Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, herghly said:

@Serotoninluv

Com[ared to psychedelics, yes.

How long have you been doing this for?  Before i had any experience with the chakras i could feel the prana going up and down strongly

I’ve been doing the preprratory breathing for about four months. I just started the chakra chanting/meditation about two weeks ago.

I may have a better understanding of prana energy during yoga asanas. During difficult postures the teacher often refers to the prana energy arising, which I take to mean the shaking kind of energy. That type of energy is obvious. 

Is the chakra prana energy similiar?

23 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is the chakra prana energy similiar?

For me it feels different. The chakras feel like subtle points the prana moves through and when moving through them I feel the prana more.

I can't explain it properly

On 1/16/2019 at 6:19 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Stevens seems to use somewhat vague and abstract instructions about how to locate them.

Is there some type of description that may be helpful? A sensation or feeling that may be revealed?

The video on Find Your Chakras Mentally is specific to Kriya Yoga and I recommend it highly.

In Kriya we are more concerned with the chakra connections in the spine - whereas it is more typical to feel your 'social' (anterior) chakras in front of the body. That's where you connect with the heart when hugging someone. You can use your imagination for the other scenarios.

But for the connections along the spine you have the perineum/coccyx area, the sexual area, the lower back, for the first three; then the heart, the back of the neck and the medulla for the second three. The last two may be easiest since those locations are physically in back of the body.

Eventually you'll get feedback during or after Kriya, or both, as to your effectiveness. It can feel tremendously good and life affirming - and that may be an understatement.

Edited by kerk

3 hours ago, kerk said:

The video on Find Your Chakras Mentally is specific to Kriya Yoga and I recommend it highly.

In Kriya we are more concerned with the chakra connections in the spine - whereas it is more typical to feel your 'social' (anterior) chakras in front of the body. That's where you connect with the heart when hugging someone. You can use your imagination for the other scenarios.

But for the connections along the spine you have the perineum/coccyx area, the sexual area, the lower back, for the first three; then the heart, the back of the neck and the medulla for the second three. The last two may be easiest since those locations are physically in back of the body.

Eventually you'll get feedback during or after Kriya, or both, as to your effectiveness. It can feel tremendously good and life affirming - and that may be an understatement.

??

@Leo Gurayou had posted your Kriya routine a few months ago

what’s your routine like now?

my goal is to be adding I not pranayamas until I get to around 48 per session

On 1/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Locating these energy points seems really abstract to me.

Just look at the picture and find those spots on your body with your fingers at first, and then visualize them in your mind's eye and feel them through your body. There will be nothing there to feel per se. You're just going to imagine it for now. Ballpark it. Don't be a perfectionist.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, Serotoninluv said:

I’ve been doing the preprratory breathing for about four months.

This is weak-sauce. Get to the fucking pranayamas and do at least 24 of them per day.

Steven's routines are far too spaced out. Do them faster. It doesn't takes 4 months to learn how to do pranayama. You can learn it in a few days.

Do not over-complicate this.

50 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gurayou had posted your Kriya routine a few months ago

what’s your routine like now?

My routine is the same as I last posted.

I do 3 sets of Mahamudra, 3 sets of pranayama (36 total pranayama), and 3 breaths of fire. This takes me about 1h 20m

Keep it this simple. Don't over-complicate things. Over time just increase the potency with which you feel and visualize the pranayamas. They are the key to this whole thing. So do them with real intent and feeling. Each breath upwards should feel like it's filling your skull with enlightenment. Suck that prana up your spine and into your skull like it's an actual fluid in your body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

3 sets of pranayama

@Leo Gura from what book are you doing pranayama, is that the specific name as they are many types

Why don't you do Yoni Mudra? I've found it to be a potent Kriya

I've been doing the main practises (mahamudra, pranayama, and breath of fire) for like 7 months now and the results have been hit and miss. I've had periods where it's felt like its really working and i've had a calm mind for days a time. Other times, I don't seem to be noticing much. Maybe because i've just gotten use to it now. But I just can't seem to get the damn spinal breathing thing correct, or atleast consistent. And there's a clear correlation between a 'good' set of pranayamas and the level of calm mind that you have during the concentration at the end. So it's really the most important aspect I find. I like the phrase that Leo used 'like it's an actual fluid in your body'. Maybe i'll keep that mind going forward.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I do 3 sets of Mahamudra, 3 sets of pranayama (36 total pranayama), and 3 breaths of fire. This takes me about 1h 20m

@Leo Gura Do you do only Kriya Pranayama 3 or do you do 12 KP 1, 12 KP2, 12 KP3 as JC recommends? 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My routine is the same as I last posted.

After you're done with your routine, do you just sit in concentration at the crown chakra? Or do you just let go and be? Like in the do nothing technique.

15 hours ago, cle103 said:

@Leo Gura Do you do only Kriya Pranayama 3 or do you do 12 KP 1, 12 KP2, 12 KP3 as JC recommends? 

All my pranayamas are the same. I visualize the prana flowing up the spine from chakra 1 to very tip top of the head, and then back down.

I forget is that's KP1, KP2, or KP3.

5 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

After you're done with your routine, do you just sit in concentration at the crown chakra? Or do you just let go and be? Like in the do nothing technique.

Ideally you'd sit and concentrate. I'm often short on time so I just get on with life. To me, the value is in the physical rewiring effects of the pranayama. If I had more time I would concentrate more. Do nothing is also viable in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All my pranayamas are the same. I visualize the prana flowing up the spine from chakra 1 to very tip top of the head, and then back down.

I forget is that's KP1, KP2, or KP3.

Got it. If you chant "Om" at each chakra (up and down the spine) that would be KP3.

@Leo GuraFrom what all the Kriya books say the main benefits is at the end spending time in the post kriya witnessing. That is the most important part, not the pranayamas 

12 hours ago, cle103 said:

Got it. If you chant "Om" at each chakra (up and down the spine) that would be KP3.

No, I don't chant Om.

1 hour ago, herghly said:

@Leo GuraFrom what all the Kriya books say the main benefits is at the end spending time in the post kriya witnessing. That is the most important part, not the pranayamas 

Meh, I spend time meditating anyways, so it's not such a big deal to me. The most important part is the pranayamas for rewiring the brain. That's my opinion.

Don't get caught up debating minutia. Get your basic practice down and the rest will be window-dressing.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, I don't chant Om.

Meh, I spend time meditating anyways, so it's not such a big deal to me. The most important part is the pranayamas for rewiring the brain. That's my opinion.

Don't get caught up debating minutia. Get your basic practice down and the rest will be window-dressing.

chanting om (internally) helps you to diminish thoughts

27 minutes ago, archi said:

chanting om (internally) helps you to diminish thoughts

Yes, it can. And by the logic you could be chanting Om all day long.

I have nothing against it. I have just customized my practice to suit my style and needs, as should you.

I am not making claims here about what is best for all, but merely what I currently practice. Kriya yoga is one of a variety of tools I use.

you do 90 minutes of kriya day AND another meditation... that is a lot 

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

https://www.gatewayworkshops.co.uk/spiritual_courses/kriya-yoga-the-lightning-path-to-self-realisation-workshop/

Shall I bother? £220 for 2 days course. 

She said on the phone I found her so I'm ready. I get what she's saying but this could also be a clever business strategy. 

I would reccomend building a very strong foundation before you do something like this.

You could always practice in Nature B|