Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@herghly Not specifically but what is interesting is through some psychedelic experiences in the past my body was doing advanced yoga poses without me ever learning them, it just knew by default but i now understand that in those states you basically tap into a higher state of being(so to speak) thus you are more naturally all knowing. My body did this after a challenging experience and after the stretches and movements i was blissed out :)

B R E A T H E

It's silly to combine yoga and psychedelics at the same time. Yoga is a disciplined routine. You do it by the book. Psychedelics will only interfere with that.

And when you're on a psychedelic, you don't need yoga at that moment. You surrender to the trip and let it take you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I understand what you mean. I am going to try do kriya on the come up and then fully surrender to the trip

Maintaining a consistent routine has been a challenge for me. I took a week off due to unrelated issues  in my persoal life. And this was right before starting the lesson on Kriya Pranayama. Rather than coming back to the lesson (Kriya Pranayama) I decided to start all over with the lesson on Nadi Shodhana and have been slowly working my way back. 

Do you guys believe this a wise decision? Is it wise to pick back up where you left off if you take a hiatus from practice? What has been your experiences? 

Oddly enough I find that my concentration routine and my routine overall is a lot more effective after skipping a day. I do not want to make this a habit however and want to strive to be consistent in my practice.

Edited by abundance
wording correction

6 hours ago, abundance said:

Maintaining a consistent routine has been a challenge for me. I took a week off due to unrelated issues  in my persoal life. And this was right before starting the lesson on Kriya Pranayama. Rather than coming back to the lesson (Kriya Pranayama) I decided to start all over with the lesson on Nadi Shodhana and have been slowly working my way back. 

Do you guys believe this a wise decision? Is it wise to pick back up where you left off if you take a hiatus from practice? What has been your experiences? 

Oddly enough I find that my concentration routine and my routine overall is a lot more effective after skipping a day. I do not want to make this a habit however and want to strive to be consistent in my practice.

I think you will figure that out by asking yourself, inner guru. other's answers are as arbitrary as yours.

Edited by Viking

@abundance Stop wasting time and just get to Pranayama already.

And stop skipping days.

Don't make a simple thing complicated.

Hey guys any tips for doing mental kriya 

I can "feel " each chakra, by regardless of how long I stay in each chakra I don't feel any release 

On 5/30/2018 at 11:01 PM, Leo Gura said:

For those of you into Kriya, I would highly recommend that in addition to reading the original Kriya book I suggested, you also read the books of Santata Gamana. I now prefer his more simplified techniques. It's a much more streamlined version of Kriya which I think will be even more effective. I found too much needless complexity and variety in the other way.

Right now my technique stack is very simple:

1. Mahamudra x3
  2. Kriya Pranayama x24
  3. Kriya Supreme Fire x3
  4. One-pointed Concentration for 5 mins

Eventually, with lots of practice, you should aim for something like the following stack:

1. Mahamudra x3
  2. Kriya Pranayama x36-x72
  3. Kriya Supreme Fire for 10-20 mins
  4. One-pointed Concentration for 10-20 mins
  5. (Bonus: Yoni Mudra x3)
  6. (Bonus: Kechari mudra)

EDIT: ideally, do this stack twice per day. But if you don't have that much time, at least once per day.

Don't attempt to do this second stack right off the bat. It will not be sustainable. You need to gradually build up to it, like with heavy weightlifting.

I think the original book I recommended is still very good as an introduction and foundation because Gamana's books are so short and thin that they do not provide enough information about Kriya to a total newbie. They are aimed at people who have already been initiated in one school or another.

If you are strictly following the original book, that is okay. You can keep doing that if you want. Or you could switch to this more streamlined version like I decided to do. I don't like learning too many complicated techniques. But that's just me. Both ways should work in the end. It's mostly a matter of style. Although I actually think the streamlined version will end up to be more effective because it concentrates your limited time on the most powerful techniques, and less time is wasted on learning new complex techniques.

Thanks for this. Doing the first stack twice a day with 1 Yoni mudra, but on the concentration phase, I do it for 20min and on "Being" instead of the Ajna Chakra.

Already read Kriya Yoga Exposed by Santata Gamana. It's pretty awesome. 

Now will read the other 3 books, and looking forward to read the Yoga of Consciousness book since it was the topic you mentioned on your latest video (that I loved).

