Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, loub said:

I recently got into the book that leo recommended on his book list on kriya yoga (the short one), he does not give instructions on how to do 'maha mudra' and I coulnt find any detailed explanation. he seems to have given one in his prior book which I dont own.

could someone please give me the instructions on maha mudra as taught by the author?

Any additional tips for someone just starting his kriya practice are more than welcome too :)

google ennio nimis, he has a few books with very detailed (original) kriya yoga techniques

hey im completely new to this practice, which books should i read first? (i want the manual to be easy because im seeing al the messeges here and it looks very very complex!)

thank you!

Hey guys. I am thinking of buying Leos book-list, just to get the Krya yoga books at this present time. Regardless of my unemployed a*s .So I have 2 important questions before I do.

-Is the book available in digital (kindle,mobi), or do I have to order it physically .
-Can the techniques be done in a silent way, as I am doing my spiritual practice at 5 am and people are sleeping ?  I don't want to be slapping the walls or breathe like an ox. Thanks :x

Edited by Yog

2 hours ago, Western Buddha said:

hey im completely new to this practice, which books should i read first? (i want the manual to be easy because im seeing al the messeges here and it looks very very complex!)

thank you!

Ennio Nimis has a free book on Kriya which is great. In the third pdf there is a great technique that you can follow. Not complicated. Since you will have no supervision it is also good because you will start with completely natural breath. So you won't stress your nervous system by mistake, which I believe a lot of newbies do by breathing incorrectly.

http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

50 minutes ago, Yog said:

Hey guys. I am thinking of buying Leos book-list, just to get the Krya yoga books at this present time. Regardless of my unemployed a*s .So I have 2 important questions before I do.

-Is the book available in digital (kindle,mobi), or do I have to order it physically .
-Can the techniques be done in a silent way, as I am doing my spiritual practice at 5 am and people are sleeping ?  I don't want to be slapping the walls or breathe like an ox. Thanks :x

In my post above I link to a book that is free by Ennio Nimis. It has all the info to get a good practice going. It is, imo, one of the best books on Kriya Yoga available.

Some of the books on Leo's list are available on kindle.

You don't have to disturb people while doing it.

Edited by Esoteric

@Yog Good decision! it's definitively worth it

- He has yoga books by 2 authors. The books by the first are avaible as kindle on amazon ($10). The book by the other author (the thick book) is not available as digital form on amazon but on another website. you will find it by googling

- yes, they are done silently. You can chant om loudly and do ujjayi breathing which can be slightly heard but both are optional 

if you don't have much time, buy the book buy the author with several books which also explains the different schools. The schools are unimportant but in this book are the fundamental techniques. his second book is dvanced. You can do them after you have been doing it according to his first book or according to the other authors book

I feel a blockage in my tummy (find myself breathing heavily and fast when I do anapana meditation) sort of numbness and strangeness in genital area and then a sort of pain in my forehead, strain in back of neck and knot in my heart area... will kriya clear this up? What should I expect?

Edited by SunnyNewDay

2 hours ago, Western Buddha said:

thank you!

8 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

if you don't have much time, buy the book buy the author with several books which also explains the different schools. The schools are unimportant but in this book are the fundamental techniques. 

21 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

I feel a blockage in my tummy (find myself breathing heavily and fast when I do anapana meditation) sort of numbness and strangeness in genital area and then a sort of pain in my forehead, strain in back of neck and knot in my heart area... will kriya clear this up? What should I expect?

What does your doc think?

kriya will probably take care of your breathing (unless it has some unusual cause) and perhaps your neck and knot in your heart, but for these hatha is more effective. But I don't know how this affects your genital area and forehead, it depends on what exactly the problems in theses areas are. What are the cause of these problems? 

Something your doc suggests could be more effevtive.

Edited by GreenWoods

6 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

What does your doc think?

kriya will probably take care of your breathing (unless it has some unusual cause) and perhaps your neck and knot in your heart, but for these hatha is more effective. But I don't know how this affects your genital area and forehead, it depends on what exactly the problems in theses areas are. What are the cause of these problems? 

