Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, okulele said:

I just finnished Kriya Yoga Exposed and I see that the athhor proposes a different pranayama. This one seems more appealing to me as it is not so harsh.

What do you think about it? Will it be potent enough?

If you do enough repetitions and for long enough It will work. While the technique is important, your mindset and connection is more important. Sadhguru does 20s worth of yoga and it can all be done mentally. The technique is a vector to deliver you to yog (union ) but not the path in itself .@BuddhaTree  Do what works as long as you stick to it.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mirror of Confusion said:

What do you think about my routine? I'm just beginning.

5 min stretching

6 x Nadi Sodhana Pranayama to get into the mode

1-2 min witness

Kriya Bow (SantataGamana)

witness

20 x Talabya Kriya (Gamana)

witness

3 x Maha Mudra

witness

12 x Kriya Pranayama (Gamana)

5-10 min Being

All in all about 40 minutes.

Good - work to increase KP1. You can skip the preparatory exercises if you want to reduce time.

@YogiLogan The preparatory exercises help me to get in the "surrender mode". I don't want it to be to mechanical. Thanks for the advise though!

What's the difference between a duck?

I am thinking of starting the Kriya Bow practice. How can someone do the "oceanic breathing"?

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@Mirror of Confusion oh! Thank youuu!!! 

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

Do you find that after doing kriya your concentration/meditation you do at the end is actually deeper than if you would meditate just by itself?

I have been practicing for only about 2 weeks, but so far I have a feeling I coould reach the same states with pure meditation.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Could someone tell me how to practice the Mahamudra, because in the book: The Secret power of Kriya Yoga, the author does not mention how to. Thanks!

On 6/29/2018 at 9:17 PM, LiakosN said:

Could someone tell me how to practice the Mahamudra, because in the book: The Secret power of Kriya Yoga, the author does not mention how to. Thanks!

It's pretty easy. It's explained in the first book, Kriya Yoga Exposed by the same author. You should read it. It is also explained in Ennio's Kriya Yoga Synthesis Book and Kriya Secrets Revealed.

Guys, are any of the Kriya Yoga books from Leo's book list available for purchase in digital form? I could not find...

On 28. 6. 2018 at 3:50 PM, okulele said:

Do you find that after doing kriya your concentration/meditation you do at the end is actually deeper than if you would meditate just by itself?

I have been practicing for only about 2 weeks, but so far I have a feeling I coould reach the same states with pure meditation.

A message to myself: it is worth it. Just be patient.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I'm searching the web for further information and here we have an entire thread lol 

I'm glad Leo recommended something that has a body of information on the Forum.

@BuddhaTree I have not purchased that book, yet. Could you mention how to in a brief. 

2 hours ago, LiakosN said:

@BuddhaTree I have not purchased that book, yet. Could you mention how to in a brief. 

I got mine from Amazon. That's my go-to for books.

Regarding Mahamudra there are different ways to practice it.

You can do it like this maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7chqauQIuY

Grabbing the legs like he does but in each inhale, pull your attention up from the root chakra until the ajna chakra. Then hold the breath and mentally chant Om 6 times there. Then exhale and move your attention down back to the root chakra.

Btw, yesterday I had a crazy experience. I felt as if there was nobody in my body. As if this body weren't mine.

It happened after I finished my Kriya practice and went to sleep. It was like I was without center, without any point from which I focus on. As if I was aware that there was nobody in my body, but I wasn't "looking" at this from a specific point...

Has Ryan Kurczak on youtube been mentioned ? anyone know if hes any good, no experience in this 

Just now, Cliffardo said:

Has Ryan Kurczak on youtube been mentioned ? anyone know if hes any good, no experience in this 

He's fine. His videos are interesting but they don't go deep into Kriya Yoga or Non-Duality.

He's a bit into Vedic astrology, and that I feel no attraction for. I prefer Sadhguru and Mooji.

18 hours ago, BuddhaTree said:

Btw, yesterday I had a crazy experience. I felt as if there was nobody in my body. As if this body weren't mine.

It happened after I finished my Kriya practice and went to sleep. It was like I was without center, without any point from which I focus on. As if I was aware that there was nobody in my body, but I wasn't "looking" at this from a specific point...

Could have been in the Void. Been there a few times in Samadhi.B|

22 hours ago, Cliffardo said:

He teaches from the position of an SRF student, his videos are good for beginners and those taking the SRF path. If you read the 'book' you see that the SRF has corrupted the techniques. 

On 7/1/2018 at 5:34 AM, Naviy said:

Guys, are any of the Kriya Yoga books from Leo's book list available for purchase in digital form? I could not find...

Most are too niche, sorry