Hey All,

I started my Kriya habit and haven't missed a day. It's been a few weeks now and I'm still stuck on the concentration part. I haven't seen any kind of lights or heard the OM sound that the author was talking about. I've gone back and re-read the text, so I think I'm doing it right, but I haven't any breakthroughs yet.

Has anyone been experiencing this? Is there a certain cue about this technique that'll help my progress or do I just need to be patient?

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

@ULFBERHT A few weeks is nothin'. Keep at it. Don't expect fireworks.

Will do. Thanks @Leo Gura

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

@ULFBERHT i also didnt have anything too spectacular during the concentration and ive been doing it for 2 months.

I really hate to re ask but can anyone help  with the question I asked above 

Is the only different between kriya pranayama 3 and 2 that for 3 the end point is Bregma ?

What should I expect happen when doing kriya(even regular meditation). Is it some kind of release, bliss, revealing insight or scarsity?

Now im expecting to get scared, that i will come to a point and get really scared before I get anything else.

I know you should not expect anything to happen. But im just curious to why you cant do to much advanced kriya, for the reason of reavealing to much and that will scare one off if not handled correctly?

52 minutes ago, Paan said:

What should I expect happen when doing kriya(even regular meditation). Is it some kind of release, bliss, revealing insight or scarsity?

Now im expecting to get scared, that i will come to a point and get really scared before I get anything else.

I know you should not expect anything to happen. But im just curious to why you cant do to much advanced kriya, for the reason of reavealing to much and that will scare one off if not handled correctly?

lmao im starting to get a little depressed because im starting slowly to become conscious of the meaninglessness of life. the fact that the present moment is all there is, is a bit scary and alienating. Im not sure whether i'd attribute it 100% to the kriya, but it feels like to me, like im experiencing consciousness changes.

If you would want to really advance i guess you would have to go through some form of it anyway at some point, there is nothing to fear though, after that hump everything will be much better.

8 minutes ago, Viking said:

But im just curious to why you cant do to much advanced kriya

Your dealing with the subtle energies of the body,brain and nervous system. It's a scientific method of controlling the life force in the body by conscious will,primarily in the spinal cord. This life force,kundalini energy,can have ill effects on the mind and body if not well regulated.

It can be compared to an electric current going into a light bulb. The higher the voltage,the more current running into the light bulb. If too much voltage is sent to the light bulb,it will damage the light bulb. Regulate the current by slowly and gradually increasing the voltage,and the bulb will get brighter and brighter, without taking damage.

Make sense?

14 minutes ago, who chit said:

Your dealing with the subtle energies of the body,brain and nervous system. It's a scientific method of controlling the life force in the body by conscious will,primarily in the spinal cord. This life force,kundalini energy,can have ill effects on the mind and body if not well regulated.

It can be compared to an electric current going into a light bulb. The higher the voltage,the more current running into the light bulb. If too much voltage is sent to the light bulb,it will damage the light bulb. Regulate the current by slowly and gradually increasing the voltage,and the bulb will get brighter and brighter, without taking damage.

Make sense?

do you mean i can consciously overheat my lightbulb? 

so far that energy isnt much under my control really, for example i went for a nap yesterday at around 1pm and i had pretty intense energy rushes all over my body, for a few seconds, without my control. the palm of my hand moved 2 times without my control for a split second too.

I feel like i can also consciously control that energy right now, like move it around in my body, without breath control. though there is energy im not in control of, a lot of times (most of the time) i have energy in the back of the head, and it makes me feel very tired, i can consciously move it to my heart for example, but it returns to the head, or there is some residue in the head.

what do you mean by regulate it? what am i supposed to do with it? im mostly unaware of it.

@Viking Apologies,I meant to respond to Paan,as he hasn't started the Kriya yet and was asking about doing advanced Kriya.

How much have you been doing? The regulation I'm referring to,is how much practice is being taken on. One of the tell,tell signs of energetic overload is fatigue,head pressure,and the intense rushes you just described. Also mood changes,nausea,tingling in the bindu and crown area.

25 minutes ago, who chit said:

@Viking Apologies,I meant to respond to Paan,as he hasn't started the Kriya yet and was asking about doing advanced Kriya.

How much have you been doing? The regulation I'm referring to,is how much practice is being taken on. One of the tell,tell signs of energetic overload is fatigue,head pressure,and the intense rushes you just described. Also mood changes,nausea,tingling in the bindu and crown area.

yeah, mood changes and tingling are a thing, what am i supposed to do?

i just do yoga once a day, maybe meditate

Edited by Viking