Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@Viking If you're able to sometimes focus on your medulla right now, I think with practice you'll get better and will be able to channel it more often. I guess the best thing to do right now is be patient and just try your best to feel out whatever the book tells you to. Hopefully we're able to feel out the subtleness in the chakras and medulla n stuff like that with practice over time. 

can some explain to me please how to breathe in ujjayi pranayama? i think the author is wrong, because he says when I breathe from the diaphram my chest should expand, but the point of diaphram breathing is that the chest doesnt expand. should i force my chest somehow to expand?

On 3/31/2018 at 0:18 PM, onacloudynight said:

Here's how to do it:

Eyes pointed to Bhrumadhya

Focus on each Chakra for 2 seconds while chanting OM, starting with muladhara, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Chakra. Once you get to Medulla though, you chant OM, but you extend the duration, so instead of focusing on it for 2 seconds, stay on it for 5 seconds, then pause for like 5 seconds. Then come back down and focus and chant OM for the remaining 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st chakras, making sure to focus on each one for just 2 seconds. 

That completes one round.

@onacloudynight How did you come up with that- is that the technique described in an older version of the book?

I'm also a bit confused by "Pause twice: Once for chakra duration at Medulla; and then before chanting as you come back down". 

What is the exact technique for the transition from 5th chakra to Medulla then back to 5th and down? @Leo Gura ?

45 minutes ago, lobster said:

@onacloudynight How did you come up with that- is that the technique described in an older version of the book?

I'm also a bit confused by "Pause twice: Once for chakra duration at Medulla; and then before chanting as you come back down". 

What is the exact technique for the transition from 5th chakra to Medulla then back to 5th and down? @Leo Gura ?

That was the most confusing wording that I've encountered so far in the book, and I still don't know what he meant. I just do two "Oms" in a row at medulla, before going back down the chakras. 

54 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

54 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

That was the most confusing wording that I've encountered so far in the book, and I still don't know what he meant. I just do two "Oms" in a row at medulla, before going back down the chakras. 

the instructions confuse me as well. they're not as clear as they could be. I wonder why he wrote some of it so wishy washy. 

when I encounter confusion in my Kriya practice I usually just do it and trust in what he says about that inner guide that is supposed to slowly appear. I'm far from feeling that inner guide.. but sometimes, when I surrender to all that confusion and just do it, I feel my body and mind relaxing and sinking into the practice. then it feels like the practice is happening on its own

whatever arises, love that

2 hours ago, lobster said:

It was just the only thing that made sense to me after considering the other possibilities.

When he says pause for chakra duration at Medulla, I assume he means just to focus and pause at the medulla for more than 2 seconds, thus extending the duration. Then you pause again, after you are done focusing on the medulla, sit in the stillness for a couple seconds then come back down through the chakras.

Just wait until you get later in the book. There are some more things that aren't quite as clear.

Edited by onacloudynight

8 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

the instructions confuse me as well. they're not as clear as they could be. I wonder why he wrote some of it so wishy washy. 

when I encounter confusion in my Kriya practice I usually just do it and trust in what he says about that inner guide that is supposed to slowly appear. I'm far from feeling that inner guide.. but sometimes, when I surrender to all that confusion and just do it, I feel my body and mind relaxing and sinking into the practice. then it feels like the practice is happening on its own

I totally agree with the 'trusting the inner guide'... So far, what seems 'right' to me is 5th chakra, 2-second pause, medulla, 2-second pause, 5th chakra, then back down.

Also, are you guys repeating muladhara when you reach it at the end of a round before starting a new round?

@onacloudynight @PsiloPutty  

5 minutes ago, lobster said:

I totally agree with the 'trusting the inner guide'... So far, what seems 'right' to me is 5th chakra, 2-second pause, medulla, 2-second pause, 5th chakra, then back down.

Also, are you guys repeating muladhara when you reach it at the end of a round before starting a new round?

@onacloudynight @PsiloPutty  

Yes.

@lobster I do 1st chakra, 2-5 th chakra, medulla, pause (try to re-focus on medulla whilst looking at Bhrumadhya),  medulla, 5 - 1st chakra, pause. then I start with 1st chakra again. so I repeat muladhara too :)

I use the short break to re-focus on medulla and Bhrumadhya

On 4/18/2018 at 2:52 AM, Viking said:

can some explain to me please how to breathe in ujjayi pranayama? i think the author is wrong, because he says when I breathe from the diaphram my chest should expand, but the point of diaphram breathing is that the chest doesnt expand. should i force my chest somehow to expand?

