BjarkeT

halthy food that taste as good as junk food?

13 posts in this topic

does anyone know any food that could taste as good as junk food? one of the reasons to stop eating unhealthy food permanently for me sometimes is because the healthy food doesn't always taste as good as unhealthy food it could be helpful to make the switch 

thanks in advance 

Edited by BjarkeT
added a extra word

@BjarkeT

• Transitions:

Easy: Junk food = Perfect tasting food = Juicy crispy texture, excellent aroma, salt, fat, and sugar. How to make junk food healthier? Take all of these components, but make them healthy ingredients. No trans fats, no sweeteners, all plant based stuff. You need a combination of all of these to make it work. 

You could make pulled pork out of jackfruit! Just replace the "pork" with some canned jackfruit... after all, the spices make the taste. Note that jackfruit has no significant calories. Find recipes online and try them out. If your goal is to transit from junk food to healthier junk food, then a shift has to be made.

Medium: If you want to change food choices cold turkey, I recommend a 3-day water fast before transiting. It will empty your bowels from all the previous residue, and it will significantly adjust your taste buds for the better (don't worry, you won't die). 

To do this, you must plan ahead! At least find a way to replace your current eating habits with sustainable better versions of them! Then after that, you learn through trial and error.

~Ideal: I personally dislike adding anything to food. As I'm raw plant-based, mainly eating monomeals, I would never add something to my plate! Sometimes if I have a dinner of raw sweet peas, they will taste bland after the first kg, so instead of forcing them into me, ill add a teaspoon of soy sauce but being very moderate. If I want to make my sweet peas taste like junk food (in volume), I would (probably) die from excess sodium intake.

My taste buds have adjusted to loving the peas just like they are! Im much more sensitive, so it feels like all of the "junk food" components are already included! 

Once, I ate a cake out of the ordinary, and it tasted like orgasm.

46 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

does anyone know any food that could taste as good as junk food? one of the reasons to stop eating unhealthy food permanently for me sometimes is because the healthy food doesn't always taste as good as unhealthy food it could be helpful to make the switch 

thanks in advance 

Taste is a trap. Pay attention to how you feel when you eat food and you’re body will naturally tell you to eat the more healthy stuff. Meditation is helpful with this because you become more aware of your emotions. Your body knows what it wants but these yummy tasting foods like McDonalds trick you into thinking you’re getting the nutrients you need, but if you pay attention to how you feel after eating something like McDonalds you’ll see that your body doesn’t like it.  I’ve been eating raw meat and raw milk for a few weeks now and I’ve noticed my body has started to crave it. It tastes good but it’s more satisfying than it is tasteful.

10 hours ago, Slade said:

but if you pay attention to how you feel after eating something like McDonalds you’ll see that your body doesn’t like it

Excellent point. I've been on a strict diet of plant based foods and I once ate a vegetarian McDonald's meal through a PMT craving. I literally observed how my body felt for the rest of the evening/day after and it literally felt as if my body was SCREAMING at me "I don't like this!!". I learnt my lesson the hard way.

Many health foods taste better than junk foods if you know how to make them properly but even then the reason why junk foods taste good is because the chemicals used in junk food trick our brain to thinking it tastes amazing(Its all business) and change our bodies chemical make up to make it appear that these food taste good which also makes healthy food taste like shit. Once you stop junk and drink more clean water and eat more healthy food e.g fresh fruits and vegetables then real food starts to taste good again as your taste buds and chemical makeup returns to balance.

Doing a water fast is the fastest way to restore to balance but other ways work too just longer.

B R E A T H E

On 21/03/2018 at 5:29 AM, Igor82 said:

•  

You could make pulled pork out of jackfruit! Just replace the "pork" with some canned jackfruit... after all, the spices make the taste. Note that jackfruit has no significant calories. Find recipes online and try them out. If your goal is to transit from junk food to healthier junk food, then a shift has to be made.

I wouldn't say that jackfruit has so few calories! It's almost 100 kcal per 100 g. It also isn't very rich in fiber, but rather high in sugar, so it will make you crave even more sugar. Now compare this to some leafy greens such as cabbage or green beans which are around 20 kcal / 100 g and are packed with fiber.

@BjarkeT Prioritize life over taste. Without junk food, taste buds change neuropathways, and a simple grape is the greatest tasting food in the universe. Paradoxical. Transcendable. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

@BjarkeT Prioritize life over taste. Without junk food, taste buds change neuropathways, and a simple grape is the greatest tasting food in the universe. Paradoxical. Transcendable. 

Osho-like-an-ocean-by-quadrio-ilustrator.jpg.e580e5b3cfbf22118fceab874c129390.jpg

B R E A T H E

Honestly as you start eating healthier, one's taste buds changes to appreciate the food, then junk food will taste "low quality". I think actually learning about nutrition in general helped with this change too, understanding macro and micro nutrients, plus experimenting with different foods. 

If you absolutely despise "Whole Foods" food and cant see giving up junk food, its gonna be tough time depending how attached you are to junk food.

I would try to replace what you like about junk foods with healthier foods. If its fats and salt, eat salted peanuts, and if you like cookies, eat fruits instead. 

I also don't understand what you mean by healthy food?

You don't find bananas and oranges tasty? You don't think grass-fed milk is tasteful. Salmon? Sometimes, it has to do with how you prepare it.

If you're trying to avoid animal products, beans cooked with peppers, onions, mushrooms, salt, garlic, broccoli with olive oil is tasteful. 

I discovered dates....

I eat those things like it’s junkfood, so good and so sweet :D 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

fruits are my fast food:$ I reached a point where if I could decide between any snack/fast/junk food in the world and mangoes, berries, pineapples, kakis, peaches or pears.....I'd go for the fruits. undoubtedly :x

whatever arises, love that