Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AdamDiC said:

What would be the difference between Parvastha and self-inquiry? 

I don't think there is a big difference , it just depends on how you define the terms.

I understand self inquiry as:

focusing on awareness, nothingness, void [,the Self]

and the Parvastha as surrendering to, being (in) the awarenes, nothingness void, the Self, or as you/Gamana described:

chill in the I-amness.

And I think self inquiry is more about actively wondering/ looking what you are while parvastha is about (passively) surrendering to what you are

One might say self-inquiry is a more masculine and parvastha a more feminine approach

I think Gamana says that you can stay in your one-pointed concentration spot after the practise if you are intuitively drawn to it. Otherwise recommends to just surrender

Edited by GreenWoods

Today as I was doing my routine, during the spinal breathing (KP2), as I was holding the breath at Bindu, I started to feel I was about to pass out, I felt like a reduction in my blood pressure. This happened like two or three times. It is the first time that I experience something like this, I always try to do the routine very aware and try not to rush through it.  Has anyone experienced something like this? 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Did anyone get a reply from Ennio Nimis for an email, or is he currently not checking them? I don't want to spam the guy.

During KP1, are you sort of imagining a cold sensation rising up your spine to bindu, or are you trying to feel a subtle cold sensation thats already there?

and on the end of the exhale when the warm positive energy is coming down, are you visualizing the root chakra or trying to feel a sensation down there too?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 9/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, reves said:

Today as I was doing my routine, during the spinal breathing (KP2), as I was holding the breath at Bindu, I started to feel I was about to pass out, I felt like a reduction in my blood pressure. This happened like two or three times. It is the first time that I experience something like this, I always try to do the routine very aware and try not to rush through it.  Has anyone experienced something like this? 

How long did you hold your breath at bindu? And how long was your inhalation?

On 9/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, reves said:

I felt like a reduction in my blood pressure

Would you consider that positive or negative ?

@TrynaBeTurquoise

11 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

During KP1, are you sort of imagining a cold sensation rising up your spine to bindu, or are you trying to feel a subtle cold sensation thats already there?

I have trouble feeling the cold sensation. I try to imagine/visualize/feel it. 

cold sensation thats already there?

I don't think the cold sensation is already there. I believe it is linked to the breath (inhale).

and on the end of the exhale when the warm positive energy is coming down, are you visualizing the root chakra or trying to feel a sensation down there too?

I try to reach and feel/activate it

On 9/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, GreenWoods said:

How long did you hold your breath at bindu? And how long was your inhalation?

Hi there!, I hold the breath at bindu for 3-4 seconds. The inhalation is about 10-15 seconds.

On 9/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, GreenWoods said:

Would you consider that positive or negative ?

Well it became harder to concentrate on each Chakra.

Also, prior to the KP2 I do 18 KP1 cycles. I guess I have work more on my breathing technique.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Metaphysical Question for my kriyabans up in here, at the beginning of the book it talks about how one of the benefits is being freed from the death/rebirth cycle. What does this mean to you?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Metaphysical Question for my kriyabans up in here, at the beginning of the book it talks about how one of the benefits is being freed from the death/rebirth cycle. What does this mean to you?

That is a traditional and probably exaggerated claim made by Yoga. Transcendental Meditation makes a similar claim, though not to newcomers. In some of those beliefs, reincarnation occurs because deep-seated earthly experiences call the soul back to Earth repeatedly. And Yoga is supposed to remove the residue of those experiences. While Yoga is a very deep system of knowledge, I tend to think this type of material on reincarnation is drastically oversimplified and not universally applicable.

For clarity on this subject I recommend the books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton; Your Soul's Plan by Robert Schwartz, and the Seth books by Jane Roberts -- especially "Seth Speaks".

19 hours ago, reves said:

Hi there!, I hold the breath at bindu for 3-4 seconds. The inhalation is about 10-15 seconds.

So you have like 2 breaths a minute.  perhaps that's not enough. Was it still comfortable or did you have to fight the urge to breathe?

If you want to avoid passing out then just deacrese your inhalation and exhalation time

7 hours ago, kerk said:

That is a traditional and probably exaggerated claim made by Yoga. Transcendental Meditation makes a similar claim, though not to newcomers. In some of those beliefs, reincarnation occurs because deep-seated earthly experiences call the soul back to Earth repeatedly. And Yoga is supposed to remove the residue of those experiences. While Yoga is a very deep system of knowledge, I tend to think this type of material on reincarnation is drastically oversimplified and not universally applicable.

For clarity on this subject I recommend the books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton; Your Soul's Plan by Robert Schwartz, and the Seth books by Jane Roberts -- especially "Seth Speaks".

Nice, interesting book recommendations, thank you

"While practicing Kriya feel the inspiration of God in the spine" - Swami Yogananda

Has any of you achieved Khechari Mudra ? I can easily reach the uvula and beyond it but when I do that I hit a hard palate beyond the uvula, and then maybe if I twist my tongue enough I can feel a hollow space, but that's the limit for me, I can't keep it there.. What should I do to achieve full khechari?

On 9/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, Girzo said:

Did anyone get a reply from Ennio Nimis for an email, or is he currently not checking them? I don't want to spam the guy.

I emailed him once and he responded after three of four days

Can anyone tell me Gamana's kriya pranayam? (not the crown variant please, just the third eye one thanks)

I left my book in another country D: 

I'm looking to change things around in my routine a little bit

Leo in the last video mentions again Kriya Yoga and says to come here to find out about it and how to start the practice but... there are 78 pages to read. Would anyone be willing to tell me where and how to learn everything about it so that I can start what seems to be an amazing practice?

@docs20 buy his book list. See his meditation techniques section, there is a textbook that will give you a base. Reading it on an online forum isn't broad enough of a foundation, you'll understand why once you can do the techniques.

After you finish the textbook' 1st initiation, read the other kriya books on the list.

Hey,

If I do shamanic breathing for a minute then tighten my core/abs* and squeeze my butt cheeks and stretch, my mind goes blank to the level where everything just faded away.

I don't know if this a good thing to do or a bad thing or is it similar of any kriya yoga experience?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Vido
Spelling mistake

5 minutes ago, Vido said:

Hey,

If I do shamanic breathing for a minute then tighten my vote and squeeze my butt cheeks and stretch, my mind goes blank to the level where everything just faded away.

I don't know if this a good thing to do or a bad thing or is it similar of any kriya yoga experience?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Sounds like mula bandha . If you can experience the void then that's amazing in itself. 

You should check out wim hof, you might find it interesting.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

@Pacific Sage  Alright, thanks. I'll check it out.

I have a request, could you please just try out what I said and tell me how you feel? I would love to hear your experience of it.

@Vido It's best not to mess around with this stuff. Just stick to the core practices.

Kriya Pranayama + Mahamudra + Supreme Fire