Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2019 at 5:04 AM, luckieluuke said:

But you shouldn´t meditate with a goal, then the meditation won´t be effective.
So basically you should sit down and do nothing for no reason.

My perspective on this.
Most human activities have a goal or purpose. Even just walking with no particular destination, looking at flowers, has a purpose - it feels good.

There is nothing wrong with meditating because you expect to be benefited in some way.

Where one can get into issues is where you expect this meditation to 'work' or to have some particular experience this time and that time. You can go for long periods without any apparent result. That's part of meditation, in my experience.

The physically focused you is not entirely in control of this. You can do the best you can, but all legit Kriya sources have taught to not expect results.

Over the long term however, they teach that Kriya helps bring samadhi, peace, and supraphysical experiences like Kutastha and the others. Those are objectives to fulfill one's desire for God, higher consciousness, meeting with greater Self or what you want to call it. They called it Yoga - union or connecting. So those are results. And depending on your life path you might receive a taste of that or a whole box of it, sooner or later.

Another reason to not 'expect results' every time is that the results may well appear when you least expect it. I have had dull meditations that afterwards brought me days of happiness for no apparent reason. I have meditated while being connected to monitoring equipment under close examination by scientists, and sitting in an uncomfortable chair.

While I thought it was an unremarkable meditation session, they showed me how my vital signs went into quiescence, so low that they wondered why I wasn't in panic or danger. But I was fine. I have faced a number of stressful incidents recently but started to find that 'steel' in the spine that Stevens talks about and that helped me so much in these situations.

So I would say meditate because of your commitment, but don't hammer yourself for wanting something out of it. If you are doing the practices correctly -- especially getting your consciousness inside your spine -- you should see a benefit sometime in your life. Give it a good try before coming to conclusions.

As Lahiri Mahasaya -- the 'polestar of Kriya' put it, 'Banat banat ban jai' (Doing, doing, one day done!)

Edited by kerk

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

The second one is where you learn the actual technique and theory, the first one is basically gossip, just talks about the bad stuff from keeping kriya secretive, organization/gurus, and he rates a bunch of books. 

Has anyone doing kriya experienced exacerbation of the body in anyway? I've been feeling quite down and weak the past few days (same symptoms that i had 2 years ago), it came all of a sudden. Im wondering if changes from Kriya are forcefullly trying to change my habits, or if its just pure coincidence. 

This is not true. Second half of the book has techniques.

@Esoteric oh my bad, i just went off of the what the book cover says, but i see "special technique" written on it now. 

@kerk thank you for that

that sounds soo cool that you got tested on!

Edited by moon777light

Hey, I am at lesson 7 and I am a bit confused 

" 4. Repeat step 3 for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chakras and Medulla. Pause twice: once for chakra duration at Medulla; and then before chanting as you come back down for the 5th 4th 3rd 2nd and 1st chakras..."

Question

What is different of chanting OM at Medulla than the rest of the chakras?

What happens with the 7th chakra? Skip? 

How long should the pause be? 

As I see it so far works like this: 1,2,3,4,5 pause, medulla, pause medulla, 5,4,3,2,1. Am I right? 

Thank you!

Those Lahiri letters linked here are very inspiring. These guys are hardcore, reporting like "Yo Guruji I did 1728 pranayams in 12 hrs, blissed af" and 200 yoni mudras and 200 maha mudras - I'm often struggling with just a mala... It's hilarious. 

On 4/10/2019 at 9:00 AM, herghly said:

@Esoteric I am surprised you don't do yoni mudra. That for me is the most powerful kriya. 

What's your routine?

Sorry for late reply. I don't get notifications for some reason so I dont always keep track. But anyways.. I started doing yoni mudra but found it to break my flow. So instead of struggling with it just to do it I dropped it. I may pick it up in the future. I read in Ennio's book that he didn't do it either so I figured I shouldn't do it if it just screws up the flow of practice.

My routine is: first I shoot up rapé tobacco up both nostrils, I sit with it for maybe 45 mins being concious of the spine and spiritual eye, then I take a brisk walk, when I get home I do arousal technique to stimulate root chakra. Then supreme fire, then 108 KP's with attention on spiritual eye, then "do nothing" technique mixed with "hear, see, feel" whenever something arises.

