Leo Gura

New 6-Part Osho Cult Documentary Just Out On Netflix

187 posts in this topic

Im a little confused as to what Mr Osho was doing during this, was he standing behind all these acts? I mean clearly Sheelas companion murdered someone behind his back so...guess he didnt know everything

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Osho's personal secretary Sheela and her fascist gang have contaminated his name while he was observing silence , and was not in contact with other members of commune .

Judas, one of the most prominent disciples of Jesus, betrayed him. Mahavira's own son-in-law betrayed him. Buddha's own cousin-brother, Devadatta, betrayed him.  It is not an exception, but a rule.

I know @Prabhaker  I was thinking also about Peter, who denied him too... that's true.

I know that Osho's teachings are true, I think the problem was he wanted to do such a big thing. Difficult to control so many egos.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

I was a Rajneeshee in India.

You can judge yourself !

Nice! Lol... she was crazy

Watching her declarations it is very clear that she didn't understand "dharma"

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

The day a guru's farts and shit don't stink is the day I will say they are cut from a different cloth.

Sweet ideas/theories and ability to speak well isn't a super power. 

I think people need to contemplate death more, imagine you're about to get shot in the head and what that means to you right in this moment, in my case it means i'm taking all this bullshit and nonsense too seriously and nothing is concrete or "real" in any definition.

This whole human experience is way too bizarre. I don't even know what all this is anymore.

The other day I was so exhausted my consciousness was so weak, reality felt exactly like a dream as I fell into non existent oblivion yet again.

@blazed Death should be the closest most intimate friend you know. It’s right here sitting next to me on the couch quietly waiting for me to acknowledge him, but I’ve been looking elsewhere or simply ignoring him, “ehh I’ll probably live up to 95 and pass away.” Little did I know at the time that I was already dead. Death was trying to tell me this but I wouldn’t and couldn’t allow myself to believe him.

EBDCA2D8-E763-4ED6-9F58-1D22C353595C.jpegA0D40030-22CE-49A2-916A-916DCC7DF133.jpeg

On 3/18/2018 at 11:33 AM, Moreira said:

I cannot believe that Leo accept the mainstream media version of Osho without investigating deeply tre truth. Its clear that was a government plot to discredit osho even a conspiracy to poison him and kill him. Leo do you know who owns the media channels and netflix right?

Are there any specific statements made in the series you believe were lies? 

And btw netflix is not government owned. It is a publicly traded company with a bunsh of institutional and private investors. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Osho was reckless AND the government probably put him on thier shit list.

It's the government's job to maintain a sense of dualistic reality on behalf of their egoic population.

We cannot have a guru becoming too popular. He will always be taken down once his influence starts to destablize the status quo enough.

Gurus must keep a low profile. Not rock the boat too much. Which is why gurus are traditionally confined to a small isolated community which never gets mainstream coverage so the populace at large has no idea such things as awakening are possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

­First off, thank you for the recommendation of this documentary, Leo. This is a fascinating story that I had absolutely no idea happened. I had read Osho’s book Emotional Wellness at the start of this year (I thought it was just okay, not as impressive as I thought it would be, honestly). Anyway, I think the documentary was well done and a great example of groupthink and the dangers of collective egos. For those who are familiar with the spiritual path and enlightenment, the tragic irony of it all was very obvious in a way that was a little funny and a little sad. When you think about it, a “Spiritual Community” is almost an oxymoron, because the spiritual path is highly individualistic. It is a journey inward. Many masters became enlightened after suffering in isolation. Jesus spent 40 days in the desert, Buddha sat under a tree for a week, Zarathustra apparently spent 10 years in the mountains, “6000 feet beyond man and time” and became enlightened.

What mainly bothered me about the whole ordeal was that Sheela was obviously very unconscious but still put in charge by Osho, an enlightened master, to run the community and speak on his behalf. I can’t argue that she seemed to do a good job of managing the initial planning and building of the city’s infrastructure, but someone like Osho should have had the foresight that it was a huge risk to have her in charge. She worshipped Osho as an idol and was in love with him, she would have done anything for him and I feel he must have known that. He even claimed that she left the community because she was mad that he wouldn’t make love to her. So, obviously, he was aware on at least some level of her infatuation for him. It seems highly probable to me that Osho had her in charge because it was so easy to manipulate her into doing everything for him, including dirty work. I find it hard to believe that he didn’t know about any her schemes until the day after she left him, and if he did, why would he continue to let her be in charge? Did this bother anyone else or just me?

