Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@Fortunate Son You don't need to see a point between the eyes to be able to continue to further lessons. Just try to feel the skin where the 3rd eye is supposed to be. Over time you will get better at it. better not get too much hung up on details

22 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Stuff with forehead feels like some sort of ego problem or stored negative beliefs and psychological complexes. stuff in genital area feels like strange energy and disconnection.  

Shamanic breathing might really help you. Kriya too but I would put more attention on shamanic breathing.

Do you masturbate?

4 hours ago, Fortunate Son said:

Hi, I'm struggling to focus on a "point" between eyes when meditating. I don't see any point between my eyes when I close them, I can't imagine any point, it's frustrating and I can't continue to further lessons in Kriya book. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi! Initially it helps if you just slightly converge your eye brows and create a bit of tension between your eyebrows. Hope this helps create the sensation.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:31 PM, Yog said:

Btw, been doing my version of gaze-in-the-black and than get-absorbed-by-the-black type of meditation

I've  never heard of this, what do you do? It seems like it can be pretty powerful:)

On 8/7/2019 at 7:31 PM, Yog said:

What are your thoughts on that, do you experience such things, if so, what do you do about it ?
Let it happen, suppress and focus ?

I never experienced such things but I would say just let it happen and surrender into it. if it gets too much then just do this kind of meditation less frequently.

Is it worth working with the chakras? I've been doing kriya according to the small books, that means I've been ignoring most of the ckakras. The thick book has techniques like mental kriya and Kp2,3 where you work with / include the chakras. Has anyone been doing those and feels like they are worth it?

2 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Is it worth working with the chakras? I've been doing kriya according to the small books, that means I've been ignoring most of the ckakras. The thick book has techniques like mental kriya and Kp2,3 where you work with / include the chakras. Has anyone been doing those and feels like they are worth it?

For me, the ajna chakra has indeed worked like the commander chakra. Through ajna I have accessed the sushumna. I can feel the chakras. Some days more than others. I have not yet felt the OM's penetrating each chakra specifically but I have no doubt it will over time. I still need better focus, which I am working on. I do mental kriya sometimes when I am walking, it works good for me.

3 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

@GreenWoods

If I may ask, what is your kriya routine right now?

Maha mudra, Kp1, pranayama (about 72 breaths), yoni mudra, kriya supreme fire

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

For me, the ajna chakra has indeed worked like the commander chakra. Through ajna I have accessed the sushumna. I can feel the chakras. Some days more than others. I have not yet felt the OM's penetrating each chakra specifically but I have no doubt it will over time. I still need better focus, which I am working on. I do mental kriya sometimes when I am walking, it works good for me.

Thank you:) 

11 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Maha mudra, Kp1, pranayama (about 72 breaths), yoni mudra, kriya supreme fire

Sweet!! Kind of doing almost the same.

@GreenWoods

How much time does this routine take from you?

Also I have a couple of question regarding some practices if you can kindly answer.

First, how should the breathing be in pranyama.how much time doing 72 breaths takes form you ?

Second, In Navi kryia , my book says to do 9 mini cycles after finishing one cycle. I didn't fully understand that.

2 hours ago, ahmad ibdah said:

How much time does this routine take from you?

probably around 45 minutes without the after state. It depends how many rounds of maha mudra and supreme fire I do, and the length of the pranayama breaths

First, how should the breathing be in pranyama.

What do you mean?

how much time doing 72 breaths takes form you ?

It depends how long each breath takes. You should try to have them as long as possible (while still comfortable). Next time I will stop the time.

Second, In Navi kryia , my book says to do 9 mini cycles after finishing one cycle. I didn't fully understand that.

I don't do navi kriya (yet). Your book is not on Leo's booklist right? because there I found a different instruction

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

probably around 45 minutes without the after state. It depends how many rounds of maha mudra and supreme fire I do, and the length of the pranayama breaths

What do you mean?

It depends how long each breath takes. You should try to have them as long as possible (while still comfortable). Next time I will stop the time.

I don't do navi kriya (yet). Your book is not on Leo's booklist right? because there I found a different instruction

Yes my book is that ennio nimis 

The book states that there should be constriction in throught during inhalation and a musical sound during exhalation

@ahmad ibdah

That's Ujjayi Pranayama. You can look it up on YouTube as well.

I think the musical sound during exhalation will take time as I think it is a result of a really slow exhale with constriction.

Edited by Pacific Sage

42 minutes ago, Pacific Sage said:

@ahmad ibdah

That's Ujjayi Pranayama. You can look it up on YouTube as well.

I think the musical sound during exhalation will take time as I think it is a result of a really slow exhale with constriction.

Ok thanks 

But what about Navi kriya ?

@ahmad ibdah

1 hour ago, ahmad ibdah said:

Ok thanks 

But what about Navi kriya ?

I am not doing Navi Kriya yet too but it seems pretty straight forward from Ennio's book:

"Forget  the breath, let  it  be natural. Rest  the  chin  on the  throat  cavity. Om is  chanted  100  –  aloud  or  mentally  –   times  in  the  navel  region. The chin  is  then  raised  as  much  as  possible  and Om is  chanted  approximately  25  times  in  the  third Chakra  Manipura. This is one Navi  Kriya . Practice four Navi  Kriyas."

19 hours ago, ahmad ibdah said:

.how much time doing 72 breaths takes form you ?

last time it took me 23 minutes

On 8/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, GreenWoods said:

I've  never heard of this, what do you do? It seems like it can be pretty powerful:)

I never experienced such things but I would say just let it happen and surrender into it. if it gets too much then just do this kind of meditation less frequently.

Well I tried to name it on the fly, its not a krya yoga thing I actually never done krya and am burned up for it. This is something that I made and it works for me.

-Minimize interference from the body (trough relaxation, relax each muscle separately as you breathe out, make them feel heavy, go trough all of them, i tend to start from the face and jaw muscles, downwards )
-Minimize interference from the mind (breath counting and than just breath observance, also slow your breath as much as u can as you progress, I usually count from 50 to 0, or 30 to 0)
-Gaze at the void (at first it is like a 2D TV screen, eyelid space, if thoughts come let them pass, hypnagogic flashes may also appear, as you go into REM )
-Continue gazing at the void (it becomes more volumetric, there is depth)
-Continue gazing at the void (it stops being spacial, you are not at a spot and watching it, the observer merges with the void, there is no point of observance)
-If things appear, (such as faces, colors, patterns, sounds, gently observe them.)
-Sit in that state as long as you want (I do it between 40 minutes an 1 hour.)

Usually the spontaneous movements start at point 3, and come in cycles, 2 minutes they are gone, than in 2 minutes they come again.
They can be rather distracting, snapping you back to time/space consciousness. But I let them do their thing .... seems to be so little material on this on the web.
Also you may experience light-switch type-of transitions while deepening. Focus 11, 12, 15, as Robert Monroe would call them, its OBE language.
The void state is also the same, its pure void observed by your camera (consciousness)

Edited by Yog