Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Do I need to do all my kriya practices in one session or can I do them throughout the day. And the same goes for individual practices, can I divide them?

3 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@Leo Gura Why people claim that Kriya yoga is dangerous... demons licking them other strange beings showing up etc 

Or Cthulhu, calling you. Sometimes it gives me chills ..

Speaking of Cthulhu, has anyone seen this type of thing, Tentacle like, dark red, floating? This is a perfect representation. I've seen them couple of times, once extremely vividly while meditating with quartz cluster and labradorite, always wondered what they are. It is almost exactly like this, like you are seeing it in front of you, floating in the volumetric void, the size of a small plate. Maybe Lovecraft's work is based on this very same thing, who knows what he saw.

Edited by Yog

@Yog Thanks for the comprehensive explanation:) But I don't get the third step. What do you mean with "gaze at the void"? looking at one's eyelids with eyes closed?

@ahmad ibdah it's better you do them at once. And you can do this routine several times a day. But if you have to split it (because of your schedule) it won't matter too much. The thick book also has them split (one main session and one little before bed). But don't split more than once and only if you have to. what do you mean by splitting individual practises? 

On 8/11/2019 at 0:06 AM, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@Leo Gura Why people claim that Kriya yoga is dangerous... demons licking them other strange beings showing up etc 

very rarely demons or other strange beings probably could appear. Just like with psychedelics or astral travelling (there more likely).

But all in all it shouldn't be far more dangerous than driving a car

On 6/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, Pernani said:

Another dumb question guys, when visualizing the shusumna do you imagine it as a straight line going straight from muladhara? Or does it curve from the muladhara to sacral chakra and then go straight up ? im not sure how it's done cause I can't even feel where the sacral chakra is, they say its on the tip of the tail bone but I just dont feel it fam

Lesson 23 might be helpful 

8 months progress report:

I've been doing kriya yoga daily but at the beginning I often skipped some rounds and did it only once a day so I guess the average daily time spent was about 32 minutes. Beside Kriya I did self-inquiry, meditation and some sexual kungfu practises (semen preservation, microcosmic orbit meditation, big draw)

-mystical experiences: none. But I was several times right at the brink. I got slight panic attatacks  (my heart was racing quickly and I felt fear...), but I haven't managed to push through yet

- Impact on meditations: After about 5 months I managed to get into the parvastha state within a few seconds after sitting down and closing my eyes (without doing yoga beforehand!). That means yoga had a huge impact on my meditations. They are significantly deeper now. To achieve this solely through meditation would probably have taken me at least 2 years.

- Thoughts: During the day thoughts became less. When meditating or in the after-Kriya  state, with some tiny effort I manage to have about 85% less thoughts. 

-mood: my overall wellbeing increased. I feel more peace and joy throughout the day

-ckakras: Several times the 3rd eye and the root chakra suddenly got very hot.

-Prana: I can clearly feel prana 

-lights: yesterday, I put may palms on my closed eyes after pranayama and saw a beautiful blue light

Currently I'm so fascinated by yoga that I expanded my routine to about 65 minutes twice a day. My current routine is:

nadi sodhana (1min), chanting om aloud (1-3 min), maha mudra (1-3 rounds), kriya supreme fire (1-3 rounds), Kp1 ( 24 rounds ), Sushumna Sodhana (ca. 6rounds), Kp2 (24 rounds), Mental Kriya (2-5 min), Kriya pranayama (72 rounds), yoni mudra (1round), parvastha state

Edited by GreenWoods

30 minutes ago, herghly said:

@GreenWoods Great update!

What benefits have you found from doing a longer routine?

I've been doing the longer routine only for about 4 days. And benefits usually are longterm. So far: I haven't experienced a deepening of the after state. But the routine itself got more joyful after the working with the chakras. And there is noticable more awareness of the sushumna and the chakras

On 8/10/2019 at 3:06 PM, SriBhagwanYogi said:

It's a powerful kundalini activator for some people. The energy it activates can get stuck in various ways and lead to all sorts of spiritual emergencies. Not to mention that any kind of technique which rapidly builds up mindfulness and elevates consciousness can cause people to freak out. The ego-mind tends to resist such efforts in many different kinds of sneaky ways. It can trigger sleepless, anxiety, anger, restlessness, tension, cravings, visions, hallucinations, paranormal phenomena, etc.

You should read up on the dangers of activating kundalini before you start yoga. I have some books on my book list about it. You don't want to be caught unawares.

