egoless

If consciousness is Infinite why it is not aware of subconscious mind?

53 posts in this topic

Then why does it not know the subconscious mind? I mean you are never aware of your subconscious mind yet it is always "there"... You are not aware of your whole memory but it is always "there"... @Leo Gura any idea on that?

Edited by egoless

This is my take.

The consciousness that is associated with the body, the idea of a "me" doesn't exist. But somehow thoughts create the idea of a separated self that has not consciousness of the whole self, is not aware of the true self that is everything. Brahman. God. Etc....

In reality we are consciousness, but we identify with the separated idea of consciousness and we create our own reality of the poor me in the middle of a world that is outside me.

I recommend you to listen to some Alan Watts youtube videos, he points to that very clearly and simple.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse I don't care about listening to these videos anymore. I found out that I only should follow my direct experience. And it tells me that I also have subconscious mind which is strange. Our subconscious mind controls us 95% however rest 5% when we are conscious we can make conscious decisions. That's where the change comes from.... You have infinite freedom

You become conscious when you realize that your are everything. In reality you don't have a subconscious mind, you are it.

What is "controlling" the small self (consciousness) is the big self or Buddha self (unconsciousness) . You will create all the experiences needed to wake up to realize you are both, conscious, unconscious, everything...

IMO

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse I am not following this shit conceptual talk anymore dude... We on this forum never speak from our experience that's the problem! That's why most of people here are stuck in conceptions and deceptions. In my direct experience I am telling you yes I may be an extension of god's consciousness but I can never call myself god. I think calling yourself god is delusional. You are god's eyes? Yes. More likely but defo not whole god... 

If you were you would be aware of everything unlimited. So people fkin stop pretending you are gods... Stop just repeating what you hear. Follow your experience! In my experience I the consciousness - the presence - the being make decisions when I am aware...

You’re assuming Infinite means something like all knowing.  Why are you assuming that’s how Leo is using the word?  I’m not saying it’s bad necessarily, but you might be off on a lark very far away from ground-zero as to what Infinity is.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You’re assuming Infinite means something like all knowing.  Why are you assuming that’s how Leo is using the word?  I’m not saying it’s bad necessarily, but you might be off on a lark very far away from ground-zero as to what Infinity is.

I am not. What does infinite mean to you Joseph?

There is no subconscious mind.

Nothing is hidden.

What you see is what there is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no subconscious mind.

Nothing is hidden.

What you see is what there is.

Yet we are controlled by it 95%... Come on Leo it sometimes seems to me that you repeat what it is said in Enlightenment teachings... But yet in our experience it's not the case. Is not it time to drop all these concepts and judge by ourselves? Why the heck does NLP work then?

I just fkin realized that all these teachings were beliefs. Whatever the heck your believe in this reality it becomes the Truth for you. That's the only Truth there is. If you belief enough and expand your consciousness enough - what is called "Enlightenment" will happen to you. But that is nothing other than believing in materialism. Both are perspectives... 

Edited by egoless

Calm the fuck down, @egoless. Most likely some things happened to you which made such an impact on you that you are still shaped by them. 

"I need no conceptual knowledge" 

"Follow only direct experience" 

"The subconscious exists" 

"All teachings are beliefs" 

These are nothing but beliefs you are trying to rant against. 

Teachings can be useful. They are the reason (+direct experience) you even started following this path. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Because included in infinity is a reality where consciousness is not aware of the subconscious.

@egoless Yet you are asking people on the forum. What else but conceptual talks can you seek here?

3 hours ago, egoless said:

@abrakamowse I am not following this shit conceptual talk anymore dude...

@egoless You're not going to get far in this work if you insist on such a crude and black-and-white way of thinking.

Nuance, nuance, nuance...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Its never black or white, its a fucking infinite rainbow" - Infinity

Awareness is a ground condition that supports consciousness.  Consciousness is appearance of objects in the mind.  When awareness touches on objects, consciousness would arise simultaneously.  Mind is a pattern of consciousness that is born from awareness.  Mind is also known as consciousness-in-individuality.  The origin of individuality is the same as the origin of the mind.  Mind is something more objective and involves clear discrimination – differentiates and understands the characteristics of objects.  One utilises mind to understand things because mind understands the manipulation of consciousness.

In general, consciousness is synergy and synergy is energy - it can neither be created nor destroyed but could only take on various forms or categories.  On this pretext, one could witness the geometric expansion of it such as the prevailing mind consciousness and the subtle mind consciousness.  In other words, consciousness that arises prior to the mind formation would not be able to differentiate and understand the characteristics of objects despite its omnipresence in the cosmos.  In addition, consciousness has the ability to expand and pervade through any corresponding planes of existence simultaneously and indefinitely.  This development becomes a foundation for the parallel existences in Mother Nature.

@egoless man , stop saying that you '' rely only on your direct experience '' , you are just making assumptions ...  

the problem is that you are using some semantic of the ''infinite'' word and putting conciosness into this concept of ''infinite'' , but you don't know , that a pointer ... 

The subconscious mind is a model about reality.  It’s thought ‘about’ reality.  Sometimes it helps to frame explanations in terms of mind, but we need to keep in mind that when we use these kinds of models we are speaking metaphorically.  What reality is is not encapsulated by our labels and concepts.  What our labels and concepts do is spin a tale ‘about’ reality.  And that’s fine!  I’m not knocking that — but we just gotta see what we’re doing so we don’t mistake the menu for the meal.  The menu ain’t the meal right?  It’s a model ‘about’ the meal.  The menu doesn’t capture the meal.  Put the menu in your mouth and you’ll quickly find that out!  We don’t notice this so easily with thoughts ‘about’ reality versus reality itself, but it works entirety the same!  There is no mind in reality.  That’s mistaking the map for the territory.  It’s convenient to talk that way — but it’s metaphorical.  Language operates metaphorically.  We don’t see the true depth of this.  This is not you, this is everybody!  We are programmed to take metaphors literally by default.  That’s how conceptual-truth works.  But it causes a lot of confusion too.  Reality and conceptions of reality are two different things.  It’s not always so easy to keep them separate, but you can!  Through awareness you can.  My ability to do this has skyrocketed over the past year.  It might be the number one key to my growth — noticing the difference between reality and thought ‘about’ reality.   It almost sounds trivial, but it’s the key to Awakening.  What you’re gonna find is that all your beliefs ‘about’ reality have the same relationship to reality as a menu does to a meal.  Most people can understand this conceptually and agree with me — but do they live it!  Do they really grok the ramifications of it?  Not really, right?  It stays conceptual and superficial for them.  Really, the guru’s job is just to prod people to become much less superficial about these issues. These issues are not just conceptual!  A mature appreciation of these issues will shift your furniture around regarding what you think existence is — the fantasy will drop out of reality for ya.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@egoless https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/18215-what-is-the-ego/  Take a look at the responses through the lens that the word ego could be free will, or subconscious. Might be useful.  ✌️

This is very good finding you stumbled upon. This is exactly how I mean “ego” atm. ego is nothing more than what science calls subconscious mind. It controls you unconsciously. But you always have a choice to become conscious in the present moment and change it. @Leo Gura this is what I found. Clearly programming your subconscious works. Subconscious is the ego... Collective past and memory is the ego. Your true self is always in present being.

Edited by egoless