Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

For the additional practices from J.C Stevens like Chakra tuning? ( Lesson 18) 

what is your stack? What other techniques do you add? 

I just completed lesson 19 (Mula Bandha)

does anyone have tips or any advice on the lessons 19 & beyond? 

@Ayham Im not an expert just an opinionated guy trying to figure this stuff out.

The goal of kriya is to make you feel blissful and calm your mind. Think of it like the techniques are how to throw a basketball, and the bliss and calmness are like hitting the hoop. You only know if you are doing the techniques well if it makes you hit the goal. Kriya teachers are very unpedagogical in my opinion. Most kriya yogies are practising how to throw the basketball without any consideration for if it hits the hoop. 

How strong you are able to generate these feelings is like building a muscle. It might be medium strength at first, but as you open doors in your psyche and build the "muscle" you can eventually get to a place there it's like an orgasm. But if you feel close to nothing at first you are not doing it right.

With regard to visualization: You should read Ennio Nimis' book on kriya to understand the subtleties of pulling energy. The goal is to generate a feeling of energy going up and down your body. With practice, you can feel the proper channel in your spine but this is not necessary for beginners. Visualization is just a means to generate feeling. You don't even need to visualize as long as you hit the hoop, which is to generate energy feeling. 

You don't have to upgrade your routine. It's not like you are gonna get all your results in the last 5 min of a 1h routine. All talk of you have to do this or that is dogma. If it works, it works.

Mahamudra feels incredible to me. It's very grounding as I hit the rook chakra very hard as the energy descends down the spine.

Santata Gamana got his pranayama from modifying the technique of a guy called Sri Rangin Mukherjee. His technique is to create bliss in the chakras by chanting om in them but instead of doing it in the body he does it in the middle of the head(agna chakra). Create a sense of radiation love in your chest. Notice how the same energetic feeling is also felt in your head. Now focus on the feeling in your head instead of your chest. With practice, you won't have to feel the chakra in the body at all, you just have to bring up a mental memory of it. When I do this it's so intense that I start shaking and twisting my body. I'm not good at handling pleasure.

Sri Mukherjee does 6 oms per in- and out-breath going up and down the first 6 chakras(again, all in the head, there is no actual vertical movement). 

The technique requires you to be familiar with the chakras beforehand.

Personally, I do one breath per chakra because I can't breathe slowly enough without rushing the technique.

Sri Mukherjee's writings on his techniques are really bad, I don't recommend his books. It was hard for me to parse out his techniques.

I would recommend practicing energy work fundamentals before getting into kriya. Tara Springett's teachings are good, especially her book 'Enlightenment through the path of Kundalini'. Try the technique I posted above in my other post. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Kriya Yoga? are you sure? You know who waits in the end? Babaji. 2,200 year old vampire. The Nameless One. And even he - didn't understand shit. Leo is God.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1 minute ago, martins name said:

@Eternal Unity And Leo endorses Kriya.

That was in 2017. Things have changed.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

3 hours ago, Eternal Unity said:

Kriya Yoga? are you sure? You know who waits in the end? Babaji. 2,200 year old vampire. The Nameless One. And even he - didn't understand shit. Leo is God.

Where do you get this bullshit from?

3 hours ago, Vibes said:

Where do you get this bullshit from?

God.

4 hours ago, martins name said:

What's his prescription now then? Just psychedelics?

Not just. a combination of advanced psychedelics (some you know about, some not yet) with intense contemplation. New - for Leo, at least - ways of practicing meditation. (at least 6 hours everyday.

Leo is devoting his life to awakening and teachings. He is a modern Eckhart Tolle. Imagine Eckhart age 35 :) Leo is above that, as well!

@martins name Thanks, great answer, very high quality! sorry I didn't see it (i don't get notifications from tags for some reason)

right now I got back into normal meditation, though I will definitely return to kriya at some point.
I will read Ennio Nimis book for now.

Edited by Ayham

@Ayham I'm glad, you're welcome! You can change what notifications you get in account settings -> other settings

The road to God is paved with bliss.

On 1/30/2023 at 0:09 PM, Shakazulu said:

I just completed lesson 19 (Mula Bandha)

does anyone have tips or any advice on the lessons 19 & beyond? 

