Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2019 at 5:25 PM, Pernani said:

Has any of you achieved Khechari Mudra ? I can easily reach the uvula and beyond it but when I do that I hit a hard palate beyond the uvula, and then maybe if I twist my tongue enough I can feel a hollow space, but that's the limit for me, I can't keep it there.. What should I do to achieve full khechari?

Do you use your fingers? Try to twist your tongue with your fingers and then get it into the hollow space. just do this for some days (several times daily) and you should have it.

19 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Can anyone tell me Gamana's kriya pranayam? (not the crown variant please, just the third eye one thanks)

I left my book in another country D: 

I'm looking to change things around in my routine a little bit

You put your focus on the 3rd eye and keep it there ALL the time. When inhaling, mentally chant om 6 times into the 3rd eye and while exhaling 6 times too. If you can, do khechari mudra, otherwise baby khechari. Aim for one-pointedness.

Edited by GreenWoods

I'm a complete newbie to Kriya Yoga. Are there any YouTube videos you can suggest, that best depicts the Kriya that you all are doing from the books suggested? I'd like to see how it's physically done. And get a better idea of what I'm in for starting down this path. 

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I'm a complete newbie to Kriya Yoga. Are there any YouTube videos you can suggest, that best depicts the Kriya that you all are doing from the books suggested? I'd like to see how it's physically done. And get a better idea of what I'm in for starting down this path. 

Except for maha mudra all the kriyas involve no physical movement (excpet the bandhas, fingers for yoni mudra, tongue, eyes and head for the higher kriyas). 

Here is maha mudra:

Maha mudra involves the bandhas too.

I dont think it is necessary to be able to do a perfect leg stretch in case you are too unflexibel 

Edited by GreenWoods

Huh, not what I was expecting. Just looks like legs stretches to me. Don't see how that brings about an enlightenment awakening. But as I said, I'm ignorant of how it all works. Any other videos that depict the full practices? 

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Huh, not what I was expecting. Just looks like legs stretches to me. Don't see how that brings about an enlightenment awakening. But as I said, I'm ignorant of how it all works. Any other videos that depict the full practices? 

You gotta read what the stretches are about. There is hardly any physical movement, has to do with a lot of concentration/visualization of chakras and energy pathways. The goal is to reach a state of samadhi, but at the very least practicing it regularly will improve posture/flexibility/lung capacity and give you a sense of inner peace. I would get the book if I were you. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Jed Vassallo Kriya Yoga is done by sitting on a pillow. It's a meditation technique that focuses on breathing and visualization, not the movement. All the fireworks happen on the inside, so read the book.

You can't learn Kriya or grasp what it really is about from looking at people doing it, you have to read the book.

22 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

That was not how I was expecting the teacher to look, Lol. 

Hmm. Have you seen his teacher?

20 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

You put your focus on the 3rd eye and keep it there ALL the time. When inhaling, mentally chant om 6 times into the 3rd eye and while exhaling 6 times too. If you can, do khechari mudra, otherwise baby khechari. Aim for one-pointedness.

Thank you sir!

Alright this might sound weird but has anyone experienced frequent urination as a side effect of doing kriya ? I feel like just when I'm practicing kriya ( I also do some asanas beforehand) I have to go to the bathroom twice, sometimes thrice 

@Pernani Some people have reported this during energy healing and other such things. They say it's your body detoxing.

I've experienced this from Reiki and a 'kundalini activator'.

im new to kriya yoga .. somebody care to give me some research as to where to start with the practice..and online videos that i can follow ?

thanks guys

Hi @kira I would suggest you go through the last 25 pages of this thread, am sure you will find all that you are looking for.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Has anyone here gotten samadhi through their practice?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

20 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Has anyone here gotten samadhi through their practice?

I have, through kriya pranayama + kriya supreme fire + parvastha (final special kriya). In parvastha, samadhi comes naturally if you've done the other 2 practices correctly! The first stills the mind, the second awakes kundalini, the third collapses my ego into awareness. But to reach this stage, I needed a lot of practice.

Cheers.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:00 AM, The Blind Sage said:

@Pernani Some people have reported this during energy healing and other such things. They say it's your body detoxing.

I've experienced this from Reiki and a 'kundalini activator'.

That's good to know. thanks :)