Aimblack

Ayahuasca- What can I expect?

16 posts in this topic

There is an Ayahuasca retreat coming up and as it is quite pricey it would replace my planned dark room retreat. Can anybody who has experienced either help me set my expectations so I know which to prioritize? 

I have’nt experinced any of them, but from what I’ve heard is the first ayahuasca trip usually quite positive.

Have you done any psychedelic before?

@Elephant Well I came across the exact opposite. From what I've found people first have really harsh experiences during the first trip but I'm not too concerned with that I'm fairly confident that as long as I am conscious I have enough training to at least keep me from suffering too much during the experience. 

And no I have never done psychedelics before.

2 minutes ago, Aimblack said:

@Elephant Well I came across the exact opposite. From what I've found people first have really harsh experiences during the first trip but I'm not too concerned with that I'm fairly confident that as long as I am conscious I have enough training to at least keep me from suffering too much during the experience. 

And no I have never done psychedelics before.

Okay, that can be true but that’s what I’ve heard atleast;) 

I highly recommend you to try shrooms or lsd a couple of times before. It’s hard to imagine how humble you will get when the psychedelic takes you. 

What’s the training you’ve done that’s supposed to make you confident during an ayahuasca trip? 

You can't expect. Expectation will lead to disappointment. The best trips are experienced with an empty mind ;)

B R E A T H E

Yes, just let go and be open.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Aimblack

8 hours ago, Aimblack said:

@ElephantAnd no I have never done psychedelics before.

What a Beast :D I would like to heart back from you some time after your trip ;)

11 hours ago, pluto said:

You can't expect. Expectation will lead to disappointment. The best trips are experienced with an empty mind ;)

Yes, this is the truth, even though it's difficult, especially with soooo much information and trip reports available. My very first psychedelic trip was with ayahuasca, and it was huge in changing my mind, my life. I can't put into words the shift in perspective that it produced in me. Psilocybin has become my go-to substance, but I would still be on my old path of living a lifeless life without ayahuasca. My eyes fill with tears just thinking and typing about it. If this is something you feel drawn to, do it. There's no problem whatsoever with ayahuasca being your first psychedelic experience.  

14 hours ago, pluto said:

Maybe?

But an empty mind doesn’t seek experience 

@Aimblack  Open mind. Trip “plans”, as well as thoughts about what to expect, or what “you’ll” “experience” are in the dream. I understand you have not experienced outside of the dream yet. Excited for you! Please whip up a report to help our closed minded friends. They are invaluable.  ❤️✌️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It is only my own opinion and you can do whatever you want with your life, but personally I am wary of any foreign and hallucinatory substances, especially since a lot of evidence exists that both personal development and enlightenment work can be done just as well without them. Again, go ahead if you're really interested and think the trip is worth it. Bon voyage

I attended an ayahuasca retreat last year, and I'm doing one this year. Different People have different experiences, depending on your state of mind, body, your level of openness, the retreat, the medicine, the shaman... So like others said, just go for it. You will be fine regardless :) I had no prior psychedelic experience s and I did just fine. The medicine will show you what you need to see. Enjoy your trip!

Have no expectations , go in open minded and ready to surrender 

@Aimblack Thanks for starting this thread. I'm contemplating on doing a retreat in a few months, so this was very helpful. :)