Jonson

Rats

24 posts in this topic

soak it all in my friend. See how our daily actions are soo ingrained in unconsciousness... Factory farmed dead beings that come packaged in plastic.. we have no problem but when you see the "reality" of what you're doing. it hits you like a truck.. although not condemning it.. Butchers in my country kill daily without any special machine, just a sword to chop animals heads off, they dont mind but for the west its way too convenient 

50 minutes ago, Jonson said:

It's weird to think that I ended the rats life, i feel like a killer. 

Think of it this way, you didn't do it to intentionally cause harm, quiet the opposite. You tried to undo what another human had done. You put the poor thing out of his/her misery, you actually saved him/her from a slow and painful death. I spotted an injured seagull wondering down the road a couple of months ago, he looked completely disorientated and lost swaying down a main busy road in the rain. 

I caught the poor thing and brought him to the vets immediately. 

It was my choice wether to put him/her to sleep or not, the choice killed me inside but I did what was best for the animal. He/she could of been mauled by a cat (couldn't fly, broken wing) so I choose to give him/her the most humane ending. 

I'm not going to lie I cried hard for 2 days but like you, you did what was best, you put your own feelings aside and acted from a place of love. 

Rat, cat, spider, frog, bear, they all deserve to be treated equally as any other living thing. 

You did the right thing, your not a killer your a lover. I wish I knew you personally because I'd shake your hand and thank you for what you did.

♥️

20 hours ago, Edvard said:

Well, why care about human suffering then? If we are going to design a morality based on suffering, what matters is not who or what the sufferer is. Why should we care about humans if we don't care about rats, from a holistic and consistent moral perspective? I liked the post. And I laughed of the suggestion of taking it to the vet. Imagine the vet's look when someone comes in with a rat that was found. Makes you think about what morality to humans actually is...

With that said, you may also have a point - which is inevitable given that morality is concept.

Ultimately, all morality is illusory, it is something us humans patched together from 3.2 millions of years of evolutionary subconscious instincts. 
Now here we are, and in this scenario of life, I will always choose to be biased to my own species, Team People. As one of my favorite inspirational primate Joe Rogan likes to put it.

In my emotional dream world, there would be no suffering anywhere, for any life form, no matter if I personally thinks the life form is cute

But that's not the laws of the universe. I'd like to think that, whatever can happen in existence, happens because it can happen, and what can't happen, dont happened. We are just as humans nervously attempting to impose our own manmade feelgood paradigms, a true exercise in futility.

If it can happen in reality, it happens and that is, in one perspective, the objective law . This is of course not meant as a self-defeatist mentality, like we can't improve and for example advance in our horrible treatment of animals in the industry. However, you have to try to see things with clear eyes, and realize the absolute ruthlessness and how bloody this world really can be for every form, humans included. 

It seems that, this is all a crazy ride for chaotic experience, infinite "fragmented" pieces of reality consuming and murdering each other, a race of evolution, of consciousness maybe? Life eats life, and if a person is too fucking retarded and emotionally invested in their feel good dogma shit, then that is their choice . It's simply sad to see these days the amount of people that are living in cities, disconnected from the harsh reality of nature and the wild. The affection for cognitive dissonance, and the natural amount of degenerative humanitarian tyrannic virtue signaling that follows with that.

Now, I'm kind of a pussy to be honest. I get a rly weak feeling when I see just images of human organs and such, I really feel hatred and repulsement from suffering and also perhaps any LEGITIMATE social injustice. I've never slaughtered or killed an animal, and chopped it up pieces of meat. Except for fish.

But I will never sell out striving for intellectual honesty for pathetic hedonistic short-time pleasure from my current dogma of that which gives me emotional gratification.

I'm also sure that misapplying empathy is a matter of exposure, and I feel very secure in my feeling that if it would come to a mortal situation where it would be me or something or someone else, I'd have zero issues with the choice.

Team People :)
And then work outwards from that with love, to the rest of our consciousness family.

Not claiming at all that I know it all, this is just my current evolving philosophy. 

Endless nuance

15 hours ago, Charlotte said:

?

Nice argument though

Haha, I hope you know I intend no harm though . :) love,

Endless nuance