What made it click for me was that it's "like a yawn, only you breathe through the nose". Rather than having perfect form, I'd just start by doing it as best as you can. 20% of the effort yields 80% of the results. Fantastic way to breathe mindfully. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

4 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

like a yawn, only you breathe through the nose

ooooh, holy shit, i never did something like that

8 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

@lobster I do 1st chakra, 2-5 th chakra, medulla, pause (try to re-focus on medulla whilst looking at Bhrumadhya),  medulla, 5 - 1st chakra, pause. then I start with 1st chakra again. so I repeat muladhara too :)

I use the short break to re-focus on medulla and Bhrumadhya

Yeah, that's how I do it, too. It keeps the count the same for all chakras. 

@lobster   Yep, I repeat Oms for both the 1st and 6th chakras. I do two in a row at those chakras in order to keep the number of Oms the same for each level. If you didn't do two in a row at 1st and 6th, those two would have fewer Oms than the rest. That said, I have the feeling that this is one of those things that we shouldn't obsess about. In the grand scheme of life, aren't we all missing an Om or two?   :D

@PsiloPutty repeating the 1st and 6th seems quite logic, yeah xD I think I've already missed the one or other Om in my young life, yes hahah xD let's make up for missed omsB|

The concentration part..back to front image vs sencing... some one realy got hold of that one? 

So i've been practicing Kriya for about a month now and i've been practicing the first real pranayama for a week. Also i have been doing semen retention. Usually i would have a noctural emission at least every 14 days, but since is started Kriya i haven't had one. Many times i have read that the energy (or semen)  i'm keeping in stagnates at some point and has to release. Is there anyone that could share their knowledge about this ?

I definitely believe the practice is working already. I used to have this raging horny-like sensation in the lower part of my body while practicing semen retention, right now it feels more balanced out and my state of consciousness is just different than before, in a positive way although it's like waking up to both sides of the coin. My motivations are shifting too. I had this massive drive for doing everything for my education with excellence, but right now that drive has dissipated a bit and i value time to introspect a lot more, very interesting. It would be nice to hear other people's experiences, especially the ones who are into the first real pranayama, because that stuff seems to have some intense effects. 

@Mart what lesson are you talking about when you say "first real pranayama"?

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Mart what lesson are you talking about when you say "first real pranayama"?

I think it’s lesson 8. The first one that haa you visualize energy going up and down the spine. 

I had an interesting Kriya coincidence this evening.

Since I watched Leo's video, I was impressed by how earnestly he advocated a Kriya practice in combination with everything else that we're doing here, so I started entertaining the idea of getting the book. I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon and it seemed like  it would be worth my time, but a month has since passed and I've delayed getting the book for one reason or another.

I was scrolling through my local craiglist this evening looking for cheap building materials for a landscaping project I'm planning when I got a wild hare up my ass to check the book section on the off-chance someone had put up a listing for it. Funnily enough, someone did. About two weeks ago, and the ad is still up. This just seemed like too weird a coincidence to pass up, so I e-mailed the OP about it and am waiting to hear back from them. I never actually expected to see such an arcane book on such an esoteric subject actually for sale in my area lol.

I know it's not THAT big a coincidence, but it makes my life more entertaining to believe that there's some spooky, spiritual, space-magic at play here, so I'm gonna go ahead and go with that. ;)

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

15 hours ago, ULFBERHT said:

I had an interesting Kriya coincidence this evening.

Since I watched Leo's video, I was impressed by how earnestly he advocated a Kriya practice in combination with everything else that we're doing here, so I started entertaining the idea of getting the book. I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon and it seemed like  it would be worth my time, but a month has since passed and I've delayed getting the book for one reason or another.

I was scrolling through my local craiglist this evening looking for cheap building materials for a landscaping project I'm planning when I got a wild hare up my ass to check the book section on the off-chance someone had put up a listing for it. Funnily enough, someone did. About two weeks ago, and the ad is still up. This just seemed like too weird a coincidence to pass up, so I e-mailed the OP about it and am waiting to hear back from them. I never actually expected to see such an arcane book on such an esoteric subject actually for sale in my area lol.

I know it's not THAT big a coincidence, but it makes my life more entertaining to believe that there's some spooky, spiritual, space-magic at play here, so I'm gonna go ahead and go with that. ;)

lmao the universe calls