11 hours ago, Alex bAlex said:

Hey, I am at lesson 7 and I am a bit confused 

" 4. Repeat step 3 for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chakras and Medulla. Pause twice: once for chakra duration at Medulla; and then before chanting as you come back down for the 5th 4th 3rd 2nd and 1st chakras..."

Question

What is different of chanting OM at Medulla than the rest of the chakras?

What happens with the 7th chakra? Skip? 

How long should the pause be? 

As I see it so far works like this: 1,2,3,4,5 pause, medulla, pause medulla, 5,4,3,2,1. Am I right? 

Thank you!

JCSs  explanations are a bit confusing. I found this video to be helpful. There he goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Bindu, Medulla, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, without pauses. This is the sequence you also do in Navi Kriya, which is a later variation of Om Japa.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:01 PM, llumi said:

Those Lahiri letters linked here are very inspiring. These guys are hardcore, reporting like "Yo Guruji I did 1728 pranayams in 12 hrs, blissed af" and 200 yoni mudras and 200 maha mudras - I'm often struggling with just a mala... It's hilarious. 

There are various strange and funny stories connected with the life of Lahiri Mahasaya and Panchanon Bhattacharya.

If I can recall correctly, in one story Lahiri somehow got involved in a formal debate against some famous guru.

Famous guru had fanatical followers who thought Lahiri was a nobody and hardly in a position to challenge their awesome master. Every time it was Lahiri's turn to speak, the followers would laugh and shout hysterically.

Lahiri asked them to please allow him to make his remarks. Apparently this was ineffective. They continued to heckle him.

So Lahiri asked their guru to quiet his followers. The guru asked them to please show courtesy and remain silent. This worked briefly but Lahiri only got a few words out and they started yelling again.

At this, Lahiri twisted his face into a comical expression. This same expression now appeared on the faces of all the guru's followers. With their faces frozen in this position they could not make a sound.

Lahiri made his statements which were said to be insightful and sagacious.

The guru now humbly asked Lahiri if he would be so kind as to un-mojo his guys so they could talk again. Lahiri asked that each be given some water. After they got a few drops of water each was back to normal.

Edited by kerk

Advice to everyone practicing Kriya yoga:

I've had been practicing for about 6 months and started to become frustrated for the very same reasons i've seen coming up in this threat. not being able to believe in prana, chakra's, kundalini ... and consequently not feeling anything happen.

Just when I wanted to give up, I decided to combine some guided meditations from Joe Dispenza with my kriya practice (to hopefully get the benefit from both)

Joe dispenza has some amazing meditations for learning to sense the chakra's (blessing of the energy centers 1, 2 and 3).

The combition of kriya yoga with those chakra meditations have proved to be working extremely effective for me!

finally, after 4 years of nothing but frustration by the lack of results, I start to experience some glimpses of what's possible!!

For everyone who is already familiar with Joe Dispenza. Do not underestimate his spiritual knowlegde. He downplays his knowledge to reach a wider audience but once you really dig into his work he combines various spiritual traditions into extremely powerfull practices!!

Hope this helps for those craving for a new boost in their practice.

Lots of love everyone!

And keep fucking going!  <3

16 hours ago, kerk said:

The guru now humbly asked Lahiri if he would be so kind as to un-mojo his guys so they could talk again. Lahiri asked that each be given some water. After they got a few drops of water each was back to normal.

Hahahha. Where you read these stories, same page? Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, llumi said:

Hahahha. Where you read these stories, same page? Thanks for sharing!

Oh various places. Here's a short version.

Which lesson do they teach us Magic Kriya Face? I just know I'm gonna need that someday...

Edited by kerk

At which time throughout the day do you guys do your practice?

Would it be the best to do it in the morning, everyday, at the same time, with some light exercises to wake up the body?

Or what is generally recommended by the gurus?

I struggle to find the perfect time. In the morning I'm often too tired. In the evening the food in my stomach bothers me. In the afternoon its mostly the best, but there I often don't have time. And switching around with practice times confuses my system.

