Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@Cocolove Sounds like you are making a lot of progress!

I've found Yoni Mudra to be the strongest Kriya. Even after doing 1 Yoni Mudra my mind is much more still

Those of you who are into Kriya practice are asking real good questions. I believe if you are a serious practitioner, you would benefit from competent personal instruction.

J.C.'s book is great, so is Nityananda Giri's book. But the detailed technique questions, in my view, should be answered by someone who knows you, initiated you and can guide you personally in Kriya.

If you are in U.S. or Mexico and would consider connection with teachers of authentic Kriya lineage, I would be happy to point you in that direction via private message.

I dont have any kriya facilities near me, but also i have seen firsthand before the biases such places can have. Want to keep it as simple as possible without being indoctrinated to deep in a certain thing, i think

what time do you guys think you should move your endpoint from the third eye to the crown chakra?

@Paan dont rush. I would say over the course of few months. From what ive read, going to the crown chakra prematurely can cause intense headaches/bodyaches and crazy kundalini awakenings that can potentionally harm you. Im not sure how long your doing this so far, but if its few months then try. 

Should I give up on Kriya?
I´ve given it a try with an open mind and a litte fairth... but not alot of faith (which might be part of the problem)
I´ve done it 6/7 days for 3 months now and got to lesson 14 (give or take a lesson or two) and unfortunately havn´t had much result :( Compared to my vipassana meditation I don´t feel that I get as "deep"

Some Kriya excercises are nice, and some I have trouble with. 4 examples of troubles:
1. I don´t feel like I should first focus on my chakras and at the end of the meditation train my focus. I prefer in vipassana that you first train your focus and THEN use it.
2. when I am stretching I want to focus on the feeling of the stretch and not a chakra AND holiding my breath AND saying a mantra like they want me to do in the exercise.
3. Just the fact that they say some people undergo surgury on  the toungue in order to reach samadhi, and not saying this is a bad idea enforces it. Which to me seems crazy.
4. There are so much to do! exercise after exerscise and I need to focus on different specific things. Which makes it easier than simply focosing on one thing, lets say the breath for all that time. Which is probably why I feel I get deeper in vipassana meditation, even thou it´s harder.

Feel like I have three choices:
1. I quit Kriya alltoghether
2. I have faith in the practice and follow it even if I don´t agree with it
3. I use what works for me and form my own path

I feel in the gut that the third option is the way to go but there is some "danger" to it, I might do something the wrong way and then not get any results...Like half doing different things and not completing any of them.

Thanks for reading all this if you did, and please give me your opinion :) 

@luckieluuke 

i am mere beginner so take my advice with caution 

I wouldnt go for option 3 because then you can either mess up the energy channels or make it alltogether less effective. Id would either stick full hard core with vipassana or continue to do kriya. Have you read Ennio Nimis's book? there are free pdf online and he explains all the troubles/errors and trouble shooting he went through with Kriya. In the book (as well as jc stevens) he says that doing Japa mantra for an hour a day completley transformed people's experiences, but that requires a LOT of open-mindnesses and faith to chant an indian mantra for a hour everyday. If its not up your alley, it might turn you off even more from Kriya.

On the other hand, the books by SantataGamana teaches a very simplified form of kriya that you might like. Listen to your intuition, gut feeling. It has all the answers your looking for. 

@luckieluuke My advice would be to move on to the Gamana books, so you only have to do a few good techniques and that's it. I thought it was overwhelming reading Stevens book aswell. 

If mahamudra is annoying to do then switch to the arousal technique Ryan Kurczak talks about. As long as stimulate muladhara. I don't even do Yoni Mudra. I do arousal technique, supreme fire, KP and then do nothing technique. That's it. It's almost been a year since I started Kriya Yoga and it's probably the best thing I've started doing. So switch it up and try another 7 months, because when shit starts to click you'll be happy you didn't quit. And if you feel the same then drop Kriya Yoga. My 2 cents.

11 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

3. Just the fact that they say some people undergo surgury on  the toungue in order to reach samadhi, and not saying this is a bad idea enforces it. Which to me seems crazy.

It is a bad idea, as explained in this video.

@Esoteric I am surprised you don't do yoni mudra. That for me is the most powerful kriya. 

What's your routine?

Been doing Kriya for 2 monhts and as I read these reports, I'm curious if I'm ever gonna have a mystical experience.

And yes, I do know that I should be patient and Kriya is not about fleeting experiences, but still.

@nistake Im a bit frustrated to. That´s the thing with this stuff its so tricky: You need a goal to motivate you to do something, in this case to meditate. But you shouldn´t meditate with a goal, then the meditation won´t be effective.
So basically you should sit down and do nothing for no reason. It´s crazy when you come from the material and logical philosophy lol
Which is why so few do it I guess.

@luckieluuke

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. At first, you have no choice but to believe it genuinely and trust that the results will come. Kriya is especially tricky because it works with prana, chakras, different kind of energies, etc.

Personally, I don't have this problem because the book is quite convincing (at least for me) and my mind is really still after every session. That's how I know it's working for me.

@moon777light @Esoteric@everyone 

So I´ve been looking into Santata Gamana and there are 5 books! Which book is best for me? I guess Im just looking for instructions to exercises. Sounds like alot of the books are generally around the practice and not the practice itself.
1st book (Kriya yoga exposed) ought to be the most basic and practical one but it sounds to me that the 2nd (The secret power of kriya yoga) is more practical and maybe better for me?

@luckieluuke The first 2 books are essential and what you need. But you should definitely check out the other ones as well. They are short reads and full of great stuff.

The second one is where you learn the actual technique and theory, the first one is basically gossip, just talks about the bad stuff from keeping kriya secretive, organization/gurus, and he rates a bunch of books. 

Has anyone doing kriya experienced exacerbation of the body in anyway? I've been feeling quite down and weak the past few days (same symptoms that i had 2 years ago), it came all of a sudden. Im wondering if changes from Kriya are forcefullly trying to change my habits, or if its just pure coincidence.