Do the entire book re-reading every lesson prior. There is always something missed. Get to Lesson 25. If after lesson 25 you aren't a safe then you're doing it incorrectly. Lesson 17 should leave your spine buzzing like crazy all day.

• Feminist 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:28 AM, Ayham said:

@martins name @BuddhaTree

A couple of questions to everyone, especially for you two since you seem like experts. 

I have been meditating daily for a year, and now I am switching to kriya yoga. 

My routine right now is currently:

1. Mahamudra x3
  2. Kriya pranayama x32
  3. yoni mudra x1
  4. pravastha state for 5 minutes 

I am doing all of them from gamana's "kriya yoga exposed", currently a week in. 

so my questions:

1. I do feel the effects of pranayama and yoni mudra, but i don't feel anything from mahamudra, am i supposed to feel something from it? 
  2. i browsed the r/kriyayoga subreddit, and everyone seemed to agree that gamana is bullshit, why? is it because he doesn't speak ideologically? 
  3. is kriya pranayama where you focus on the third eye as legit as spinal breathing pranayama? 
  4. currently i just feel calmer after my routine, i used to get a lot of great results from meditation, not just calmness, I am giving kriya yoga 3 months to decide if I will continue with it, how long did it take you to get results? 
  5. I can't visualize prana going up and down the spine, help lol.
  6. finally, do I have to upgrade my routine? I have school and stuff and this takes a long time already. 

???

1. Kriya secrets revealed 5th edition and ennio  nemmis' 2023 edition of kriya yoga synthesis(kriyayogainfo.net)
  2. Stay off reddit they are all fools. 
  3. Kriya yoga is a breath-rite without a single way of defining it.
  4.  After a routine you should be dripping in ecstacy. Mental kriya should feel like a constant orgasm.
  5. Your eentire body buzzes and vibrates like static. You should be feeling the pranamaya and manomaya koshas during and after kriya.
  6. The par avastha of kriya lasts the rest of the day and not 5 minutes. You should sit still 10min minimum after kriya pranayama. 
  7. Operate on first principles and not via analogy 
    On 1/27/2023 at 7:40 AM, bazera said:

Do you guys have a specific diet when doing Kriya? Obviously eating junk food would affect the practice results, but what about meat?

Ignore diets, focus on the state of ketosis.  Ketosis IS Kriya!

• Feminist 

@Leo GuraLeo, how far in the book have you reached. I currently am on Lesson 26 out of 33?

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

1.Aleister crowley on making purposed movements + lahiri's quotes on controlling the senses.=Virtue(sila/restraint).

2.   Reading Is the performing Japa and Buddhist jnanic absorbtion. Reading suppresses the 5-hinderences.=Access and absorbtion.

3.  Time under tension is applied to exercises when working out, is also applied to concentrative kriya(Breath-rite exercises).= Pranic/kundalini control.

4. Chin parallel /Chest out/Shoulder blades together/Head pulled up by string/Pelvis forward /Slightly lean back into a relaxed position=Asana.

5. Va and Shi+not activating upward moving swallowing muscles behind the tongue in the back of the throat and keeping throat relaxed during inhalation.= Ujjayi.

6. Physical and mental stillness(continuousness/steadiness/steadfastness towards/concentration/jnana/samayama) is applied to a type of motion accompanied by a breath-rite. =This is known as kriya yoga. Action through non-action(stillness).=Parvastha of kriya.

7. Physical relaxation, multiplied by a factor of physical stillness, transforms into mental stillness.=Infinity.

• Feminist 

On 6/18/2023 at 6:05 AM, martins name said:

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI I think he does Santatagamana's techniques. Steven's is probably not relevant to him.

No he does Steven's. Santatagamana's is extremely watered-down. Steven's + Enimo Nemmis, aided by lahiris commentaries,  is the more complex approach.

Leo's smart.

• Feminist 

You need both the 5th and the 4th edition. The 4th edition has incredibly powerful information that is left out in the 5th edition, and vice-versa. 

Control of the vayus is something that will take your kriya to the next level. 

Get 4th as ebook since it's removed from Amazon, purchase 5th edition.

1. Idk why I can't upload photos...

2. The 49 vayus  in lesson 17 does not exist in 4th edition. 

3. A lot is different per chapter, but same structure.

• Feminist