MM1988

Criticism of the Quantum Mechanics Video I found on reddit

111 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, egoless said:

But there is a question arising what is the implication of this deepest level of Truth on this surface level really? Does it make your life better or worse? I mean yes you may choose to seek the Truth just for the sake of it but that's you. Some people may not want to do that. Right? So ultimately there are no rights and wrongs here. You knowing the deepest Truth does not make u any more advanced than people (Even more you realize that there is no you who can be advanced..) who have materialistic paradigm. It's just different perspective. It's your choice which lens you want to wear. I mean I know people who are perfectly happy and living the fullest life with materialistic paradigm. In the end nobody knows which is better...

Maybe its this... being enlightened has nothing to do with being happy.

Being happy is a ego thing, the ego changes witg enlightement, the personality changes, and you still have to do the personal development work, to find a job, a hobby, a partner, to solve trauma and so on... and combine this with enlightement and you will be happy, or not. Also deep fully enlightement maybe leads to such peace that is beyond happines, rupert spira says that the best relative answer that he hears wgy they is experience or existence at all is LOVE... there is your happines and my thery, men, its not evan my theory, i havr nothing :( :)

36 minutes ago, egoless said:

But there is a question arising what is the implication of this deepest level of Truth on this surface level really? Does it make your life better or worse? I mean yes you may choose to seek the Truth just for the sake of it but that's you. Some people may not want to do that. Right? So ultimately there are no rights and wrongs here. You knowing the deepest Truth does not make u any more advanced than people (Even more you realize that there is no you who can be advanced..) who have materialistic paradigm. It's just different perspective. It's your choice which lens you want to wear. I mean I know people who are perfectly happy and living the fullest life with materialistic paradigm. In the end nobody knows which is better...

It's actually impossible to be happy without thorough enlightenment.

So the implications for one's personal life are enormous. They are not merely enormous, they are TOTAL.

But of course there is no reason or moral imperative for pursuing the Truth. You are not "better" or "superior" for having discovered the Truth.

There are not right or wrongs. And there are no reasons to do anything.

Life is a sandbox MMORPG. Play it as you like.

In fact, Truth and falsehood are ONE.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's actually impossible to be happy without thorough enlightenment.

So the implications for one's personal life are enormous. They are not merely enormous, they are TOTAL.

And thats what Im here. Before any spirituality, the most logical and fundamental sense of life at all was to fell good and happy. I had a hedonistic ideology that was limited with ,,basic and fundamental,, morality and ,,being good". Then came knowing, philosophy, psyhology, matrix, spirituality, non duality, but to be honest I only want to be happy. Leo, are you happy? If yes is it because of enlightement? Or because of your personal life? If not, why not? (Dont get specific and personal, just in a nutshel, why not)

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are not right or wrongs. And there are no reasons to do anything.

I recall watching an interview with a guru who said that “Enlightenment is not for everyone.”  He said only certain people are genuinely called to the Enlightenment Path.  He didn’t mean that others can’t handle it.  He meant something more like — it’s not the right path for them.  It was an interesting perspective that stuck with me.  I’m not taking a position on that either way.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Life is a sandbox MMORPG. Play it as you like.

great saying.... 

But why are you trying to go beyond Enlightenment? You are going too deep sometimes don't you think so? Why it seems like you want to get lost in the rabbit hole? 

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

And thats what Im here. Before any spirituality, the most logical and fundamental sense of life at all was to fell good and happy. I had a hedonistic ideology that was limited with ,,basic and fundamental,, morality and ,,being good". Then came knowing, philosophy, psyhology, matrix, spirituality, non duality, but to be honest I only want to be happy. Leo, are you happy? If yes is it because of enlightement? Or because of your personal life? If not, why not? (Dont get specific and personal, just in a nutshel, why not)

The paradox is, if your #1 priority is happiness, you will never reach enlightenment.

Your #1 priority must be truth. Then, as you go down the rabbit hole of truth, it will end up killing you, and then happiness will dawn.

Happiness is incompatible with being a "you". That's problem. You want happiness, but to get happiness, you must first die. But the whole reason you're unhappy in the first place is because you're busy avoiding death.

So you say you want happiness, but to get it, you will have go through the thing you fear the most.

Which is why it's best to pursue enlightenment not for happiness, but for truth. Because you will have to surrender your notions of personal happiness to get to true happiness. What you currently think of as happiness isn't true happiness, which is why you're unhappy with it! If what you thought was happiness was real happiness, you'd be happy by now and this whole conversation would be moot. You wouldn't be here looking at Actualized.org

Happiness is a very tricky thing, which is why almost no one has it. Also notice, truth too is a very tricky thing which very few people have. Hmmmmm.... might these two be connected?? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura But I certainly know people who are very happy and relaxed all the time who don't even know about Enlightenment... Sure you may say but you don't know their struggles but so don't you know the struggles of Enlightened people right? 

