CroMagna

Fight For A Cause?

10 posts in this topic

Without going into politics here, I was listening to Leo's video about having a cause greater than yourself and your distractions.  I have been distracting myself to deal with my issues.  But I have been pretty selfish because I'm a misanthrope. 

But now I'm considering giving back to society by helping to fight the culture wars against Marxism, postmodernism, radical Islam, black nationalism and on the other end Duginism, white nationalism, antifeminism, etc.  In other words, fight to maintain the status quo because it could get a whole lot worse.

I just don't know how to go about doing it.  I think they're called dream jobs for a reason, they're only in my dreams.  I also think it would be emotionally very taxing.

I could just be hedonistic (in a positive way) and continue to enjoy life, work a decent paying job, and avoid people.

Or I could fight for a cause. 

Counterargument to Leo: "everyone think they have to have a cause because they're idiots.  Just find something you enjoy doing and let the monkeys hang themselves" -Dr. Christopher Hyatt

What do you think?

On 3/20/2018 at 6:30 PM, brovakhiin said:

Good gracious. Then please do something the world could actually use like eco- or wildlife conservation, infrastructure building, renewable energies, disaster-relief...not more silly "culture wars"...talk about pouring oil on a flaming pile of nonsense

I agree even though I would have expressed it differently :)

"What Tyler says about the crap and the slaves of history, that's how I felt. I wanted to destroy something beautiful I'd never have. Burn the Amazon rain forests. Pump chlorofluorocarbons straight up to gobble the ozone. Open the dump valves on supertankers and uncap offshore oil wells. I wanted to kill all the fish I couldn't afford to eat, and smother the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted the whole world to hit bottom. Pounding that kid, I really wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every endangered panda that wouldn't screw to save its species and every whale or dolphin that gave up and ran itself aground."
Don't think of this as extinction. Think of this as downsizing. - Fight Club, The narrator. 

"It’s Project Mayhem that’s going to save the world. A cultural ice age. A prematurely induced dark age. Project Mayhem will force humanity to go dormant or into remission long enough for the Earth to recover. . . . This was the goal . . . the complete and right-away destruction of the world."

Fighting for a cause is being attached to one side and dismiss the other, you'e gonna suffer

@Moreira Shallow perspective. The greatest visionaries have something they see worth fighting for. Nuance nuance nuance

20 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Moreira Shallow perspective. The greatest visionaries have something they see worth fighting for. Nuance nuance nuance

Whatever thing you decide you want to fight for the universe will create an opposite force of entropy, thats the autobalance without it never can exist. 

Who says what is good or bad to fight for? Why? By joining this fight you are manifesting the will, or samsaras of your ego. 

Edited by Moreira

"Triumph of the Will!" - Apparently a popular movie in 1935.

I actually believe that Free-will may exist as a potentiality. Fighting for a cause, sounds a bit collectivist in nature. Whether there is a way to generate/allow to happen or cultivate a causa sui (cause of itself).

I wonder how to cultivate will? Sit in a cave meditating? or would that cultivate the freedom part, maybe both.

@Moreira LOL look at every legend of nondual traditions my friend. Learn systems thinking. 

So in other words, 'I'm just going to be selfish and only care about my own little agenda and not put in the work to make a change in the world.' Yes, in the absolute nothing is good or bad. None of it matters in the end. In yet, the most spiritual people human history has come to recognize were the most purpose driven people. No one is saying to become an ignorant ideologue that goes on crusades. Step out of your own little bubble. You can be enlightened and be feeling blissful but guess what, there are billions of people that are suffering. No one is saying what is good to fight for or not. It's your choice. Decide what cause is most meaningful to you and have that be something to contribute to the world. 

Stop being closed minded and in your own little private bubble.  

On 3/29/2018 at 8:29 AM, Moreira said:

Fighting for a cause is being attached to one side and dismiss the other, you'e gonna suffer

This is cutting right through.

Excellent!!

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

You seem to be want to be a political revolutionary. So do I.

Take heed.

If you are going to fight something. You need to be very specific on what your fighting exactly and how you are fighting it.

Otherwise your just flailing your arms in the air, or whipping the sea, and your not helping anyone.

You'll just become some prick lost in his books and theory and ends up getting jack shit and done, or you become possibly a crazed idealog and corrupt dictator thats absolutely consumed in his ideaology that he just causes more suffering than good.

Joy is what you want right? Not just for yourself, but for others. To change society in such away the generates the most joy for the individual as possible right?

Look here. Do not get lost in theory.

Figure out the MOST direct way of creating that in real life. On a global scale.

No. Not middle earth. This video is the closest idea to what I have in mind of a perfect society

A global, highly eco-friendly society, No regulation, Pure freedom, people managing themselves. High consciousness.

I would to live in that kind of society.

Just imagine:

meditating smoking a joint while breathing in the fresh air while looking at the gorgeous view.

having intimate 2 hour long sex (like the way leo describes of having it) in a flower meadow, with a hot girl/

Imagine working hard in the fields, growing and harvesting your own food. Fresh fruits and vegetables. Raising your own free-range animals.

going on insane phychadelic trips both for fun and spirtual enlightment.

having high quality banter with friends.

Crafting your own stuff. Weapons, Furniture. Having your own little thing to contribute.

All business is pretty much localised. No monopolies or mega-corporations.

Oh god. This is paradise. This makes me cry.

And its possible! You just got to start believing its possible and become obsessed and remain playfull and stoic at the same time.

There should be no need the mass implementation of an already existing political system. If you do it directly, the system in which you devise gets precisely the job done in the most efficient way possible.

I dont know. Just food for thought.

Edited by Lorcan