Something your doc suggests could be more effevtive.

Stuff with forehead feels like some sort of ego problem or stored negative beliefs and psychological complexes. stuff in genital area feels like strange energy and disconnection.  

Thanks guys @GreenWoods  @Esoteric

I'll look into it, will try out Enios work first, see where it goes, than probably check out Leos stuff in the near future. Feels like too much money for an unemployed second-worlder at this time. Will take me like 50+ bucks to get to the book.

Btw, been doing my version of gaze-in-the-black and than get-absorbed-by-the-black type of meditation, for about an hour a day. And 20 minutes in i get something that I recently discovered were called "spontaneous kryas".

Usually in the form of pelvis counter-clockwise whole body rotations, same type of rotation pivoting from the chest, pivoting from the neck, violent back and forward rocking from the sacral chakra area, left-right whole body metronome style of rocking, surface vibrations passing in my triceps,neck and lats areas. Sometimes it gets so heavy that i feel every cell in my body is so dense and wanting to explode, ..... reminding me of a DMT buildup. Currently I just surrender and let them do their thing.

What are your thoughts on that, do you experience such things, if so, what do you do about it ?
Let it happen, suppress and focus ?

Edited by Yog

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

Ennio Nimis has a free book on Kriya which is great. In the third pdf there is a great technique that you can follow. Not complicated. Since you will have no supervision it is also good because you will start with completely natural breath. So you won't stress your nervous system by mistake, which I believe a lot of newbies do by breathing incorrectly.

http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

is it the same practice as leo recomended in his book list?

by the way thanks man!

10 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

is it the same practice as leo recomended in his book list?

by the way thanks man!

It has all the same techniques basically. Though the big Kriya book on Leo's list probably has more, but most of them you don't need, imo. Don't get fooled because it free. It is very high quality. I recommend you read all 4 parts if you are serious about this.

View it as a book that contains a variety of techniques. Try and experiment with a bunch of them for awhile and keep the ones you like and keeps you doing the practices. Don't be in a hurry. Though definitely always stimulate the root chakra first and obviously always do Kriya Pranayama. You will understand as you read the book.

Edited by Esoteric

10 hours ago, Esoteric said:

It has all the same techniques basically. Though the big Kriya book on Leo's list probably has more, but most of them you don't need, imo. Don't get fooled because it free. It is very high quality. I recommend you read all 4 parts if you are serious about this.

View it as a book that contains a variety of techniques. Try and experiment with a bunch of them for awhile and keep the ones you like and keeps you doing the practices. Don't be in a hurry. Though definitely always stimulate the root chakra first and obviously always do Kriya Pranayama. You will understand as you read the book.

first big thanks for helping me out man.

is this book written by the same authors that leo recommended in his book list?

1 hour ago, Western Buddha said:

first big thanks for helping me out man.

is this book written by the same authors that leo recommended in his book list?

Glad I can help.

No, it is a different author called Ennio Nimis. One of the authors on Leo's list recommends this author in his book and speaks highly of him and he is also friends with the other author on Leo's list. He has many many years of experience, is not dogmatic (imo), and just wants to release the knowledge he has accumilated over the years. He also answers mails if you have questions regarding your practice.

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

Glad I can help.

No, it is a different author called Ennio Nimis. One of the authors on Leo's list recommends this author in his book and speaks highly of him and he is also friends with the other author on Leo's list. He has many many years of experience, is not dogmatic (imo), and just wants to release the knowledge he has accumilated over the years. He also answers mails if you have questions regarding your practice.

i see so many people here telling that its not working so well for them and that there are very strong side effects.

what do you think?

19 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

i see so many people here telling that its not working so well for them and that there are very strong side effects.

what do you think?

This is potent energy work. It can be extremely powerful stuff. I have done Kriya well over a year now and it has been great for me. 

What I think? I think you should think for yourself. Either give it a try, commit to it wholeheartedly for a good period of time and see if it works for you. Or do something else. There are no guarantees.

It's working quite well for me too so far.

The preparatory practices prescribed helps a lot with traditional meditation too, helps silence the mind.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.