just choosing where to concentrate.

It’s likely that the spot you choose doesn’t matter that much, hence Gamana not stressing the importance of picking one spot over another. It’s probably more important to just pick a spot and stick with it for the entirety of the exercise. But is there a possibility that it’s better to start with perineum for some time (like several weeks), then move up progressively? Can you focus on a different concentration point every time you do the practice? Perhaps this is needless speculation on my part.

I plan on continuing to experiment with different concentration spots. But if you have any insight into this, please let me know! Sorry this ended up so long ?

Edited by Matt Skinner
Added TL;DR

On 12/02/2021 at 8:38 AM, Matt Skinner said:

Question for anyone who has experience with Kriya Supreme Fire:

TL;DR—While doing Kriya Supreme Fire, does it really matter which concentration spot you focus on (among the navel, below navel, perineum, and heart area)? Sometimes I feel like none of these spots is particularly “empty and spacious” as Gamana instructs.

Full Q: In the books, Gamana instructs to concentrate on either the perineum, below navel, navel, or heart area. Each of these locations is a chakra of course. In choosing a concentration spot, he says to “choose where it feels empty and spacious.” I’ve been doing the practice for a while now and I’ve always just focused on the heart area because the perineum and abdominal locks always make those parts of my body feel kind of...not empty and spacious.

However, one day I tried focusing on the perineum (not worth explaining why), and I noticed an energetic feeling there that was different, and perhaps more intense, than what was happening when I focus on the heart. It also did feel a way that could maybe be described as “empty and spacious” even though I was clenching the muscle. But I became unsure if I’ve been interpreting “empty and spacious” the way Gamana intended.

This made me start wondering if I’ve chosen the “wrong” spot to concentrate on. I’m all for trusting my own intuition, but also I didn’t invent the practice and I don’t claim to understand it perfectly, even with some experience. I’m trying to make sure I understand the instruction.

This has exposed some neurotic tendencies I have about doing the practices “right”; sometimes I’ll start the practice with no clear sense of where it feels most empty and spacious. I’ll pick a spot (like the heart), then a third of the way through the time period I’ll switch to another spot that feels more appropriate. I feel like I waste too much time just choosing where to concentrate.

It’s likely that the spot you choose doesn’t matter that much, hence Gamana not stressing the importance of picking one spot over another. It’s probably more important to just pick a spot and stick with it for the entirety of the exercise. But is there a possibility that it’s better to start with perineum for some time (like several weeks), then move up progressively? Can you focus on a different concentration point every time you do the practice? Perhaps this is needless speculation on my part.

I plan on continuing to experiment with different concentration spots. But if you have any insight into this, please let me know! Sorry this ended up so long ?

Very intriguing information. I've been consistently practicing KSF for over a year, and I began by using the heart area as the concentration spot as well. And, funny enough, I've also intuitively shifted to the perineum over time.

Now, if I concentrate on the perineum or merely perform the root lock (outside of practicing kriya yoga), I feel a current of energy rising in the spine towards my crown chakra, in a really powerful way. 

While I'm practicing KSF, I concentrate on the perineum, and in a couple of rounds, I begin to sense what I can call a spacious open-ended tube going from the root towards the head. It's somewhat similar to feeling the whole spinal cord at once, but the distinction lies in this: my consciousness gets sucked into that tube and I feel like a mass of pulsating "fire energy" performing the practice moving up and down that tube. 

At the end of the practice, that "fire" (it's not a fire but dunno how to call it) melts my physical body (I lose body awareness) and I dissolve into a blissful feeling, which overwhelms me. 

Interestingly enough, I also feel similarly when I practice Kriya Pranayama (it's less powerful but more of a "silk" feeling of energy going through the tube).

@BuddhaTree Interesting! Yeah, I’m gonna try perineum for a while and see if I notice any substantial difference in energy/effects. I saw some video from the Sexual Kung Fu dude on YouTube where he said (of kundalini work in general) that a lot of people benefit from first focusing on channeling energy in the lower chakras and eventually will feel enough energy down there that they can start focusing on higher chakras.

Of course, though, Gamana has the attitude that generally focusing on ajna/crown/upper chakras has a magnet-like quality that will awaken and pull the energy up regardless. So hopefully perineum vs. heart, etc. is not a huge deal when it comes to KSF.

Thanks for your response.

Edited by Matt Skinner