Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

Has anybody here has any profound mystical experiences with Kriya yet?

19 hours ago, kira said:

hi there

so i have been trying this kriya yoga technic  (please do know ask me the name beause i dont remember im really horrible at remembering names)

so anyways..the thecnic consist in pushing though out of your mind and focusing on a spesific point inside your scull. right inbetween your eyes.  by doing this for 1hr you would get the benefits of sleeping for hrs.

so i began doing this technic before bed. not for one hr but for 10 to 15 min... and every night since i have been doing that. my inner clock has been waking me up, early in the morning… mosthly around 5am the day before yesturday was even 3am... when i woke up i jumped out of bed.. i felt so rested that i was sure i must have overslept and didnt hear my alarm the panic voice in my mind was telling me that it must be around 10am and i was already super late for work.

to my suprise it was never past 5am

(stupidly enough when i saw this I laid back down to sleep when i should have stood up, i know…)

so this had happend for like 4 nights on a row… everysingle time i have done this technic..now last night i was wondering if me waking up so early really had something to do with this technic..so last night i didnt do it... and i didnt experince what i have been experincing the last couple of days.. no refresh feeling in the morning.. no my body waking me up when it was ready to start functioning….

is the first time im doing kriya and i dont know why my mind is being so sceptical about it... it doesnt want to believe and puts it as coincidence...

This happened to me before but it didn't last, my body felt incredible while it did though. Check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmamuhurtha. Sadhguru talks about this a lot as well.

@reves hi there friend.. just did my first kriya pranayama . i found it extremly difficult.. so many things to concentrate on.. its very hard.

i have a question. during the inhale, do we have to stop and "feel" every chakra and chant om before going to the next and doing the  same  ? it would look like

1ste chaka     2de chakra    3de chakra    ect...

om                    om                  om

or would it be something more smooth like

1ste chaka     2de chakra    3de chakra    ect...

oooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not really stop at each chakra but more like flowing through it  ?

i hope i managed to visualized my question and make it as easy to understand as possible

:P

@kira Hi there, I think there is not just one way to do it, nor that you should care to much on the details. It was also harder for me on the beginning but with time and practice you will master it. The first book that Leo recommended clarifies and makes you follow a slower and maybe easier learning path.

Just listen to your hearth, some days I don't chant Om on every Chakra and some days I do it.

Most of the time I do it like the first explanation you give, stop on each Chakra for two to three seconds, feel it and chant Om and then continue to the next one. I try to do this as mindfully as I can. Hope it helps!

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@reves  thanks, today its my thirth day of kriya (gotta start somewhere) I spend a couple of weeks doing some reasearsch and getting general information. the first day it was really difficult… it took me about 15 min just to do 24 kriya pranayama..

it was focusing on too many things at the same time. now its going relativily smoothing.. i gave up trying to focusing on everything at the same time and decided to build it up slowly..once the breathing and the chanting becomes an automatischme i can focus on the tirth eyes. its exausting trying to perfectly focuse on everything.. i do notice that through doing this practies i can easily calm the monkey mind (even though right now its only lasting about 15mins.. i am planning on increasing my practice gradually) .. alot better that when i did 40 mins of quite meditation daily

@kira yes it can be overwhelming at the beginning. Maybe try to find a balance trying not to rush and just to keep a good progress, if it stops being fun and interesting, it is a sing a sing that maybe you have to change something.

I started doing Kriya at the beginning of the year and I have reached a point where I can  do it two times a day around 36-48 KPs. So I am not that experienced as others maybe but I can now do it much more but combining it with meditation and psychedelics has brought me some profound mystical experiences.

So have fun and good luck!

So I’ve been trying out dream yoga along with various exercises + kundalini

last night I fell asleep, in this case I didn’t try dream yoga. I remember vaguely dreaming something up then I felt as if something was lifting me off my bed. I wasn’t scared, the second I let go to what was “ pulling me “ it all stopped. I’ve been also feeling like theres dark objects on the corner of my eyes as if something or someone is there. When I look, there’s nothing... anyone relate?

