Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Does anyone else see geometric patterns in the last 5 minutes of concentration? Mine are very visual and send me into a trance where they become the centre of the meditation.

Yeah that's happened to me in that past.

Neatly starts to break down any materialist notions you thought reality had, hehe.  

A few questions came up for me these last couple of days:

Firstly, what exactly is Parvastha? I have read about it a couple of times now, but without a proper explanation. Its supposed to be the "After Kriya State" but what does that mean?

Secondly, why should you do Yoni Mudra only once a day? Is it too intense?

Thirdly, when can you move your point of concentration in Kriya Pranayama or Yoni Mudra up from Ajna to Sahasrara? Santata Gamana suggests Saharsara. But this sounds a bit dangerous for a beginner.

1 minute ago, Theta said:

Firstly, what exactly is Parvastha? I have read about it a couple of times now, but without a proper explanation. Its supposed to be the "After Kriya State" but what does that mean?

Thirdly, when can you move your point of concentration in Kriya Pranayama or Yoni Mudra up from Ajna to Sahasrara? Santata Gamana suggests Saharsara. But this sounds a bit dangerous for a beginner.

Yoni Mudra is recommended only before bed. 

27 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Yoni Mudra is recommended only before bed. 

But why?

34 minutes ago, Theta said:

Parvastha is when you reach a non-dual state (if I understood correctly). So you use Kriya to reach that state (eventually) and then you just stay there. Then continue doing it over and over again.

17 minutes ago, Theta said:

But why?

The same reason you wash your hands after wiping your ass after taking a shit... because that’s the time to do it.

Why? 

Take the practice where it’s supposed to go and only from that place can you “look back” and study the system that is Kriya Yoga in why and how it works the way it works. 

You can’t learn the full function of the rules, principles, and practice until you yourself have already mastered it. 

Why? Because that’s the way it works ;) 

Edited by kieranperez

do you guys find the KP's to flow easier over time? Like over the course of weeks/months, do you start to get an almost physical sensation of something going up the spinal column to the middle of the brain?

Paravastha, sometimes spelled Parabastha, is usually translated as After-Effect-Poise-of-Kriya.

Yogiraj (Lahiri Mahasaya) coined this term. Some Kriya literature defines it as an advanced and ultimate state. But in practice I would suggest it is simply the good and tranquil feeling you have after Kriya meditation.

Paravastha is not secret. It is not something you do; I have never seen any legitimate reference to "doing" Paravastha. Nor is it something to spend time on instead of other techniques. It is experienced as a result of Kriya practice. Lahiri did say that when it comes on, do not do Kriya - so I would say just sit and enjoy.

Here is a story of Paravastha, about Nitai Charan (1894-1979) - disciple of Panchanon Bhattacharya and guru of Maheshwari Prasad Dubey (1936-2004).

Edited by kerk

2 hours ago, Theta said:

But why?

here is a copy-paste excerpt from Ennio's book: 

"Some teachers think that one should not practice Yoni Mudra during the day. Actually, one can do it, by all means! However, after the practice of Yoni Mudra, in the deep calmness of the night, in a total and perfect relaxation, this technique is practised at its best and creates such a concentration of energy in Kutastha that it changes the quality of the ensuing sleep. After crossing the subconscious layers, the awareness may succeed in touching the so-called "super conscious" state."

On 3/25/2018 at 6:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

Spirituality is a radical thing. If you don't want to turn reality inside out, then stay away from spirituality.

!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Hey everyone, I just bought Leo's booklist, and while I'll probably eventually read both texts I see on there about Kriya yoga, which should I read first? I'm unclear on which Leo was referring to in his video - one to follow while beginning the practice.

@Leo Gura If it's better to not spoil the booklist, could you answer in a way that will make sense to me just from looking at the titles / authors?

I'm feeling a lot of sensations in my right ear. the (Visarga) - it's like a ringing, pulsating feeling> anyone identify?

Edited by Shakazulu

@Leo Gura I have 2 experiences which I wish to know whether they are particular to me or not:

1) I get massive massive amounts of pressure located on the 3rd eye. The pressure overwhelm's my consciousness.

2) My worldly affairs start to drop away - my stresses in life, my ideas, my opinions, my identity. My consciousness goes from being filled by my life to being filled by a massive black nothingness that has literally nothing in it.

3) My physical body starts to drop away - in that moment only the energy/prana of my body exists, but my physical form drops away.

Surrendering to 2) is a bit concerning because I feel like I'm going somewhere dark and that I never will come back. I'm worried that I will develop a kundalini disease, loose my spirit or personality, or some other problem by surrendering to 2. Are my fears to be taken seriously?

I have a noob question for @Leo Gura and other users who have experience.

Leo, in the blog video, says that kriya is better for advanced people in the self help field.
I'm a noob, I practice pickup (still noob) and shamanic breathing, and study marketing and a lot of basic tony robbins material.
Is kriya still ok for me? 

I've been doing kriya for a month now and I've already seen some benefits, especially becoming A LOT more authentic and expressive with people, which is by the way the reason i started it (for pickup, socializing with new friends, and becoming more energetic and clear in my mind).

I personally don't feel like quitting, my breathing and spine is benefitting too.

Should I practice kriya only when I'm advanced at self help or is it ok even now as a beginner?

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

9 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

Should I practice kriya only when I'm advanced at self help or is it ok even now as a beginner?

Is a child who became enlightened at 4 a noob? Just because they haven't practiced anything?

Advancement has nothing to do with how much  hours you've done a spiritual practice for, it has more to do with soul maturity.

There's a high chance your soul is mature enough to do Kriya, if it wasn't you would have given up already.

Kriya chooses you, not the other way around