Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@Mart i do once a day right now but want to increase to two times a day.

my routine looks like this:

50 talabya kriya

3 sets of maha mudra

12 KP 1

12 KP 2

the KP i want to increase by one up to 24 each. After that i start with KP 3.

@N8N I have the same experice as you. I dont know if it is because you see every shadowside of yourself more now then before. And when people say yoga can be bad if you are not ready i feel scared of proceeding. How do you know if you are ready? And what should i be scared of?

@Nagma Its not Kriya but his technique seems more spiritual than most western teachers. Give it a go , it might work for you.

@Paan Kriya is gentler than say kundalini Yoga but you could have whats called a 'Kundalini Awakening' or if your not ready for it chakras opening and spiritual experiances occuring like lucid dreams, trauma arising  and vision of angels and ghosts  perhaps visions of your own death .

Watch Leo's video on the dark side of meditation, research the 3rd eye and its dangers and prepare yourself.

You are ready to proceed when you can perform the techniques effortlessly. This is about 1 month per technique in the 'book' the first 20 lessons take about 2-3 years of practice.

@YogiLogan yes ive seen the episode dark side of meditation. Ive noticed myself being more and more confused with everyday choires, like im going insane. And alot of emotions coming up

I've been doing kriya for roughly 4 months now 

heres my routine

Mah mudra x 3

KP 1 X 12

Kp 2 X 12

yoni mudra x 3

kriya supreme fire x 3

concentration

I've stopped doing om japa ,  short breath kriya , navi kriya. Basically any  exercises besides pranayama type exercises i have stopped. Am i missing out on anything? Should i add them back in?

Just now, herghly said:

@Viking whys that?

according to the yoga system to clean the energy channels, energy will move more freely. its almost always done before yoga practices ive seen, like in inner engineering

it also takes a short time

1 hour ago, herghly said:

I've been doing kriya for roughly 4 months now 

heres my routine

Mah mudra x 3

KP 1 X 12

Kp 2 X 12

yoni mudra x 3

kriya supreme fire x 3

concentration

I've stopped doing om japa ,  short breath kriya , navi kriya. Basically any  exercises besides pranayama type exercises i have stopped. Am i missing out on anything? Should i add them back in?

Increase repetitions of KP1 and KP2 to at least 24 breaths , 12 isnt really enough.

4 hours ago, herghly said:

@YogiLogan Can i also do more yoni mudra?

You can but after you max out KP1 and KP2.

@YogiLogan you seem like a pro, how am i supposed to do the practice? the way it is comfortable? for example in KP1 inhaling and exhaling for 6-8 seconds and in mahamudra to bend the knees, or to try hard and manage 10 seconds and straighten the legs with pain?

sometimes when I do KP1 and I inhale and exhale too much time I feel the lack of oxygen as a pain in the lungs.

@Viking The breath should be circular like when performing Shamanic Breathing. The breath must be really slow so perhaps do some slow , deep breathing before hand. Ujjay Pranayama and Nadi Sodana are supposed to be used to slow your breathing. You could try adding more of each.

If you exhale too much air then you know that the breath wasn't slow enough , and thus long enough.

If you cant straighten the leg during Mahamudra then do it to the point of a light stretch . You want to be able to touch the feet rather than have a straight leg.

Build up to 20 ॐ's .Start small.Your practice is going to stay relitively the same for the rest of your life, so take it easy. Make sure you master the previous lessons .

@YogiLogan

6 hours ago, YogiLogan said:

The breath should be circular like when performing Shamanic Breathing.

but in the book its written i should hold for 3 seconds after the inhale

2 hours ago, Viking said:

@YogiLogan

but in the book its written i should hold for 3 seconds after the inhale

@Viking place your awareness on anja for three seconds at the peak of the breath then the breath will still.

@YogiLogan also after the mahamudra i have to take quicker breaths because its exhausting, so the ujjayi has little effect on kp1 which cones after the mahamudra i think

also during mahamudra, i should try to reach the feet and have a straight back right? and then when i chant ohm to flex the scrotum and the belly, right? my questions is should i put pressure with that flexing on the ajna chakra? like when you press and your face starts to go red.

@Viking If you have to take quick breaths you have yet to master the preparatory Pranayama. Add more to your routine and over time you will increase your breathing capacity 

Just rest your eyes on Anja, don't strain

in almost all the books i see it written as mahmudra x 3 and yoni mudra x 3. Can i do more of these? I  enjoy both of these exercises and im cosnidering adding more

@herghly i read that advanced yogi's practice maha mudra for 90 minutes straight at times. Personally, on ocasion i do a very long kriya routine, like 6* maha mudra, 72 pranayama etc. I believe it’s wise to start doing more just one day a week and then gradually build up. 

@Mart&@herghly

NO! You must build up to it slowly. You can do more but you need to increase all the other exercises proportionally.

Its dangerous to do one exercise without the others .