Soulbass

Fights I’ve dropped

12 posts in this topic

10 years ago, I said “I won’t have a car” because cars sucks.
Now I’m tempted to have one, for convenience.

On 2018 I still don’t have a smartphone, but I’m tempted to have one because after all it’s convenient.

After 8 years strict vegetarianism, I eat meat again (small fishes and chicken).
It doesn’t feel going backward on this one, but it is certainly for neurotic reasons that I began with vegetarianism at first.

Life purpose : I did the course, knowing at the beginning of it, that I would go for music.
Music is part of my life since I’m 6 years old.
Now I’m tempted to drop that out (temporary ?) so I can start the course again with a fresh mind.

I’ve been following actualized.org since 2013.
Consciousness is taking more and more space in my life now.

My job is actually not bad, most people would consider a success.
Still, it doesn’t makes me happy.

I’m tempted to drop all my previous goals, and focus on consciousness.
I feel like if I go “all in” with consciousness work, I could be happy whatever the circumstances of my life are.

Edited by Soulbass

Best of luck ;)

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

I'm tempted to to drugs again. (Almost 2 years sobriety). And yeah this meat thing, I resonate with that too @Soulbass

I'm tempted to commit suicide. Been struggling for like 15 years on that one.

I'm tempted to go to jail and meditate my ass off (lots of time).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I feel you. I say do it BUT there is one thing you should consider tough.

I just bought and am reading the yoga book about kriya yoga and it told me a very interesting thing that changed the way I view going all in on consciousness work. It said that a lot of the time monks and people who completely distance themselves from society do not get as much spiritual progress as people who stay in there and have a wife, a job that type of stuff.

This happens because they get complacent in there work, they lead a tranquil life in a monistary or in the mountains and don't push themselves. Why should they, they are just fine leading a life of routine. While people who practice within the system only have limited time, because of this they push themselves more in the little time they have. Which results in deeper concentration and deeper insights. Plus the householders lifestyle is more challenging which leads to strengthening of the mind. Isolation can bring weak mindedness.

Please keep this in mind, good luck!

Thank you @Ibn Sina Life is going on after all

@Timotheus Seems we all have some kind of problems. Does spiritual progress only happen in avoidance ?
Exploring the darkest parts of your psyche wasn’t it a grounding experience, that helped to define who you are now ?
As going in jail, I think it's a mistake to think that "somehow in the future" it will be different from now.
What inspires you ?

@dude I agree spirituality can take place everywhere.
Have you seen the movie “The Tree of Life” ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAz1YLh8nY

Edited by Soulbass

@Soulbass Didn't expect such a detailed answer, thanks. Yeah at the time I feel like I'm done with society and just want to be all by myself not having to do things I hate to do. One of my best moments happened when I went inside, so by times it can be hard to just pursue normal things, since I don't see that many reasons anymore. In jail I could almost exclusively be all by myself and wouldn't have to do shit. 

Either I cannot find any reasonable ways to live where I can do things, I don't hate and or don't get annoyed by most people or my mind doesn't allow me to see it. Who knows.

Thanks again, may at least you find a reasonable way to live.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

5 hours ago, Soulbass said:

My job is actually not bad, most people would consider a success.
Still, it doesn’t makes me happy.

I’m tempted to drop all my previous goals, and focus on consciousness.
I feel like if I go “all in” with consciousness work, I could be happy whatever the circumstances of my life are.

Yes, so doing a job that does not make you happy is good practice is it not? Isn't it only your attitude, your thoughts about the job that make you unhappy?

No circumstance makes you unhappy, only your thought about it can do that.

3 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Either I cannot find any reasonable ways to live where I can do things, I don't hate and or don't get annoyed by most people

Then isn't it a good practice to stay where you are and watch the thought that arises that causes annoyance and hate? Isn't this already a reasonable way? Isn't the way you were proposing an avoidance?

As above, no circumstance makes you unhappy, only your thought about it can do  that.

----

Not telling anyone to do what they do not want to do.

@Timotheus "Im tempted to commit suicide. Been struggling for like 15 years on that one."

much love my friend. it gets better, keep fighting :) but most importantly keep applying! Many times when I get suicidal, I recognize that its "a thought" 

2 hours ago, thehero said:

@Timotheus "Im tempted to commit suicide. Been struggling for like 15 years on that one."

much love my friend. it gets better, keep fighting :) but most importantly keep applying! Many times when I get suicidal, I recognize that its "a thought" 

It got better. like only a little bit. I still have all the rest of my problems.

21 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I'm tempted to go to jail and meditate my ass off (lots of time).

In his book 10% happier author Dan Harris had an idea to go to the solitary so he could practice meditation.

He is a journalist, so he arranged as an experiment to go into the solitary, for couple of days, during that time inmate from the next solitary was screaming so loud, that he was not able to concentrate at all.

Give up on that notion :)

@dorg @thehero @Morten  Thanks guys :)

- A Course in Miracles