Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

I was able to order the book and get it shipped to a friend. I'll give my thoughts when it arrives next week. 

On 05/02/2019 at 5:21 AM, MM1988 said:

@BuddhaTree how long did it take you to do full khechari, and have you tasted the supposed swet divine nectar from the pinneal gland?

About six months give or take. I have tasted something that has a metallic taste, but did not experience any blissful states from that. I notice that my pranayama goes much smoother though, and I can definitely feel more energy currents. 

I like Gamana's Kriya Bow. For some reason, it makes the practice enjoyable. Before adding it every session has felt like a chore, now I am happy to sit and concentrate.

On 06/02/2019 at 2:57 AM, herghly said:

@BuddhaTree Great update!

how many SG's Supreme Kriya Pranayama do you do and where did you learn Shambhavi Mudra? I don't remember seeing Shambhavi Mudra in any of the books

I've been practicing Kriya now for 10 months. A few months ago I stopped doing concentration at the end and replaced it with  Parvastha. This change has been massive, guys do not underestimate the post kriya witnessing. That's where all the gains are at

I do 72 Supreme Kriya Pranayamas. They are very potent. Shambhavi Mudra is explained in Supreme Kriya Pranayama's section in The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga. It is simple!

With my face slightly upturned, I roll my eyes upwards and focus on the Crown chakra leaving the eyes semi-opened. It's not that different from Sadhguru's Shambhavi Mudra, but instead of concentrating between the eyebrows, concentrate on the Crown chakra. After a couple of weeks, just by looking upwards and maintaining a natural focus on the crown, I instantly feel ecstatic.

I'm totally on the same boat as you concerning Parvastha!

20 hours ago, kerk said:

If you want a thorough grounding, and to understand Kriya principles deeply, I believe J.C. Stevens book is the best. It's on Amazon where it has more than 100 reviews. Me, I would never recommend Gamana to anyone. I know he has fans.

I used to praise KSR, but here's the thing about that book that bothers me:

J.C. Stevens wrote that book without an in-depth comprehension of what enlightenment is. I agree his book is good for beginners, but were someone to follow that book to the letter, they'd end up in a disoriented mess of jumbled up kriya techniques, with no real non-dual path or goal. 

KSR last technique is about stabilizing kundalini energy in the chakras. Hmm? Does he have any clue about enlightenment and non-duality? It goes so much beyond kundalini energy, chakras and techniques.

In the last lesson he says the following:

"Cogito Ergo Sum is Latin for "I think, therefore I am." When I first heard this phrase in high school, I found it perplexing. At that point in my life, I had studied yoga for many years, wherein I was taught that thoughts were merely distractions to be stilled. Further, my own experiences in meditation supported this assertion. Only after (...when I was 21) did I understand that what Descartes meant by this famous remark was that, by simply having the ability to acknowledge thought, human consciousness is proven to exist.

... Once I understood consciousness as a superior reality existing within the physical body..."

Is this his final insight that consciousness NEEDS thought to be proven to exist? What about that just by the fact that I AM aware, consciousness is proven to exist? Thought exists within consciousness, and consciousness doesn't need thought to acknowledge that it exists. This is a kindergarten insight. Many users on this forum have already had bigger realizations. And the fact that he mentions that consciousness is a superior reality existing WITHIN the physical body blows my mind. The physical body arises within consciousness! Consciousness is NOT inside the body! This is non-duality 101. He is clueless. 

If any kriyaban reads any decent nondual book, he will see the nearsightedness of KSR book.

Edited by BuddhaTree
First comment was incomplete

@BuddhaTree wow, you do a lot of pranayamas.I need to become more conscious of extending the duration of my kriya sessions (more prayanamas) and the quality.

Do you do all 72 pranayamas the same way?

@BuddhaTreeJust read  Supreme Kriya Pranayama's section in The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga. Do you do this with eyes opened or closed?

On 2/10/2019 at 5:12 PM, Girzo said:

I like Gamana's Kriya Bow. For some reason, it makes the practice enjoyable. Before adding it every session has felt like a chore, now I am happy to sit and concentrate.

I did it for the first time today, and I agree, I love it. makes the routine longer but it's worth it. maha mudra felt way clearer and slower(breathing).

@BuddhaTree absolutely, KSR is good for techs but not much beyond.

@herghly half open, when I did it I could barely see because they were pointed up, so not much need to close them.

Does anyone know if you need to do the throat restrictions while doing maha mudra? Or do you just breathe normally when you bring the energy up the spine?

Edited by onacloudynight

Is anybody able to hold baby khechari for more than 2-3 minutes? it hurts like hell in the tongue muscles

@MM1988 For me I have no problems in tongue muscle with baby kechari (after a few weeks/months of stretching exercices), but my throat (upper throat maybe, the part that relies mouth and troat basically) gets super dry and there's a quite intense unpleasant/disturbing sensation comming from that after a min or a few minutes

@pointessa can do you a full maha mudra with the leg stretched and reaching the big toe completely?

Do you know any exercises to get there faster? Right now I cant even touch my toes when im standing and feet are stretched.

18 hours ago, MM1988 said:

@pointessa can do you a full maha mudra with the leg stretched and reaching the big toe completely?

Do you know any exercises to get there faster? Right now I cant even touch my toes when im standing and feet are stretched.

I am able to touch my toes but  I do have intermittent back pain so I devised a way that always allows me to do it, even with back pain. I have a chair that I sit in and a foot stool that is a little bit lower than the chair. This allows for the legs to be a bit lower and eases the stretch. It actually strengthens the Maha Mudra because I am able to perform it meticulously, so I know it is effective. This makes it so much easier to do the bend and touch the toes. I think this would work really well for those that lack flexibility and those that may be a bit on the heavier or heftier side. If you don't have a foot stool or ottoman, you can just find something to rest your foot/feet on that is a bit lower than the chair you are using. I strongly suggest anyone having difficulty with the bending try it this way. Maha Mudra is so important that we want to do it to get the best effect.. give it a try. Let me know if you have any further questions. By the way you will slowly increase your flexibility with this modification.

You could also do Gentle Yoga to increase flexibility. You tube has a couple of good videos that will help. Check out Increasing flexibility with Yoga with Adrianne and Gently Yoga with Shelly Nicole. Try her first video. I do think my modification will help you in the meantime. Also spend some extra time just doing the same thing( working to touch your toes in the  same way) when you are not doing Maha Mudra.

Edited by pointessa

I see so many people try kriya yoga and claim it's so powerful and useful.

I know about chakras (actually they led me to start meditating) but it's been a long time that I avoid spiritual concepts like chakras and astral realms. Because I think them as just ideas and can't take them seriously.

And also I don't like chanting mantras.

I do all this because it makes me feel like getting into another ideology.I  mean my current ideologies are hard enough to deal with :P

Is there any reason to start kriya yoga instead of or with contemplation and inquiry?

What is it that it's very powerful?