Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2018 at 7:11 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's not dogma, it serves an important physiological function, but you can add it to your routine later on.

The most important thing is to get your basic routine into place, so you're seeing results from it and you're happy with it. Then you can add on the extravagant bells and whistles. I would spend a few months building up your basic routine (Mahamudra + Pranayama + Breath Of Fire) before investing a lot of effort into the tongue exercises. You can always add those later. Don't let anything hinder you from building your core routine. The core routine alone is very powerful and you should start to feel it working on your mind within a month or two, which should give you motivation to keep building on top of it.

What is the Breath of Fire exercise called in your secret kriya book? 

On 28.7.2018 at 7:11 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's not dogma, it serves an important physiological function, but you can add it to your routine later on.

The most important thing is to get your basic routine into place, so you're seeing results from it and you're happy with it. Then you can add on the extravagant bells and whistles. I would spend a few months building up your basic routine (Mahamudra + Pranayama + Breath Of Fire) before investing a lot of effort into the tongue exercises. You can always add those later. Don't let anything hinder you from building your core routine. The core routine alone is very powerful and you should start to feel it working on your mind within a month or two, which should give you motivation to keep building on top of it.

@Leo Gura By "Breath Of Fire" do you mean the Kundalini Yoga exercise or "Kriya Supreme Fire" or the "Fire Bow" from Santata Gamana books?

I have two questions.

1. Has anyone done the inner enginner online course from sadguru? Whats your opinion on the course?

2. What is Hatha yoga about? Im doing kriya yoga right now but I still have some questions if I should do that or something other like hatha or kundalini yoga. Maybe it doesnt matter, every path goes towards the same "goal"? Or should I try them all out and see what works best?

@Paan 1 ) Its a good course but most who attend arent seeking enlightenment. The online / lecture bit is alright  but a little basic.  The whole purpose is to learn shambavi.  Shambavi is a great practice but not the most powerful. Its a requirement for Sadhgurus higher courses. If you can find a teacher who knows Shambavi and ask them to give it to you or if not take the course.

2) Dont start another Spiritual form of yoga because it will be too much to do both everyday. In the back of KSR book there is instruction to Kriya Hatha. Try that and slowly add hatha into your kriya routine.

If you havent tried Kundalini yoga,  give it a go and make your preference your daily style.

@YogiLogan Thank you for the reply! Im also gonna order some books from Santata Gamana and read to understand more.

hey guys, question about concentration. I am still having great trouble locating bruhmadya (spelled wrongly, the third eye point). The author described to first focus on the back of your head, then from the viewpoint of the back of the head to look forward at the third eye between the brows. This is very confusing to me. He says you should get it in 3 seconds, but i spend all of my concentration trying to find this point, and my eyes feel strained from looking slightly upward. Why do i have to look back then front again? WHy cant i just focus a little above the point between my brows, on my forehead?

I don't think there is any need to be concerned with these details. For example, Santata Gamana says just to focus on the third eye. 

Can someone who does Kriya Pranayama answer me? Im confused about chanting ohm 6 times through the thirde eye while inhaling/exhaling.

1. Should you really do it 6 times for a single inhale? So that it comes out as something like ohmohmohmohmohmohm?

2. I know where the third eye is but what exactly does it mean to chant something through the 3rd eye?

1. Yes, it's 6 times for a single exhale, but the breaths are supposed to be really slow. That way you can chant 6 slow OMs quite distinctly. If you can't breathe slowly enough yet, don't try to force it, it will come with practice.

2. Probably to just chant while focusing on the third eye.

3. 108 cycles doesn't mean 108x6 Pranayamas, it just means 108 breaths.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:54 AM, Viking said:

@Leo Gura Do you experience personally semi-serious benefits already, after months of doing kriya?

Definitely

I feel like I'm on a mild psychedelic high throughout the day if I just sit still for a minute.

Kriya is like microdosing psychedelics.

It also significantly calms the monkey mind.

It only takes a month or two to start to feel that. At least for me. Your results may vary. I have done a lot of psychedelics over the last 2 years, so I am much more conscious than I would be if I was starting Kriya from zero.

On 7/29/2018 at 2:38 AM, cle103 said:

@Leo Gura By "Breath Of Fire" do you mean the Kundalini Yoga exercise or "Kriya Supreme Fire" or the "Fire Bow" from Santata Gamana books?

Don't recall exactly which book it is from. I think it's the Kriya Supreme Fire. You basically just breath in, do the 3 locks, then hold it for 90 seconds (or as long as you can).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Paan said:

Has anyone done the inner enginner online course from sadguru? Whats your opinion on the course?

It's weak sauce. A drop in the bucket compared to the power of Kriya. His online course is mostly just meant to recruit new people. It's not going to transform your life.

That's not so say it is bad. You just have to understand that the reason I chose Kriya was because it is the most potent thing I could find. It's yoga on steroids.

With the size of Sadhguru's organization, he cannot teach the most powerful techniques to noobs. He has to teach weak mainstream techniques as introduction. I'm sure he also has powerful techniques, but you won't get those without jumping through all the hoops.

The popular a spiritual teacher or teaching is, the weaker it must be. The best teachings are very niche and they are not advertised on YT to mouthbreathing noobs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So I have been following Steven's KSR. I've seen some critique of it here and there though, and some of the techniques are not that well explained IMO. What is the best book to follow in your opinion and why? 

@see_on_see Thanks. Are the books structured like KSR with step by step instructions? You do "this" for x amount of time and then move on to "that" or is it different?

Has anyone here read Beyond Shiva by Avahtara? It is SantataGamana's biggest recommendation in Kriya Yoga Exposed. He described it as "almost a guided meditation". After doing my Kriya Yoga routine, I read it and it prolonged the After-Effect-Poise of Kriya by around an hour.

12 hours ago, MM1988 said:

Can someone who does Kriya Pranayama answer me? Im confused about chanting ohm 6 times through the thirde eye while inhaling/exhaling.

1. Should you really do it 6 times for a single inhale? So that it comes out as something like ohmohmohmohmohmohm?

2. I know where the third eye is but what exactly does it mean to chant something through the 3rd eye?

1. Yea it takes practise but  you can get to a point where the breathing is relatively slow making the 6 ohms easier. In the beginning i'd say just focus on chanting the ohms as clearly as possible in the third eye area and keeping your attention there for the whole duration. Sometimes I like to just tap my finger on the third eye area and that helps to know where to chant. Also, mentally chant the ohms quite loudly. I find this helps with keeping the focus on that area. 
2. It just means chant the word in your mind but imagine it emerging from the front of the forehead between the eye brows.  Takes a little bit of practise but you'll get it in no time, it's quite easy. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I can't find any type of silent kriya yoga retreats. I am considering doing a silent vipassana retreat, but that will mean i wont be able to practice kriya for 10 days. 

Do you think it will have much of a negative effect?

I actually think it will be positive.