@Theta doing it at the same time everytime is an absolute must. Of course you can be a little flexible but stay around the same time. Morning is the most ideal, but it depends on your activities throughout the day. I do mine at sunset because i know thats when im most likely to do it. Some times i like to sleep over the mornings so i opt for a time i know i wont miss.  And make sure its a time where you havent eaten anything for att leeasst 2 hours, ideally 3. 

In Ennio Nimmis book he says that before he starts kriya, he does a view hatha yoga asanas to stretch the back out. You can and you can't, depends on you. 

So question for you guys doing this a longer time. I just did my first set of KP1 today. And its hard. And its confusing. There are so many things to do at the same time that im half frustrated if im doing it right. Holding my eyes up to the third eye area is very straining, my eyelids start to flutter. SO i have to look straightish. And how is it possible to constantly look up while trying to visualize the prana going up and down? my eyes tend to wander. And when i visualize the prana going up, im having a hard time feeling it go through the chakras, instead i just visualize a flow going up. (oddly its much much  harder to visualize it going UP rather than down, when it goes down, its almost automatically with the flow). For some reason holding it up at the Bindu (which i use the point that JC stevens uses) is the easiest thing, i can feel lots of tingles there. Everything else im not really getting concrete stuff. I know he emphasizes in the book to have constant FAITH in yourself and the Divine and that it will eventually start to click together.

On the plus note, after i finished and did concentration, monkey mind was almost null, and got such a beautiful sense of calm wash over me. 

32 minutes ago, moon777light said:

So question for you guys doing this a longer time. I just did my first set of KP1 today. And its hard. And its confusing. There are so many things to do at the same time that im half frustrated if im doing it right. Holding my eyes up to the third eye area is very straining, my eyelids start to flutter. SO i have to look straightish. And how is it possible to constantly look up while trying to visualize the prana going up and down? my eyes tend to wander. And when i visualize the prana going up, im having a hard time feeling it go through the chakras, instead i just visualize a flow going up. (oddly its much much  harder to visualize it going UP rather than down, when it goes down, its almost automatically with the flow). For some reason holding it up at the Bindu (which i use the point that JC stevens uses) is the easiest thing, i can feel lots of tingles there. Everything else im not really getting concrete stuff. I know he emphasizes in the book to have constant FAITH in yourself and the Divine and that it will eventually start to click together.

On the plus note, after i finished and did concentration, monkey mind was almost null, and got such a beautiful sense of calm wash over me. 

Just my opinion and experience.

1. Not necessary to tilt your eyes up all the way. Sooner or later you'll feel your visual attention pulled up regardless of eye position. Do not strain. Raise eyes a little bit, be gentle with them, look with your mind to the center, relax physical eyes. Return visual attention to this place if it drops, but it is more attention than forcing your eyes.

Also note what your eyebrows are doing. If eyebrows are raised and not relaxed, you may be working your eyes and face too hard. Relax face, let eyebrows go, continue to point your mind to the upper space in your visual field. This practice (Shambhavi Mudra) should give you some good response sooner or later.

2. The visualizing is really more inner sensing and feeling. Not so much making mental images. The Knutson videos get into this point in detail. Think of sipping up a drink in a straw.

3. Stevens page 53, 92, 124 may be helpful.

Edited by kerk

@kerk thanks kerk, 

i just finished todays routine and tried just looking straight with no success. My eyelids kept fluttering like crazy. And today i saw the face of an old man. Or a demon-man dude. It was drawn in a very aztec-y way, with purple pink outlines. At first i was scared and thought what have i gotten myself into, but a part of me wasn't. Then after a while i saw more eyes, another old man, but more benevolent, then a big cat's face. My eyes kept fluttering like crazy. I don't think im doing this right. I'll continue for a trial period but if its not working i might switch to santatagamana's method. I mean maybe it worked? since i saw faces? but i dont know if thats good or bad. 

@anyone, do you guys see things while doing kriya?

Edited by moon777light

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

@kerk thanks kerk, 

i just finished todays routine and tried just looking straight with no success. My eyelids kept fluttering like crazy. And today i saw the face of an old man. Or a demon-man dude. It was drawn in a very aztec-y way, with purple pink outlines. At first i was scared and thought what have i gotten myself into, but a part of me wasn't. Then after a while i saw more eyes, another old man, but more benevolent, then a big cat's face. My eyes kept fluttering like crazy. I don't think im doing this right. I'll continue for a trial period but if its not working i might switch to santatagamana's method. I mean maybe it worked? since i saw faces? but i dont know if thats good or bad. 

