Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Holy shit I'm NOT going to stretch my tongue into my nasal cavity. Maybe I'm not sufficiently crazy or developed yet, but this is something I won't go into for now. Referring to the "do not half-ass yoga"-video, do I shoot myself in the foot badly by skipping the development of khechari mudra? Talabya Kriya is supposedly done just to eventually achieve the khechari mudra?

Also, I'm confused about locating the chakras. I do what the book instructs, but I just find myself tensing various muscles and that's about it. I can only have an idea how "finding" a chakra is like, so I'm left with a mental image and tensed muscles. How to judge progress in this exercise?

Honestly I feel like giving up on Kriya before I even properly started it, it just seems so advanced. How am I supposed to know when I'm doing anything right, if there is no one to give me critique?

Edited by molosku

Just be patient. Everything will become crystal clear with practice. 

I hate to repost the same question but my question above did not get answered. 

What do your routines look like and how long does it take?

My current routine looks something like

Mahamudra x 3

Kriya Pranayama 1 X 12

Kriya Pranayama 2 X 12

Yoni Mudra x 3

Supreme Fire x 3

As i progress should i still keep doing Kriya pranayama or just do more of pranayama 2?

I want to share David R Hawkins' perspective on practices like yoga that "force" energy up the spine:

He says basically that it's dangerous and the better route is to raise the kundalini naturally.

Hi Kriyawomen and Kriyamen!

@herghly You could increase kp2 to x24
I have approximately the same routine, I just do a a different pranayama exercice than the one you do. You can look it up and try it if you feel inspired: https://realyoga.info/2018/08/kriya-pranayama/
I finish my routine with 15 minuites of do nothing where I just enjoy whatever effect my practise gives me :) .

And guys, I also have a question, I just did a vipassana retreat. I made a lot of progress. I attained the third jhana (dark knight) as explained in the buddha book in the meditation category of Leo book list. Since now I will stop doing vipassana meditation and only do kriya yoga, I'm wondering if I will be able to attain the fourth jhana? Does kriya yoga follows the same set of stages like other traditional insight practices or it is completely different?

Hello guys

I need help clarifying the first pranayama instructions.
In both books ( einno's and the one on the book list) the instruction state that one shuld keep his awarness/concentration on the medualla. But, to my best understanding, during the inhalation and exhalation the awarness should move along the spine. So my quastion is - does that mean I have to 'leave' my awarness of the medulla and transfer it to the spine or should I keep the awarness/foucs on the medulla as permenant and during inhale exhale also include the spine? Or else?

I understod that, the breathing should come from the abdomen, more spsificly the navel, so should I let the navel 'lead' the breath?

Btw ,just to be clear, by the terms awarness/foucs/concentration (which sometime are synonymous) it is meant to 'feel' or 'sense' the area?

Thanks in advance:)

Please, if anyone has some reply it will mean alot! 

Many thanks :)

@Pdada  Hi Pdada,

"does that mean I have to 'leave' my awarness of the medulla and transfer it to the spine or should I keep the awarness/foucs on the medulla as permenant and during inhale exhale also include the spine?

Yes that what it means. Even after 6 months of practice I'm still far to do it perfectly. Don't be in a hurry to do it perfectly. Do what you can, it will slowly come better with practice. Try to keep your body and mind relax during the process.

I understod that, the breathing should come from the abdomen, more spsificly the navel, so should I let the navel 'lead' the breath?
look on youtube: ocean breathing technique.

Btw ,just to be clear, by the terms awarness/foucs/concentration (which sometime are synonymous) it is meant to 'feel' or 'sense' the area?
Both are fine. But I feel like the more precise you are (sense), the stronger it is. 

@MrBabar Thank you, It is comforting to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with it's exexcution. I've been practicing it for about 4 months and It is not easy combaining all the different facets at the same time. I find myself going back to the books every few days, But yeah hopfully It will get better...

Thanks again

Wish you the best

Do you guys do the chakra exercises? I'm still confused whether or not i should be doing om japa

In the concentration meditation at the end where you concentrate and “look through” sahashara, it says in the book to raise your eyeballs up and then concentrate on the point between your eyebrows. I find this helps me have a spot to concentrate on because otherwise, I’m just kinda guessing for that spot. Is it normal to hold your eyes in the position?

Which forms of KP do you guys do?

There are so many to choice from

On 24/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's really easy. You just open and constrict your throat and breath in/out through the nose. You'll get the hang of it in a week or two.

Regarding this Ujjayi Pranayama, I find it really difficult to get the SHAAW and SHEEE sounds. 
Also the picture in the book shows that oxygen is going through the mouth, not through the nose?

2 hours ago, korbes said:

Regarding this Ujjayi Pranayama, I find it really difficult to get the SHAAW and SHEEE sounds. 
Also the picture in the book shows that oxygen is going through the mouth, not through the nose?

Same here man. Please let me know if you come across any really useful guides.

4 hours ago, korbes said:

Breathing is always done through the nose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Breathing is always done through the nose.

Ah okay, thanks!

I just feel it's quite hard to obtain the SHEEE sound, the exhalation, because when I contract my glottis I can't get air through, so it just has to be a narrow opening in the exhalation right? And do I exhale calmly or with some force?

Edited by korbes

@korbes It's actually really easy. Pretend like you are trying to fog up a mirror with your breath. But then close your mouth, letting the air go out through the nose.

Experiment with various degrees of constriction of the throat until you get a nice sound going and it feels solid.

Your throat needs to constrict almost as much as possible in order to slow down the air as much as possible, so you can do long slow breaths.

It's almost like sucking in air through a straw. But you are using your throat as the straw.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@korbes It's actually really easy. Pretend like you are trying to fog up a mirror with your breath. But then close your mouth, letting the air go out through the nose.

Experiment with various degrees of constriction of the throat until you get a nice sound going and it feels solid.

Your throat needs to constrict almost as much as possible in order to slow down the air as much as possible, so you can do long slow breaths.

It's almost like sucking in air through a straw. But you are using your throat as the straw.

Thanks so much Leo