1 hour ago, DrMobius said:

Guy needs forty milligrams.

How is experiencing one state gonna cause egoless to become more permanently awake? 

Everything said in that reddit post isn't wrong, its just that he's arguing about a completely different thing.

Inside the realm of classical mechanics, everything he says is correct. But if you want to know the 'truth' then of course he is missing the point. 

Its like this guy is saying "what Leo is insane, of course harry potter has black hair! Harry potter's hair isn't false, the tv screen doesn't disprove his hair being false"

If you really want to get to the bottom of whose right and whose wrong in these 2 dialogs, don't try and figure out which beliefs are better, but question the reactions from both Leo and the redditor. Why is the redditor saying the stuff he is saying? Is he saying it because he's correct? Or do you smell fear like i do? 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How is experiencing one state gonna cause egoless to become more permanently awake? 

Joseph :D 

you always proclaim to be awaken and dropped all beliefs yet you superimpose your ideas about me be awaken or not. 

This guy... :D 

10 minutes ago, egoless said:

Joseph :D 

you always proclaim to be awaken and dropped all beliefs yet you superimpose your ideas about me be awaken or not. 

This guy... :D 

I never said I dropped all beliefs.  Trying to drop all beliefs is Egoic.  What you wanna do is see through the illusion of Ego, not drop all beliefs.  You’ll still have all sorts of beliefs, they just don’t mean squat from the perspective of Awareness.    The aim is not to try and control beliefs — it’s to stop neurotically attaching to beliefs.  Let the Dream do whatever it wants to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Does not help his case. He is still wrong.

He isn't even conscious of the difference between direct experience and concept. What more is there to say of such a person?

Stephen Hawaking was a better physicist than this guy, and Stephen Hawking was wrong. So what? Appeal to authority does not equal truth. Dogmatic people appeal to authority and credentials because they refuse to be conscious for themselves.

Very well said @Leo Gura

But interestingly, even in his close consciousness it's easy to see that there is that  deep desire within him that makes the guy willing to go beyond those limits; but:) who's gonna take those existential risks? Then of course you get uncomfortable with the ones who do.

It really makes me curious: what exactly makes a human brave enough to go beyond that line? Sure, there is good amount of people who's willing; but what exactly the thing makes them take the actual action/actual path?

5 hours ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Leo I think the "problem" is that sometimes you go way too deep than it is bearable for even some of the spiritually advanced people. With your search you go beyond the Enlightenment and that shit is scary... On the deepest level there is complete meaningless void so what do you expect from people? I would admit that sometimes your videos seem very dark but I hope I know your true intentions because I know you for a long time already. But people who don't know your personality and most of your content may miss the big picture. It's very easy to get depressed by some of your videos if you don't hold the biggest picture. We gotta admit that. Don't you think so? 

Actually I think quite opposite. With deep videos yes people might feel very scared, or might have difficulty to understand or relate to them, but it's ever depressive or dark. They surely might not get it, but human nature is inherently on the look for finding and deeply (re)-connecting with what really it is.. it just is.. the magnificent design orders it, there is no other way around actually:D so that whatever they might experience at the surface layer of their consciousness, deep down they are the most motivated ones: I know this in my bones, more than than I know my existential reality:D

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To really understand and appreciate the last 2 quantum mechanics videos will require a typical person a decade of study and practice.

Actually I was about to write just the opposite in the comments of the vid. I haven't watched the second one yet, but: in the first video, the content is presented in such a very well organized and so easy to understand manner, even for someone who's quite unrelated to such topics. I really did think this way, right in the first quarter of it while watching.

Edited by Sevi

@Joseph Maynor you are missing one point buddy... you create your reality. Whatever is true in your reality is not in mine. Hope one day you will awaken to that... Peace! ;) 

17 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor you are missing one point buddy... you create your reality. Whatever is true in your reality is not in mine. Hope one day you will awaken to that... Peace! ;) 

There is no you and me.  That would be dualism.  It’s a little bit more wild than that.  Non-duality makes no distinctions.  Saying I create my reality is Egoic.  You create your reality — how Egoic is that!   I get mine and you get yours.  Me me me, mine mine mine, yours yours yours.  You see?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

By the way, the last video is one of the most inspiring things I have ever came across with in my life... 

I couldn't wait to write this as a comment under the vid.

Edited by Sevi

22 minutes ago, Sevi said:

By the way, the last video is one of the most inspiring things I have ever came across with in my life... 

Yeah, it was fantastic!

15 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

Yeah, it was fantastic!

The only thing that I ask of Leo is that he put 100% of his heart into his work.  I’m less concerned with what he says.  If the heart is in the work, it is good!  It’s like Louis Armstrong said about music — if it sounds good, it is good! If the heart is in the work, then it’s true from an artistic standpoint.  That’s all I care about at this point.  But I also realize Leo has more to worry about than just pleasing me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

Yeah, it was fantastic!

YES! "Fantastic" is a better word for it!