Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

Maha Mudra

im at the point in the kriya book where it’s time for me to learn maha mudra but I don’t seem to be felixble enough and it’s quite difficult. Has anyone had this issue too and how did you overcome it? 

21 hours ago, Slade said:

Maha Mudra

im at the point in the kriya book where it’s time for me to learn maha mudra but I don’t seem to be felixble enough and it’s quite difficult. Has anyone had this issue too and how did you overcome it? 

@Slade Just touch the toes and bend the knees if you have to. Eventually you can do it with fully stretched legs.

Just hopped on the Kriya train a few days ago. Question:

When practicing ujjayi pranayama, I'm a bit confused. The book describes it as an inhale and an exhale trough the nose, but the picture instructs breathing trough the mouth? I searched youtube and found guides showing different variations, like in trough the nose and out trough the mouth, mouth only and nose only. What is "the correct" way to do it, without sliding into experimenting mode? Also it's hard to understand "the sound" you are supposed to make. I think I got it right with nose only, but yeah... what's the deal here?

12 hours ago, molosku said:

When practicing ujjayi pranayama, I'm a bit confused. The book describes it as an inhale and an exhale trough the nose, but the picture instructs breathing trough the mouth? I searched youtube and found guides showing different variations, like in trough the nose and out trough the mouth, mouth only and nose only. What is "the correct" way to do it, without sliding into experimenting mode? Also it's hard to understand "the sound" you are supposed to make. I think I got it right with nose only, but yeah... what's the deal here?

Personnaly, I am not opening the mouth. But everybody can have differents experiences, try and see what works the best for you. I try to follow a bit more my intuition on the details as Leo mentionned it because we are all differents beings with differents resonance. 

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Does "Kriya Supreme Fire" have other names? I just started reading the book that Leo recommends, but it's a Russian version and something might have been lost in the translation.  

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mandrake said:

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Does "Kriya Supreme Fire" have other names? I just started reading the book that Leo recommends, but it's a Russian version and something might have been lost in the translation.  

Thanks.

Nop. That's the only name I know of. It is based on similar concepts with the breath of fire, but it is not the same. It is applied to Kriya Yoga.

I guess you can always contact the author and ask him. I've talked to him and he kindly answered back.

On 30/08/2018 at 8:00 AM, molosku said:

Definitely mouth closed. It is much stronger. Regarding the sound, you can either learn it from youtube, or from someone doing it in front of you. I guess there's no other way.

@Jordan94

I guess that's fine. If you have your attention there, then if you feel sensations, why not feel them too.

13 hours ago, Mandrake said:

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Thanks.

It is one of the key techniques presented in SantataGamana's books.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I have whole this month off from work. So I will of course put every second of my free time on enlightenment work. I have already ordered a bunch of books about kriya but they have not came yet.

I need to start with kriya immediately, is there free instructions somewhere about how to perform it? So I can start before the books come.

This is a free book by Ennio Nimis with specific instructions - http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

Edited by Mandrake
Actually, this might be what you're looking for right now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCrNuuJm0E&list=PL5ht1gvdFkmQarRVuPcHXVT2DJCkMZZGx

Haven't started doing kriya yoga seriously yet so for those who have been at it for at least a few months, what results are you getting from kriya yoga?

Edited by Torch

@Mikael89 if you have the j. C Stevens book spend your first month with ujjaji pranayama, om japa on the chakras and the first kriya pranayama with some concentration exercise in the end. That should be enough for you to lay the foundations. You could be reading other books of course at the time but those techniques are easy to follow and lay some foundation in your future practise. 

@Mikael89 Me as well. I have JC Steven's book and have been building a practice around that, it would just be handy to hear why others have decided to grab from 2-3 books (I see JC Steven's directions and feel like this is enough to follow how can I decipher combining two teachings together?). 

Hey, I've been doing 60 mins of Kriya and 30 mins of meditation, is my meditation enough?

Yeah,  I agree, a quick guide would be super helpful. Stevens book is complicated as fuck. And Gamana's book in the contrary doesn't explain theory nearly enough

Edited by Hello from Russia

21 hours ago, see_on_see said:

@Leo Gura Maybe it'd be good to create a thread like "Quick intro guide to Kriya Yoga" with all the info for those who want to start. Maybe a lot more people would get into it if there was one, if it explained that starting a routine can actually be much easier than the books make it seem, if it listed all the benefits etc. For example your streamlined routine taken from Gamana's books gave me a lot more motivation when I was starting, but now that post is lost in the middle of the thread and many people aren't seeing it. Also a lot of the same intro questions are appearing over and over in this mega-thread (that's the problem with mega-threads.)

Too bad this routine goes completely against the book. It says not to do Supreme Fire as a beginner and also Yoni Mudra only once per day.

I didn't believe too until I experienced orgasmic electrical activation throughout the whole spinal cord on vipassana retreat during strong determination sitting . It was blissful as fuck. I believe I was experiencing some kind of a kundalini awakening. Energy was just flowing everywhere. There is definetely something

For the last 8 months I’ve done Krya yoga(more precisely a meditation technique called Shambhavi Mudra, using the mantra I’m not the body I’m not even the mind) After 1 month of doing it I experienced something. I lose sense of my body. I think it’s a next step for goin deeper. ?

@Mikael89 there are kriya schools that use om. Japa as their main technique for at least 6  months before progressing into more advanced techniques so I think you shouldn't rush so much.