@anyone, do you guys see things while doing kriya?

This is just distractions. What they call makyos in Zen. Don't get involved in them or think they are telling you something. Focus on the techniques.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late reply! I prefer to use my time to practice and read some great spiritual books and watch spiritual videos, so I only manage to post here sporadically. 

On 11/02/2019 at 2:30 AM, herghly said:

@BuddhaTree wow, you do a lot of pranayamas.I need to become more conscious of extending the duration of my kriya sessions (more prayanamas) and the quality.

Do you do all 72 pranayamas the same way?

Yes, I do all the pranayamas to the Crown, as explained in Gamana’s The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga. Essentially, as I said, I put the attention on the Crown Chakra and do Shambhavi Mudra. 

On 11/02/2019 at 2:54 AM, herghly said:

@BuddhaTreeJust read  Supreme Kriya Pranayama's section in The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga. Do you do this with eyes opened or closed?

Semi-closed/semi-opened, looking up towards the Crown. But as @Cocolove says, you won’t see anything with your physical eyes.

On 12/02/2019 at 1:14 AM, Cocolove said:

I did it for the first time today, and I agree, I love it. makes the routine longer but it's worth it. maha mudra felt way clearer and slower(breathing).

@BuddhaTree absolutely, KSR is good for techs but not much beyond.

@herghly half open, when I did it I could barely see because they were pointed up, so not much need to close them.

Yeah! I see that a lot of people here still get caught up on the maze of Kriya techniques and complexity. If all you do is follow a technique-based approach like KSR book, then you will not go far. Techniques require mental activity, while awareness is beyond the mind.

Parvastha is all about awareness! Technique-based teachings are only suitable for beginners because their minds are too dirty and require some purification first. But there’s also something to be said about too many techniques and complexity, and I honestly feel many Kriya books fall under this category.

Here’s my view on Kriya:

Pick a few techniques that work for you (Maha Mudra, Pranayama, Supreme Fire) and do them every day, twice a day. Keep reading some spiritual books, quotes, or videos to stay motivated when hard times come (and they will come). Don’t allow your practices to become a chore. If you do them mindlessly, they won’t bear fruit. Once you can achieve some degree of stillness due to the practices, add Parvastha at the end.

Start with 100% Techniques, then slowly add Parvastha (75% - 25%) and then once Parvastha gets stronger (and it will), make them 50% - 50%. This is the mixture I use at the moment, with excellent results. Last two months, no visions, no out of body experiences, but just incredible peace, ecstasy, stillness and a feeling of power, like I can do anything. This comes with me to daily life, and nowadays, if I  sit or stay silent for a while, I feel a strong ecstatic and pleasurable current in the spine (from root to crown). Then peace and bliss ensue. Then massive power and vitality.

I also do 10 minutes of some basic yogic asanas to stretch my legs and back before sitting to practice.

I can also see my ego better than before, reacting in daily situations, and every time I effortlessly witness it, I create more disassociation with it. This is one of the most significant differences I notice by adding Parvastha. With Kriya techniques only, I’d feel ecstasy and stillness during the practice and sometimes during the day, but then the ego reactions would be even stronger. As if I had more energy to unleash (often not in a good way). With Parvastha, I feel clearer, and I’m starting to see what I haven’t seen before: my ego acting throughout the day and trying to re-affirm its position, superiority, selfishness, etc.

Consequently, this increases my discrimination, and I can abide as I AM way easier during Parvastha. So, doing Parvastha increases your power of awareness during the day against ego tricks etc, which in turn helps you do Parvastha better. It’s great.

@BuddhaTree Thanks for the reply! i have yet to try that version of Pranayama. You don't feel it is too complicated? 

I do a very simple pranayama similar to what leo does

Does anyone else see geometric patterns in the last 5 minutes of concentration? Mine are very visual and send me into a trance where they become the centre of the meditation.