d0ornokey

What are your favorite high conscious snacks to buy?

17 posts in this topic

I think this would be a good thread for the best of. 

wholefoods :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I really like larabars. They aren't perfect, but their ingredient list is less than 4, with no chemicals and they taste great

15 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

I really like larabars. They aren't perfect, but their ingredient list is less than 4, with no chemicals and they taste great

I've heard of larabars a lot. But they don't sell them in Europe or at least here in Finland. What are their ingredients?

3 hours ago, ElenaO said:

I've heard of larabars a lot. But they don't sell them in Europe or at least here in Finland. What are their ingredients?

https://www.larabar.com/our-products/larabar 

scroll down and click on the flavor you desire and itll tell you whats in it

On 3/21/2018 at 9:09 PM, Michael569 said:

wholefoods :)

Haha yeah everytime i buy some healthy snack i read the ingredients, start the food processor and make myself. Never buy again unless i'm not home :P

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Conscious snacks hahaha

the type of shit people invent Lmao

I really love seaweed chips, although you can eat them up really fast without getting filled up. The best snack that I found for longevity (taste) is a good old lollipop. If you want the healthiest alternative look into dried fruits. Personally, I love dates and dried bananas, even dried mangoes!

@Igor82 Haven't tried seaweed chips, but I like dried dulse. It's just that, no other ingredients, and it's naturally salty and nice.

I also like dried fruit, especially dates, a bit of nuts, fresh pressed fruit and vegetable juices.

Also recently made myself sweet potato fries. If you make them crunchy and spiced enough, they'll blow your mind. I've yet to try making a good sauce to dip them into. Bet that'll blow my mind a second time.

@Igor82 @pluto When it comes to dried fruits (such as dates and goji berries) does it matter whether or not they're organic?

4 hours ago, CGeo said:

@Igor82 @pluto When it comes to dried fruits (such as dates and goji berries) does it matter whether or not they're organic?

It doesn't matter that much for gojis/dates as it does for say apples, spinach, strawberries, corn, soy and other foods that you should get organic because they are heavily and routinely sprayed and or contaminated or genetically modified which has genotoxic and mutagenic effects on our DNA but if you value your temple you should always buy organic where you can.

(Certified Organic) will always be grown without the use of chemicals or synthetic pesticides/herbicides thus ends up being nutritionally more rich and more bio-available because chemicals use in conventional growing has quite the impact on how nutrient rich and how well we absorb them.

The chemicals and genetic modifications deplete the soils thus deplete the nutrition and change the original chemical make-up within the food structure so the body does not communicate efficiently and absorb optimally.

(Biodynamic) and or (Wildcrafted/harvested) are even more rich and better for you. Here is an example from a study a while back.

organic-vs-conventional-produce-nutrients1grgrg.png

B R E A T H E

larabars are good but super tiny and you have to pay 4$ for one :(. in eastern europe theyre even more expensive

How people eat popcorn I eat whole sunflower seeds ;)

CRacking the shell with your front teeth while using the tongue to remove the seed from inside is a charm of an experience because you cannot eat a whole bunch at once and get sick of them fairly quick it must be done one seed by one.

The outer shell is usually salted and you get just enough saltiness while the tongue removes the seed.

Growing up this was our popcorn when watching movies or late night snack and definitely high conscious one of the most nutrient rich seeds on Earth.

Pistachio's we're also an excellent snack also highest nut in melatonin so perfect for late night snack to help you unwide and fall asleep.

B R E A T H E