Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

People seem to be getting into Kriya Yoga after my video, and lots of questions are coming up, so I thought it would be best to accumulate them all in one place.

Post all your Kriya Yoga questions and tips here.

Over time this should become a valuable resource for people. Similar to our monstrously large 5-MeO-DMT Mega-Thread.

Feel free to share your advice, tricks, and progress reports. If we have a lot people doing Kriya, it would be cool to see how many people start experiencing gains and mystical experiences, and how quickly. It would be awesome if we had like 100 people post a progress report after 3, 6, and 12 months of practice. In the name of pseudo-science ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

If anyone has a good EEG band, they can check what the brain activity is at 3, 6 and 12 months of practice.

I have an EEG machine, but it's too complicated to measure things like this. The variables are enormous.

Measuring the effects of yoga subjectively is actually far more accurate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How do you guys keep track of how many times you've completed an exercise , are you using beads or something else ? 

I have just been using my hands. I start with both my hands in a fix and every a completion of 1 round I will extend one finger out

I recommend  Jan Esmann's guided meditations. I've had some good experiences with them :)

Would reading Sadhguru’s Inner Engineering be an appropriate supplement to the Kriya book? 

Here’s a testimonial not for kriya but for some grounding yoga exercises.

I have been going through kundalini awakening for close to 3 years now. I did not know this but with the awakening I became extremely ungrounded. Symptoms were daydreaming, lack of focus and inability to concentrate on things like lectures in my uni etc.

After I started doing some yoga grounding exercises, I immediately experienced an enormous shift. Now I can concentrate so much more. I have much easier time communicating and focusing on studying. Also my kundalini sensation changed, it is much more visceral and raw at times.

I hope it’s ok that I shared something outside of kriya.

As far as kriya goes, my experience with it always was more havoc caused in the nervous system as the kundalini flow increased to very uncomfortable levels.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Doing this practice really aggravates my kundalini symptoms, like when I am doing the techniques sometimes by body will swing around on its own and do all these mudras. It definitely distracts me from executing Kriya properly.  Feels like my body is worshiping the universe lol. Is this what they mean by the inner guru? Should I try to stop this stuff from happening and just carry on with the techniques or?

Also when doing mental kriya, it says to focus on Bindu. Are they referring to a specific point or Bindu? Or can I just pick any of the 5 Bindus they listed in the book.

41 minutes ago, onacloudynight said:

Also when doing mental kriya, it says to focus on Bindu. Are they referring to a specific point or Bindu? Or can I just pick any of the 5 Bindus they listed in the book.

I remember reading at some point that he will begin to refer to medulla as bindu and when he means another bindu he will specifically refer to it such as bindu visarga etc.

1 hour ago, onacloudynight said:

Medulla is for a slower pace and visagra is used when you want faster progress.

I have no idea about bregma but brumadhya is used for temporary energies as far as I understand.

pretty cool. we're literally the pioneers of this new world

#christophercolumbus

ok fine not the OG pioneers 

Edited by d0ornokey

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Feel free to share your advice, tricks, and progress reports. If we have a lot people doing Kriya, it would be cool to see how many people start experiencing gains and mystical experiences, and how quickly. It would be awesome if we had like 100 people post a progress report after 3, 6, and 12 months of practice. In the name of pseudo-science ;)

Will you post a progress report as well?

once i get the book (which will be around may) i will definitely post 3/6/12 month progress reports :D 

10 hours ago, herghly said:

How do you guys keep track of how many times you've completed an exercise , are you using beads or something else ? 

I have just been using my hands. I start with both my hands in a fix and every a completion of 1 round I will extend one finger out

I just use the joints of my fingers. I put my thumb and pointer finger together to count for 1. Then for 2 I move my thumb down to the first joint of my finger etc. I just use all 4 fingers, which lets you count up to 12.

Do you guys think taking a couple days off will effect the kriya yoga practice much ? 

Im looking at doing another vipassana retreat later this year and during that time I wouldn't be able to practice 

30 minutes ago, herghly said:

Do you guys think taking a couple days off will effect the kriya yoga practice much ? 

Im looking at doing another vipassana retreat later this year and during that time I wouldn't be able to practice 

Why won't you be able to practice? I believe you can do the techniques silently.

7 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

pretty cool. we're literally the pioneers of this new world

#christophercolumbus

ok fine not the OG pioneers 

It's pretty cool Hamm... This hole thing is starting to feel solid and real ! 

Practicing for two weeks now.

Asana

Wow my back is weak. Getting stronger quickly though. I find doing some stretches prior helps alot. I hold most of my stretches for 30 seconds. Swaying like a skyscraper. It is distracting. Should go away.

I am trying to follow the book as much as possible. In the book it states "The hands should sit gently on the lap with fingers INTERTWINED, which creates a neutralization of the current". I know it says should, but it seems pretty important. Everywhere I search on the internet, noone is doing this. Only figure 3 shows this :) .They typically have their hands on their knees. Leo, if you can help with this one please do.

Nadi Sodhana Pranayama

I found elsewhere today to count the joints on your hand. 12 per. Right now I am just breathing until it feels good enough which is terrible. Going to test. Should do the trick, I just want to keep distractions to a minimum and keep my focus on the important things, rather than having to count.

Blow your nose prior to breathing. Clear your throat.

Ujjayi Pranayama

This is not easy for me. The research I found today made sense though. Get good at Nadi Sodhana. then move on to this.

It's a habit. One step at a time.

16 hours ago, Raldemar said:

What do you think about the rest of the techniques that Jan recommends?

My favorite so far is the 50 min Kundalini practise. I will do more of his Chakra Kriya