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

@zenjen Possible.

My impression of Osho (and this could just be my projection), was that he was so absorbed in nonduality he didn't give a fuck about human afairs here on Earth. And so things here on Earth got out of hand.

If Osho didn't want to be involved with managing a community, he shouldn't have started such a big one.

He also may have had parts of his shadow which he never worked through. His love of luxury, oppulance, sex, drugs, and adoration from fans all seem fishy. Those are lower chakra desires.

It was obvious to me from the get-go, when Sheela said that she didn't care about enlightenment or meditation, but only serving Osho, that that would lead to great evil.

You cannot have a human being leading a spirtual community of 1000s who is herself not doing any spiritual purifcation work. That will lead to obvious disaster. A leader must be more conscious than her followers, and always working to improve and humble herself.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@zenjen

If Osho didn't want to be involved with managing a community, he shouldn't have started such a big one.

Totally agree with that. I think he didn't want to manage the community but he loved the attention from the Sannyasis...

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@zenjen Possible.

My impression if Osho (and this could just be my projection), was that he was so absorbed in nonduality he didn't give a fuck about human afairs here on Earth. And so things here on Earth got out of hand.

@Leo Gura That's what I was suspicious about, too. Obviously, in the grand scheme of the universe, a few lives lost doesn't make much of a difference but Sheela was using that as a justification even though she herself was unconscious. I'm betting Osho was the only source of her belief in this. If she was conscious, she would have never stated that publicly in the first place because she would have known that the common folk of America would not understand her and would demonize the whole community for saying such a thing.

Edited by zenjen

– Zen Proverb

@Leo Gura I guess it just makes me sad that someone with enough consciousness to understand the human psyche would potentially use that power to manipulate unconscious people into doing things they don't fully understand for themselves, and willing to let them be criminally charged because of it.

Edited by zenjen

– Zen Proverb

@zenjen You'll be less sad when you realize there is no choice in the matter. Everything is perfect and inevitable. An enlightened master has no control.

1 hour ago, zenjen said:

I guess it just makes me sad that someone with enough consciousness to understand the human psyche would potentially use that power to manipulate unconscious people into doing things they don't fully understand for themselves, and willing to let them be criminally charged because of it.

Lot of people know Osho because he was notorious, controversial. You can either love him or hate him, but he is not ignored, even after his death. Today you may be loving a person, in future you can hate him. Similarly hate can also transform into love. 

He said in an interview,

I am not a politician. That is the ugliest thing that can happen to a man. I am not diplomatic. I do not want people to be manipulated politely. I am not a hypocrite, I simply say the truth as it is. If it hurts, it is your problem. If it creates enemies I am not worried, because the enemies are the first step to becoming my friends. They have already recognized me in their hate. They have already recognized their defeat and death. Now nobody can save them. They cannot ignore me. If they can ignore me, then there is no threat for them. That's why I have to be intense, fiery, and I have to hammer hard on each traditional value, because the only thing that I would not like is to be ignored.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@zenjen You'll be less sad when you realize there is no choice in the matter. Everything is perfect and inevitable. An enlightened master has no control.

Leo, the Mr.We dont control over our actions.

Im kidding but do this exercise (dont cheat).

Put your hand in the middle of the air.

Now, wave the hand to the right, now to the left, now to the right, now to the right.

See? If you didnt cheat, youd see yo ucontrol that

@Ether If I did that, you'd be the one controlling me.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Ether If I did that, you'd be the one controlling me.

No, you have control over your actions.

If you did that, you CHOSE to do that, I didnt make you do that.

Dont you see that you chose NOT to do that? See, you got free will!

1 hour ago, Vipassana said:

@Ether he doesn't exist

Yes, but we can only see his body :ph34r:

On 19/04/2018 at 10:48 PM, Ether said:

No, you have control over your actions.

If you did that, you CHOSE to do that, I didnt make you do that.

Dont you see that you chose NOT to do that? See, you got free will!

I've linked this before 1-2 years ago a couple of times, here we go again.

There is nothing free about waving your hand, the you waving your hand and saying "look, look, freewill" was all part of the equation, at least in theory they say... The best argument for freewill was the quantum mechanics but upon further research I concluded there is convincing argument that it doesnt prove freewill and just people making bold claims before they know the full truth, yet again, as always.

Edited by blazed