@Shakazulu As you were lifted off bed, are you sure you were dreaming? It might have been an out of body experience. Many people report scary stuff when trying to astral project.

I've been starting to experience panic-like feelings when doing pranayama (SantataGamana's, focus on 3rd eye). It intensifies on out-breath: pressure on chest and lightness on head. I'm not pushing the breath but doing pranayama as gently as possible. 

What to do now? Will I damage myself if I continue, because people say kriya shouldn't feel bad. Also, I have a history of having anxiety and panic attacks. 

@reves it is fun yes.. and i really enjoy it.. because for the duration of the routine my mind is focused only on that, and they arent millions of thoughs distrating me on the background.. it is almost effortless i love that :) 
which kind of meditation do you do in combination with kriya ?

3 hours ago, llumi said:

I've been starting to experience panic-like feelings when doing pranayama (SantataGamana's, focus on 3rd eye). It intensifies on out-breath: pressure on chest and lightness on head. I'm not pushing the breath but doing pranayama as gently as possible. 

What to do now? Will I damage myself if I continue, because people say kriya shouldn't feel bad. Also, I have a history of having anxiety and panic attacks. 

@llumi Do you do any grounding and centering work? I found this to be really important. If you are going to focus on the third eye for long periods you will need grounding, this is VERY important. Stimulate your root chakra. Look into grounding exercises and take them seriously. Infact if I were you I would stop chanting on the third eye for awhile and get a good base. You need a strong foundation and if you are prone to anxiety and attacks things might get worse for you if you continue.

@kira Nothing special, just sitting and following the breath, concentration training, and sometimes listening to tibetan singing bowls.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:06 PM, llumi said:

So you experience panic-like feelings like anxiety plus the chest pressure and lightheadedness? simultaneously and independently?

Damage in terms of? I'd guess that you would automatically stop before you would damage yourself seriously. If you feel like slowing down but you keep doing then perhaps it could get tough psychologically/emotionally and if you can't handle it potentially result in light psychological damage.

If your intuition tells you to do less pranayamas then do less, if you intuit you can do more then I would say - with my little understanding and expertise - that you are probably fine.

Have you tried out shamanic breathing so far? It might be a good tool to confront the root of your anxiety/panick attacks (but would therefore be very tough also). 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, llumi said:

That's really Mukherjee's technique, not Gamana's. It is not typical Kriya but I know he claims it is original Kriya. Consider putting your questions to Mukherjee personally if you really want to do that version of Kriya. He plans to be in UK and US in 2020 so if you could travel to those places you could get initiation from him.

Any tips for improving visualization during pranayamas? 

15 hours ago, herghly said:

Any tips for improving visualization during pranayamas? 

The sushumna is located in the spine, so make sure that you are moving within the spine. If I remember right, the path roughly from the 2nd to the 3rd chakra in the picture with the chakras in J.C. Steven's book doesn't depict the actual curve of the spine, so google a picture of the spine to have the accurate curve.

Besides kriya yoga, what other meditations do you guys do, if any?

I've been considering to add in do nothing technique occasionally.

@GreenWoods I'm not sure which book i read it in, but i remember reading we should tense our butts slightly as we are doing pranayama. Do you do that?

9 hours ago, herghly said:

Besides kriya yoga, what other meditations do you guys do, if any?

Usually I do some kind of surrendering/being meditation and self inquiry and sometimes breath witnessing, contemplation and concentration

9 hours ago, herghly said:

@GreenWoods I'm not sure which book i read it in, but i remember reading we should tense our butts slightly as we are doing pranayama. Do you do that?

The butts or the perineum?

What purpose is clenching the butts supposed to have? I sometimes clench the anus and perineum muscles during pranayama inhalation,  this makes the prana go up more easily and forcefully. But I always do it only during a few pranayamas and not the whole routine, as this could be to potent.

Edited by GreenWoods