Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@Viking @phoenix666 Thanks guys. Ok, reassuring that you're feeling something there. I've been doing the same for a few weeks now and not feeling anything. Also, no sign of kutastha yet. I'll keep at it!

@Stretch I also have no sign of kutastha, i dont think it comes until much later.

im not the only one struggling a lot with the breathing right? in the pranayama i can only do 8 seconds of inbreath, if i do more i have to take extra breaths. also my concentration, even if its only 5 min i often get very lost in thought there.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

@Stretch I also have no sign of kutastha, i dont think it comes until much later.

im not the only one struggling a lot with the breathing right? in the pranayama i can only do 8 seconds of inbreath, if i do more i have to take extra breaths. also my concentration, even if its only 5 min i often get very lost in thought there.

It's fine, it will get better the more you train. You should aim at consistent 10 seconds ;) 

Keep the practice steady. Doing it first thing in the morning can help because you don't have a lot of thoughts aka nothing to process.

i had 2 strange experiences so far

one is when i had weird energy in the head during the concentration period, i had sexual energy all over my body. i also often have an erection in the concentration period lmao.

in the second weird experience i felt my forehead filled with pressure/energy like if you pull your eyes too high up and you feel a strain, i felt it without straining all over the region. i also felt a sensation that felt like iron stillness, but only for a few seconds. i felt like i was going crosseyed.

@Viking @Stretch

I'm far from feeling what the author describes xD but sometimes there is something... usually like a spot where some energy is concentrating and finally released. hard to describe. 

sometimes a blueish light appears at Bhrumadhya. 

I also struggle with the breath, specially during maha mudra:S but I feel some improvement from the beginning at least. 

whenever I feel frustrated the book 'Mastery' by Robert Greene comes to my mind. that mindset can help through doubts and plateaus. :) 

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

Today is my first time doing Kriya and it was really good i felt quite motivated afterwards :) But the Bhrumadhya has me a bit confused, he says to focus on the back of your head, then look between your brows, are we supposed to look in between our brows from the perspective of behind our head? Kinda confusing but i felt a weird tingling sensation, sort of like energy, but not in between my brows, a little bit deeper in the brain. I hope im doing it right

3 hours ago, moon777light said:

Today is my first time doing Kriya and it was really good i felt quite motivated afterwards :) But the Bhrumadhya has me a bit confused, he says to focus on the back of your head, then look between your brows, are we supposed to look in between our brows from the perspective of behind our head? Kinda confusing but i felt a weird tingling sensation, sort of like energy, but not in between my brows, a little bit deeper in the brain. I hope im doing it right

Just keep your eyes pointed towards the spot between the eyebrows but kind of pretend like you are watching that spot from the back of the head, for me it kind of feels like visualizing it but without visuals. The point deeper in the head, in between Brumadhya and Medulla, is the actual chackra Ajna, so what you are feeling is probably right. 

@Leo Gura @phoenix666After getting frustrated with this book I ordered "Yoga and Kriya, A Systematic Course" by Swami Saraswati. It's way better and you start with fundamentals. It also has set daily practices and is way more comprehensive. Kriya Secrets Revealed has way too many holes and lack of detailed explanations. 

What are the advantages of this type of yoga, over other versions?

What advantages Kriya Yoga has?,  compared to inner engineering ?

Edited by John Iverson

Im Reading alot about the dangers of this practise. Ive been on the daily Kriya practise for 2 months and I feel alot of emotions are coming up, as it should? Or maybe im just doing it wrong and it will damage me eventually? What your opinion?

10 hours ago, Paan said:

Im Reading alot about the dangers of this practise. Ive been on the daily Kriya practise for 2 months and I feel alot of emotions are coming up, as it should? Or maybe im just doing it wrong and it will damage me eventually? What your opinion?

isn't that the purpose? to slowly get access to our unconscious. a lot of stuff is surfacing for me too. it can be hard to face all that suppressed stuff, yeah, I feel you <3 but isn't that what makes us grow?

whatever arises, love that

10 hours ago, Paan said:

If I'm in your shoes, this is how I understand that.. yes! Emotions are coming out, that emotion you must face it.. let them out.. to be conscious.. all your neurosis or being not authentic or all your problem come from unknown, coming out of emotions that is the time the unknown comes out of you and become known to you,,, so all you gonna do is be mature enough to face it and you will grow from there :D... you are lucky that you have Kriya Yoga.. me.. I cannot afford that yet.. the only thing I bought is Inner Engineering Of Sadhguru, I am waiting to be delivered here in the Philippines so i will practice that haha

@phoenix666 @John Iverson Thank you for your kind answers. Yes and the emotions comes pretty rapid actually. Things that I thought I’ve conquered like social anxiety comes back. It’s like “ no you haven’t conquered it, you’ve just suppressed it and forgot all about it” . And now it arises like never before. But this time you have the opportunity to really face it and disolve any issues.

14 minutes ago, Paan said:

. And now it arises like never before. But this time you have the opportunity to really face it and disolve any issues.

Yes! Exactly my point! :D

I feel like the slow breath does something to my body, i sometimes shake because i lack breath i think, or its because of energies. I have strange feelings in my head, almost like headaches but not really, theyre not that uncomfortable, theyre there most of my day.

whats the difference from the fourth editon, the fifth edition and the one that says complete lessons on the cover? and which one you have?

On 5/13/2018 at 2:08 AM, giglio said:

@Leo Gura @phoenix666After getting frustrated with this book I ordered "Yoga and Kriya, A Systematic Course" by Swami Saraswati. It's way better and you start with fundamentals. It also has set daily practices and is way more comprehensive. Kriya Secrets Revealed has way too many holes and lack of detailed explanations. 

I agree. Kriya Secrets Revealed definitely lacks detailed explanations, hence why there are a lot of questions coming to this forum.

That book you mentioned actually looks promising, it seems to take more of an integral approach. I am going to have to try it out myself and judge.

I think it might be healthy to explore your options before settling on one school of yoga and pick one that resonates with you. I believe I am done with Kriya Secrets Revealed for now.

Edited by onacloudynight