Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

Simple question: Gamana recommends to do the Kriya routine twice a day. Right now, not to fall back into old self-guilt habits, I started doing it once in the evening. I certainly want to go to twice a day soon (because the benefits after not even 2 weeks are amazing) but combining that with the other meditations I do, I find it a bit too time-consuming and I'm afraid there will be times I can't be consistent.

What do you guys think? I think about dropping my concentration and do-nothing practices (because after Kriya I'm in do-nothing/self inquiry for 1 hour, that would make 2 hours a day) and only concentrate on kriya. In the morning, I would continue a 30 minute love/staying in the heart meditation, it infuses my whole day with so much more presence and love.

Do you think that's "enough"? Fyi, I'm really serious about this but I also have to keep other areas of my life in check so I can't devote the whole day to it.

can someone with experience in kris yoga (more than 6 months lets say) tell me about the benefits you are getting from it? do you feel growth? are you connecting more to the devine energy?

im thinking about getting into it but wanted to hear some feedback:D

@Dima logach I've been doing it since Leo released the video about it last year. I still consider myself a beginner. However, I have had some amazing, deep experiences from the concentration that have partially transformed me and given me real long-lasting hits outside of the yoga of personal peace and contentment. Furthermore, I feel like I have cultivated a healthier connection to the divine and permanence of mystical states. It feels more comprehensive than a lot of zen buddhist stuff I have done before, but maybe I just needed a bit more cultural/semi-religious context to feel satisfied, as well as more complex body techniques.

I also love the spiritual lore that goes along with it! Om kriya babaji. Praise babaji. May he help us find the divine within. Also love the chakra/prana/karma work.

I know kriya will transform me totally if I keep it up. But I feel like I really need to find a trustworthy teacher by now, but J. C. Stevens' book kinda put me off. Any ideas on where to find a good teacher in the UK? There's an isha yoga center near me, should I just go to that and see?

Also, happy mahashivaratri everyone - anyone else staying up and upright all night? May you enjoy the vastness of nothingness, as I am on this darkest night. May shiva, the first guru, obliterate us all into the nothingness, his greatest gift.

1 hour ago, oysterman said:

@Dima logach I've been doing it since Leo released the video about it last year. I still consider myself a beginner. However, I have had some amazing, deep experiences from the concentration that have partially transformed me and given me real long-lasting hits outside of the yoga of personal peace and contentment. Furthermore, I feel like I have cultivated a healthier connection to the divine and permanence of mystical states. It feels more comprehensive than a lot of zen buddhist stuff I have done before, but maybe I just needed a bit more cultural/semi-religious context to feel satisfied, as well as more complex body techniques.

I also love the spiritual lore that goes along with it! Om kriya babaji. Praise babaji. May he help us find the divine within. Also love the chakra/prana/karma work.

I know kriya will transform me totally if I keep it up. But I feel like I really need to find a trustworthy teacher by now, but J. C. Stevens' book kinda put me off. Any ideas on where to find a good teacher in the UK? There's an isha yoga center near me, should I just go to that and see?

Also, happy mahashivaratri everyone - anyone else staying up and upright all night? May you enjoy the vastness of nothingness, as I am on this darkest night. May shiva, the first guru, obliterate us all into the nothingness, his greatest gift.

Just did a 24 hour fast, not sure if i'm going to be up that late, but hope you had a good Maha Shivararti and got some good insights!

@oysterman nice :) i participated also. Stayed awake till 5.40am :D

The sadhana pada is over now. This should be the time to reap the benefits of whatever meditation practice you did during past 6months :)

Edited by Salvijus

Guys, at Nodhi Sudhana and Ujjyia do you recomend to listen to alpha binaural Beats?

Also, when sitting, I have 3 problems...

1: I start falling alseep even when i'm not listening to binaural Beats.

2: when i'm with my legs crossed one of them always start to numb and that distracts me a lot!

3: My back also distracts me because it starts to hurt, not like a bad posture but like the muscle that has never been excerciced xd.

What would you recomend for this 3 problems and what do you think about the alpha Beats?

Thank you!!

