Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

The time has come to post my second report. After a year or so of kriya yoga i can honestly say that this technique has helped me a lot. I have done a practise everyday for at least 50 minutes. The biggest gains in my experience:

- hearing sounds: the last sessions i am starting to hear sounds from far away. When i close my ears i still hear them;

- seeing lights: there is a white light sometimes. Cant say it is on the inside or outside, very strang but not scary;

- a lot of energy in my spine the last few months, it is crazy;

- a lot of pressure on my forehead. At the beginning of my practise it was light but it is getting crazier now;

- the ability to shut off my thoughts for hours if I want to;

- the ability to just sit and feel a deep joy. Dont know how to call this. Maybe bliss is the best word;

- during the day a lot of random insights, which are not caused by thinking. Sometimes i just start laughing out of the blue. In my class they sometimes think i am crazy. Everybody is on there phone the entire time when there is nothing to do, but not me. I just look to the wall and sometimes just start laughing when it is silent;

- the day is a very effortless flow;

- i am starting to work slower.

Another report in 6 months.

My mid backs right side hurts from doing kriya. Its like a very tired muscle pain, ant it gets to the point where im doing my kriya that it just burns me so bad that I just stop on the last part - concentration.

Are there any exercises that can help me strenghten this section, or will it just get stronger by itself?

Mahadev

the book says to face East, i presume because its usually done during sunrise hours and you face the sun rising in East. If i do this in the afternoon, during sunset, should i face West toward the sun or still face East? 

Also, question for people doing this awhile, have you noticed if your personality has changed? I read an article on Medium about a guy's insights from meditating for 4,300 hours. He did Kriya yoga for a decade and he said that Kriya changed his personality, and that sounds scary lol. (i presume for the better???)

Edited by moon777light

@moon777light

Face east every time. Also when the moon is full try doing Kriya at night time, you will notice a difference. About the personality - nothing is permanent, everything changes.

Mahadev

@moon777light oh I definitely believe so. I find kriya emphasizes your authentic " self " you become a more wholesome individual 

Seen a red diamond while practicing ocean breath, anyone identify?

thanks @inFlow and @Shakazulu

i just did the prepatory ones (lesson 1-7 routine) second day in a row, and my third eye started buzzing/vibrating, and i saw purple-y colors swooshing around. Happened when i did Om Japa and kinda scared me. The thing that sucks is when something "esoteric" happens my mind gets really exciting and im thinking HOLY Shiit and i lose concentraiton. I need to practice ignoring all phenomenon and just focus on what im doing. I did forget to intertwine my hands and put them on my lap when that happened, not sure if its related to that

@moon777light you freak out because your mind thinks you will die, thats why you stop. You actualy can die doing Kriya.

Mahadev

Last night I did Yoni Mudra for the first time properly before going to sleep.

Just one or two minutes after laying down (on my stomach) it felt as if I would be sliding out of my body. Maybe this is what happens when you do astral projection, but I never did that.

This has happened to me a couple of times since starting, but not this strongly.

Has somebody experienced something similar?

Do you guys feel heat during maha mudra?

Sometimes I get these intense heat waves after exhaling and sometimes I just dont. 

I always feel like Im doing something wrong if I dont feel the heatwaves, so whats the deal with that?

At the moment I try to do Kriya after exercising in the morning, after about 22-24 hours of fasting (I do one meal a day at the moment). 

Do you think there might be any negative side effect in doing it directly after exercising or during a fasted state? I imagine the latter to be of poisitive impact, but I have no idea about the former. I generally feel very grounded when doing Kriya and especially afterwards.
I just think about switching it up, doing Kriya first and exercise after, only for nutritional purposes. But I'm not sure if this might be the less effective way.

Also, what's new to me since February when I restarted Kriya - I generally am not suuuper hyped about doing it, I feel resistance building up; but as soon as I do 1-2 Kriya bows, I'm like in a trance, as if the Kriya is doing itself. It's quite amazing.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@MM1988  

19 hours ago, MM1988 said:

Do you guys feel heat during maha mudra?

Sometimes I get these intense heat waves after exhaling and sometimes I just dont. 

I always feel like Im doing something wrong if I dont feel the heatwaves, so whats the deal with that?

Yes, it generates a lot of body heat for me. I wouldn't worry about not feeling it sometimes..just go with the flow.

@peanutspathtotruth it's better to do everything from gross to subtle. Exercise then kriya should be the correct way imo.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

6 hours ago, moon777light said:

Lesson 12, Japa Mantra

Has anyone found benefit to this? 

I have only been doing it for a few days, but I noticed that I get into a "spiritual mood" while repeating my mantra throughout the day, similar to the feeling after having practiced kriya yoga

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

@peanutspathtotruth it's better to do everything from gross to subtle. Exercise then kriya should be the correct way imo.

Interesting, thank you! I also feel like it's more effective this way

3 hours ago, Theta said:

I have only been doing it for a few days, but I noticed that I get into a "spiritual mood" while repeating my mantra throughout the day, similar to the feeling after having practiced kriya yoga

thanks. I read a passage in Enio Nimmis Kriya that Japa was the one thing that transformed the practice and it melts away any disturbing thoughts. I've had lots of disturbing thoughts during yoga and its honestly getting really annoying and its messing up with my focus, especially for Om Japa. 

@moon777light how many pranayamas are you doing? 

I only started to notice real results when I did more pranayamas 

@herghly the KP's? not there yet, ive been doing this 3 days in a row only. From only the prep excersices ive been getting intense tingles in the third eye area/head buzzing/weird emotions afterwards, and it kinda scares me. I don't want to rush through this. Ive heard somewhere that in actual kriya ashrams the students have to do Om Japa for 6 months before learning KP, because the processes can be that intense. I'll probably try the KP in a few weeks though, once i adjust to this.