Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

How do you guys deal with shakiness and involuntary movements while doing kriya? It gets really intense during and after Kriya Supreme Fire for me

That's supposed to happen. Is not a bad thing lol. Don't try to suppress energy release!

2 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

@Villager Albert

How many seconds do you take for one round of inhale and exhale during your practice, before doing supreme fire Kriya?

I started doing supreme fire before kriya pranayama, right after maha mudra. Pranayama's typically 24-36 rounds, 50s each round.

Thanks for the tips by the way, I think my core is strong but I might be wrong, will incorporate more core exercises.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Villager Albert

Omg are you serious?

Do you really inhale for 25 seconds and exhale for 25 seconds?

I mean is this for real? If it is, hats of to you man! It definitely is a big feat! Good going.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

@Pacific Sage Thank you man :) I didn't know it's supposed to be hard, I'm probably doing something wrong then :D

I think you were right about the core strength, I've added some more planks and stuff into my routine, hope it'll help :)

@Villager Albert

It indeed is a big feat for me personally?

I can get 10 - 11 seconds each inhale and each exhale. Do use Ujjayi Pranayama to extend the inhale and exhale so much? It's really quite interesting for me that you are able to do that. That's almost like one breath per minute. Super amazing. Am quite happy with my current 3 breaths per minute.

@Pacific Sage I think VO2 max plays a huge role. It's highly genetic but you can probably double it in a single year if you're very active.

3 breaths per minute is nice if you can breathe like that outside kriya cause most people take like 16 breaths per minute :)

Do you also struggle with KSF or am I the only one? I've heard you're supposed to hold it for 2 minutes and most days I'm happy if I can do 90 seconds.

7 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

@Pacific Sage I think VO2 max plays a huge role. It's highly genetic but you can probably double it in a single year if you're very active.

3 breaths per minute is nice if you can breathe like that outside kriya cause most people take like 16 breaths per minute :)

Do you also struggle with KSF or am I the only one? I've heard you're supposed to hold it for 2 minutes and most days I'm happy if I can do 90 seconds.

Yea I try 5-6 breaths a minute frequently through out the day.

Ah no, the reason I haven't started with KSF is because I can comfortably hold my breath for about 45 seconds and I can push it to above a minute but that's uncomfortable. I am still working on my breath retention. 90 seconds is pretty good for KSF I believe.

Edited by Pacific Sage

It is time to report my progress. I am doing kriya yoga for 2 years now. Before i started kriya yoga i wasnt aware of the following things:

- kundalini energy (prana);

- inner light; 

- bliss;

- love;

- meetings with spiritual people at random. There was a guy who told me that he could show me a real demon which i could ask questions. For this to happen i had to go to his house but i havent contacted him because it is a distraction in my opinion. I also met a girl who was a healer. She told me that she could simply look at a person and "see" ad which chakra somebody was. By looking at me she knew instantly that she could trust me and share this information;

- energy blocks in the body;

- chakras;

- people/places have different kind of energy;

- becoming objects that i look at.

During the last months the kundalini energy goes to higher chakras. First the energy was stuck at the fourth chakra but it goes now more to the fifth chakra. In the future more reports.

Stay safe everyone.

I reached to the maha mudra part just last week. And for the past two or three days after touching my hands to the toes and reciting om for 6 times focusing on the center of the eyes when I come back up and exhale I experience a sharp head ache (at the centre of my forehead above my eyebrows ) for few seconds, am I doing something wrong ? 

Edited by Elton

@Elton I think it's actually a sign you're doing it right. These headaches are a sign of 3rd eye awakening.

Kechari seems dangerous. I don't know if I want to do it.

In Tate we trust

14 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Kechari seems dangerous. I don't know if I want to do it.

OMG i would never cut the tongue to achieve more flexibility. I started doing the exercises to get more flexibility (described in most of the books) and after six months of doing it every day it has been enough to do Khechira without to much effort and reach the top of the mouth. After a year I can reach the top of the mouth almost effortlessly. I just clean wash my mouth before I do Kriya Yoga and that is it.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@StarStruck When I'm doing Pranayama or Kriya supreme fire, the reflex to swallow happens a lot but the tongue just go back to the normal position. It feels impossible to swallow the tongue.

Edited by Juliano Zn

@Juliano Zn I heard somebody who swallowed their tongue and died. Not with Kriya Yoga by the way. 

Currently reading Kriya Yoga revealed. I stopped reading after Khecari Mudra. I’m just gonna do the exercises until I reach a point that I’m comfortable with doing such dangerous exercises. 

How far can you go with your tongue?

In Tate we trust

I got a tongue tie .. 

Can this hamper my progress ? 

Currently I'm doing the tongue related exercises how much I can but I can't benefit much from this I guess.

@StarStruck Not really, it does not feel as I can swallow it at any moment. It just get more flexible. But it is also not that important.

Yo can practice KP by just rising the tongue as much as you can, I think some books call it baby Khechari. Don't get to fixed on doing "perfect" forms, they are already perfect as you do it, just keep on doing it.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@YogiLogan @ShanmugamHello, could you give me the instructions for shambavi mudra. I have a lot of social anxiety and I heard this would be ideal for helping me, I cannot wait until October. If you can help me contact me at milantroude@outlook.fr thanks