@Cesar Alba i‘m not sure but for the numbness it‘s supposedly the blood flow or a nerve - so i‘d recommend trying to stretch in advance (poses like pigeon or others might help). for the back too it’s probably because you don’t have the right posture the spine might be crunched - either you train the back muscles a little more or maybe a cushion could help. depending on what you are doing in that position, of course then it’s difficult to position the heel close to the body.

@Cesar Alba

16 hours ago, Cesar Alba said:

Guys, at Nodhi Sudhana and Ujjyia do you recomend to listen to alpha binaural Beats?

Also, when sitting, I have 3 problems...

1: I start falling alseep even when i'm not listening to binaural Beats.

2: when i'm with my legs crossed one of them always start to numb and that distracts me a lot!

3: My back also distracts me because it starts to hurt, not like a bad posture but like the muscle that has never been excerciced xd.

What would you recomend for this 3 problems and what do you think about the alpha Beats?

Thank you!!

No, I don't recommend the binaural beats.

Use a chair if sitting crossed legged is uncomfortable or distracting.

I've been practicing Kryia daily for a couple of months now and I sometimes get into very pleasant states of consciousness (not too often, but I always lighten up like a christmas tree when it happens.. I guess I'm still hunting experiences^^)  

I wanted to share what I've noticed and I'm curious to know if someone has experienced similar things.

I've noticed a knot-like blockage around the area of my navel. sometimes I feel my breath flowing like a stream, but it usually gets blocked right there. I guess it means that I have some imbalance in my manipura chakra? could that be connected to problems with self worth?

sometimes I get the real pleasant experience of my whole body lightening up. hard to describe: like a huge force of energy, like a lightbulb that suddenly sends warmth and light through my whole body (it usually happens during maya mudra or pranayama 1/2). someone experiencing the same?

whatever arises, love that

Have only just started couple of days ago, only doing the pranayamas atm, trying to get the hang of it. Kechari and other tongue tricks is practice as well. And ooooh boy, this shit is powerful. Yesterday after doing a number of pranayamas just continued to sit, basically do nothing meditation. Could barely feel myself breathing, this huge flow of subtle and warm energy filled the whole body. One of the deepest meditative states i've ever got to! And i will stress this again, did only the second session, did not count the pranayamas as i only wanted to focus on the technique. I can only imagine what this stuff will get me to in a year. Strongest practice I've done so far, and i wasn't even so serious about it! Left me truly amazed.

Ok, so now that the author has given the first 8 excercices to start your routine, does that mean that you dont have to do savasana, ujjya and nadi sodhana anymore? Or do you have to add them to the routine? I think its abvious that these excercices are like a training for the complete 8 routine. But hey! maybe im wrong :)

Also, how many do you allready found your Ishta Devata? 

I wondered wether Kechari Mudra can be dangerous. I am not past level 1, but I havent tried pushing it with my index finger. I fear that I swallo my tongue or that the tongue blocks the breath and I die ("die" in a physical sense, not Samadhi or something like this). I havent found anything about this topic on the internet, are my concerns exaggerated?

If you're having trouble with establishing a solid meditation routine, it's most likely because your nervous system isn't calm enough to accept the fact that you're gonna sit for a prolonged period of time.

This is why making sure you focus on deep breathing and relaxing your body are essential in order to improve your level of "calm"/overall.

Also, coupling modafinil helps a lot. 

I do Talabya Kriya wrongly. I can’t make suction thing to glue tongue to the top of mouth. I have small cracks on my tongue the whole life maybe that’s why, I do not know. Any suggestions? Should I drop Kriya? :D

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

4 hours ago, dimitri said:

I do Talabya Kriya wrongly. I can’t make suction thing to glue tongue to the top of mouth. I have small cracks on my tongue the whole life maybe that’s why, I do not know. Any suggestions? Should I drop Kriya? :D

The goal is to stretch the ligament under the tongue by raising the tongue to the roof of the mouth. Stretch it by placing the tongue on the roof of the mouth without the suction.

18 hours ago, pointessa said:

The goal is to stretch the ligament under the tongue by raising the tongue to the roof of the mouth. Stretch it by placing the tongue on the roof of the mouth without the suction.

Thank you for advice.

Hah. I was doing Talabya Kriya with a mirror. And somehow after 10 reps or so I realized how making suction. Thanks to my Higher Guru.  ?❤️