Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, dimitri said:

Hah. I was doing Talabya Kriya with a mirror. And somehow after 10 reps or so I realized how making suction. Thanks to my Higher Guru.  ?❤️

Persistence pays off!!!! That's great.

How do you desynchronize your breath when you do Om Japa or Mental Kriya. When I chant "Om", I do the same movements with my vocal chords / throat as if I would say it out loud, but I dont actually vocalize it. Is it supposed to be different, like just mentally without any movements there? I think this is the reason I'm having a certain breathing which is sychronized to the "Oms"

17 hours ago, John West said:

How do you desynchronize your breath when you do Om Japa or Mental Kriya. When I chant "Om", I do the same movements with my vocal chords / throat as if I would say it out loud, but I dont actually vocalize it. Is it supposed to be different, like just mentally without any movements there? I think this is the reason I'm having a certain breathing which is sychronized to the "Oms"

I agree with you. I don't see the benefit of desynchonizing breath with chanting Om. I feel I get better results and stay focused with the synchronized breathing while chanting. I have practiced desynchornizing with chanting an Om on the "in" breath and another on the expiration. I think that is a good start for desynchronizing.

How many pranayamas do you do?

For the pasted 14 days i've increased the amount I do from 72 to 120 pranayamas per session and already I am noticing a difference. My body feels, better and less monkey mind

Ive been doing Kriya yoga for 1 year now. My routine is right now:

Kriya bow(will be starting supreme fire soon)

3x maha mudra

24-36 Pranayama ( Gamanas method with Om at the third eye)

5min concentration.

My question is about the pranayama, can you make it your own style? I would like to try doing the breathing without the oms and with end point at the crown. Instead of applying oms at the end point you focus on moving the energy up the spine. More like regular spinal breathing.

And my second question, can you after a year of practice move your concentraction point from the third eye to the crown? Any one who has done the shift?

Also, While doing the pranayamas do you apply the mula banda? 

2 hours ago, Paan said:

Ive been doing Kriya yoga for 1 year now. My routine is right now:

Kriya bow(will be starting supreme fire soon)

3x maha mudra

24-36 Pranayama ( Gamanas method with Om at the third eye)

5min concentration.

My question is about the pranayama, can you make it your own style? I would like to try doing the breathing without the oms and with end point at the crown. Instead of applying oms at the end point you focus on moving the energy up the spine. More like regular spinal breathing.

And my second question, can you after a year of practice move your concentraction point from the third eye to the crown? Any one who has done the shift?

Also, While doing the pranayamas do you apply the mula banda? 

I think the second book that Gammana published addresses the progressive versions of the exercises ;)

Yep, I just checked. The next level practices are in "The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga". Have you read this one?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Hey :) Where do I buy counting beads to practice the OM japa?

1 hour ago, Shakazulu said:

amazon? "prayer beads"

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

india?

@Shakazulu I think, counting beads is the least important thing in Kriya Yoga. If I may suggest, don't be afraid to try, to experiment, it usually doesn't hurt. These beads look good to me. ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Shakazulu ebony, shame on you!

why not ivory? ah ok it’s just a tree. 

i see you already wanted to start with some bad karma points so you could meditate them away.

Edited by now is forever

Question regarding khechari mudra. I'm able to reach my tongue into the pharynx, but when I keep it there for a while, I feel like having a sore throat, quite similar to when you have a cold. It's not actually in the throat, it's more towards the nose (in the nasopharynx). Does this pass away with more time and practice?

3 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@dimitri thank you @now is forever haha? What 

ebony is on the red list of disappearing plants. either you contribute to it’s disappearance or not. i‘d just buy some sandalwood beads or something else. sandalwood smells really nice and you can hang it into your cupboard against moths :)

Edited by now is forever