Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@Salvijus do you think this online course from sadghuru where he offers this Shambhavi Mahamudra will do it too?

@OBEler Yes of course. No doubt about it :)

I've experienced a few online transmitions during the pandemic with other teachers like Mooji and Mantak Chia. Was very powerful. :)

?

I once did a practice in which I charged the 5 elements by doing mantras. Afterwards I was told that I could give initiation in that too, because I completed that practice. They didn't even really say how to do it lol, because just intention to give initiation would be enough to know I think.

@OBEler Are you sure the Shambhavi course is given fully online now? Because I did it about 1/2 years back and only the first inner engineering lessons/courses were online, but learning the shambhavi practice + initiation was to be done at a center. If the course is fully online now, then yes I don't see how you would need to worry about that.

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@OBEler Yes of course. No doubt about it :)

I've experienced a few online transmitions during the pandemic with other teachers like Mooji and Mantak Chia. Was very powerful. :)

?

Initiation with Mooji, huh? Can you tell me about that if you like? Didn't think Mooji would know, let alone even perform, transmissions. What he mentioned about it it, where was it for and what was the process like?

Edited by Waken

@OBEler I learned it in person during 4-day inner-engineering program.

Idk if you are familiar with yoga concepts, but I would explain Shambhavi practice consisting of holding some of Niyamas attitude, doing Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara and Dharana.

@Waken i know isha staff is creating a platform for doing courses online which were done in-person in the past. The platform is in testing phase, i think in the near future you will be able to do inner-engineering-total program online.

@Waken It's a strange thing, Mooji doesn't speak of it much and the process is not official in any way. Just his presence is transmitting nondual understanding alone. I heard him say many strange things over the years like, "One day, when you're ready, I will say a word to you, it could be any word and that word will be like an energy code that enters you and deconstructs your entire personhood" stuff like that. He speaks about things like that only on his private website usually.

When I say I received transmition from him all I meant was that I attended his satsang online. Where he openly sayed he's not teaching anything, rather transmitting and it's up to us to receive it or not. After that satsang my self-inquiry totally changed. Things started to open up inside in a different way then before.

?

Excerpt from Papaji's book 

20210108_103709.jpg

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus Thank you! Over the last week I saw some things of Mooji again and started to recognize and appreciate him more than before. Watched the video and that had quite a pleasant effect for me, perhaps I'll watch and absorb more of him.
And yep this thing has gotten off topic

Edited by Waken

Hey guys, looking for guidance on how to do concentration meditation where you're focusing on the third eye (it's mentioned in lesson 4 in the book). 

The instructions (after you've taken your meditation seat, done other things in your routine before this, intertwine fingers) 

• Focus on the back of the head
  • Imagine you are looking forward from the back (of the head) to the point between the eyebrows (Bhrumadhya)

I've tried doing this some times in the past. And it's worked well for deep experiences. But I'm still confused about how to do it! 

How do you "imagine looking forward" from the back of your head? This only makes sense when I'm paying attention to a volume/slice through my head, like a rod, which passes through third eye. Focus on third eye ofc 

And another thing is that when your eyes are closed and vision black, you can sort of pretend your eyes are further back and focus on third eye? 

How do you do it? When I'm meditating, I like to know if I'm meditating on a cultivated image of my experience (imagining is often cultivating an image, same with kriya pranayama breathing) or something else. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao  In addition to my comment right under this paragraph you can also try out vipassana meditation: one technique is to feel oneself at the crown chakra and look down on the body to be fully present and aware of all sensations & feelings.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

5 hours ago, lmfao said:

And another thing is that when your eyes are closed and vision black, you can sort of pretend your eyes are further back and focus on third eye?

@lmfao
That's how i do it.

Just imagine, with eyes closed towards the point between your eyebrows, you have an eyeball located in the medulla and from there
cast a sight-line forward, cutting through the center of your head and lending at the point between the eyebrows.

Why he tells you to do that? these are my guesses:
1)it creates a connection between the back and the front of the head.
2)Rather than outside/inside, this method creates an inside/inside concentration, which makes you more aware of what's phisically inside of your head, this is very important in kriya, since right at the center of the head is placed the 6th chakra/pineal gland.

@Loving Radiance Thank you

@_Archangel_ Yeah, I'll just keep doing like that for now. It's been working as well or better than anything else so 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are doing great.

Is it the right way to do Ujjayi Pranayama: 

Waiting for the response.

Thanks

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

@Muhammad Jawad Good explanation. In vinyasa yoga sessions we did that for the entire practice to stay mindful. Ocean breath is a good description.

Up to 12 times:

1. inhale 15 sec
  2. pause 3 sec
  3. exhale 15 sec
  4. pause 3 sec

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Muhammad Jawad Good explanation. In vinyasa yoga sessions we did that for the entire practice to stay mindful. Ocean breath is a good description.

Up to 12 times:

1. inhale 15 sec
  2. pause 3 sec
  3. exhale 15 sec
  4. pause 3 sec

Thanks

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

I wish one of these gurus would be open minded enough to try psychedelics