Basically all the stuff I talked about in my The Dark Side Of Meditation video, but even worse.

To be clear, it's not guaranteed that bad stuff will happen. It's just a possibility.

It also depends on how deep you go with it. If it takes you all the way to enlightenment you can certainly expect all the freakiness that comes with awakening, including the Dark Night of The Soul. Awakening is not all rainbows and daffodils. Some egos have serious freak outs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:58 PM, ahmad ibdah said:

Do I need to do all my kriya practices in one session or can I do them throughout the day. And the same goes for individual practices, can I divide them?

Can someone answer my question ,please?

@ahmad ibdah No dividing. Sit down and do the whole routine. This is not kindergraten. This is a serious spiritual discipline. So stop dicking around. You have to treat this seriously, like it's the most important thing in your life.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@ahmad ibdah No dividing. Sit down and do the whole routine. This is not kindergraten. This is a serious spiritual discipline. So stop dicking around. You have to treat this seriously, like it's the most important thing in your life.

Ok sir. That was a bit harsh but thanks leo

On 8/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, GreenWoods said:

@Yog Thanks for the comprehensive explanation:) But I don't get the third step. What do you mean with "gaze at the void"? looking at one's eyelids with eyes closed?

-Yes mate, you just observe the blackness that is behind your closed eyelids, while not attaching to body or mind, you just observe, just watch it. If bodily sensations or thoughts come, gently let them go.

-If you continue watching it, you'll notice that there is a depth to it. It's 3D, volumetric now.

-And after a while it will start moving into your memory impression space, It is a space usually found about 20cm to the front-top-rear of your head. (try to pinpoint where are your daydreams happening when you walk, that is the spot ) You'll notice it as you will no longer be just the point-observer, but the void moves into you. Its like you are glued to it and are not sure from what point are you observing it. That is the space i talked about. You want to get there, and sit there.

-If you want to try it out, go slowly, do not expect much. It took me quite a while to get there, and distinguish between these states.

-Note this is just a map, all you have to do is observe the black, while not attaching to anything.

-A good sign that you went far is when you have difficulty remembering how you got there: sat on my bed to do 20 minutes of meditation. Your memory will start to get wonky as boundaries between time and space dissolve. And when you come back you'll be surprised that you were sitting in that spot, that city, that apartment for few seconds.

You always have that 5% of it if you want to pull back. Or just, snap your fingers and open your eyes.

Edited by Yog

32 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@ahmad ibdah Awakening is harsh, get used to it. ¬¬ 

Actually ,yeah I was dicking around . I needed that.

@Leo Gura what if you're developing compassion/ loving-kindness do these mantras prevent dark kundalini experiences?

54 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@Leo Gura what if you're developing compassion/ loving-kindness do these mantras prevent dark kundalini experiences?

I wouldn't think of kundalini complications as being dark. It's just various sorts of energetic unlocking & processing.

An energetic block doesn't have to be dark to be uncomfortable, frustrating, or troubling.

So you can practice being loving, but an energetic upheaval can still get ya.

Then again, for some people there might be a dark aspect to kundalini. There's a lot of variety to how these things can unfold. Some people report experiencing demons and other weird stuff. Personally that's foreign to my experiences but I think it's possible for some.

I've never had a demonic experience in 70+ trips. I'm not sure what causes it. I guess demons don't like me :P

@GreenWoods  Another question. Why do you do many different forms of pranayamas? Have you tried only doing one?

Before i was doing 2-3 different forms of pranayamas and after I started to only do one form I found my meditation got much deeper. I suspect it allows me to concentrate more.

2 hours ago, herghly said:

@GreenWoods  Another question. Why do you do many different forms of pranayamas? Have you tried only doing one?

Before i was doing 2-3 different forms of pranayamas and after I started to only do one form I found my meditation got much deeper. I suspect it allows me to concentrate more.

I just combine the approaches of both books. the one does only one pranayma 108 times. usually I see no immediate difference between 72 and 108 breaths so I mostly do 72. Instead I add the pranayamas by the other author because they address other things. I find kp1 important to open the sushumna and Kp2,3 to open the ckakras.  Those things are largely ignored by the pranayamas of the short-books author. 

But I guess there would also be an upside if I did 144 breaths of the short-book author's pranayamas. The achieved one-pointedness could be quite beneficial. But for my current situation, I feel like the benefits of doing the other pranayamas instead outweigh them

@Yog Thank you:) I will try it out