Leo Gura

New 6-Part Osho Cult Documentary Just Out On Netflix

187 posts in this topic

And youre basing this on the fact that youve met everyone one on this forum? Do you really think everyone in Osho's commune were nutcases? Dont be so quick to judge.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

SFRL is sticking up for OSHO by making a comparison to this forum. I mean you can make a comparison to any group of people.

How do you know your work colleague sat next to right now doesn't have someone chained up in the basement? Looking at some of the facebook groups I'm a member of, I don't think many of them would last on a commune desert island with insufficient resources, they would rip each-others eye balls out in a second.

10 hours ago, JustinS said:

@Prabhaker Great, thanks! This is my first time hearing about this with Osho. I never knew he had such large number of followers. 

The documentary is getting more and more interesting. 

"I tell you the county (Wasco) is so fucking bigoted, it deserves to be taken over." - Sheela 

Same thing here, I didn't know about it. And it's crazy how they made that city so quick. Awesome.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

43 minutes ago, Rilles said:

And youre basing this on the fact that youve met everyone one on this forum? Do you really think everyone in Osho's commune were nutcases? Dont be so quick to judge.

Not all of them, but a lot of them.

On top of that I think a lot of them intellectually had this ideal of this great utopian community. All very stage green on the Spiral Dynamics scale.

But in practice they did not embody it. Therefore over time the ideal turned out to be a fantasy. 

* As far as the Rolls Royces go. I think Osho was really fucking with people. I mean he bought a ranch, had a whole fleet of airplanes, was feeding all these people, but look at the Rolls Royces they sure must have cost a lot of money.........

Just because the average person can dream up owning a Rolls Royce. 

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

But what would happen if we put all the followers of Actualized.org on a remote Island with just enough resources for everyone to survive if everyone worked perfectly together? 

We would make a paradise on earth, for sure...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

But what would happen if we put all the followers of Actualized.org on a remote Island with just enough resources for everyone to survive if everyone worked perfectly together

Well then it would then cease to be a paradise 

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

I keep saying it: Actualized.org attracts a lot of nutcases as well. 

Its is easy to talk bad on Osho and his cult right now.

But what would happen if we put all the followers of Actualized.org on a remote Island with just enough resources for everyone to survive if everyone worked perfectly together? Total mayhem I predict. 

I think when one watches the documentary it's a good moment to look in the mirror and reflect on oneself and ones surroundings. 

Yep! This is why i want to emphasize my last sentence. 

And your last sentence is very true. Imo building a community like that is only possible when people have integrated their shadows first. 

I want to point to 2 songs of MJ :D

First : Man in the mirror 

Second : Heal the World 

@Prabhaker Thanks, good stuff!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Very nice.  I haven’t studied Osho yet.  

Me either but i'm a fan of some of his meditations. Leo you should make a video on it

Running a high consciousness community is very challenging, especially when you get hundreds or thousands of people involved. The leader has to be extremely responsible and conscious, and even then, things will likely get out of hand behind his back, or after he dies.

A community's interactions are a direct reflection of their individual levels of consciousness and ego.

Collective ego is a very tricky thing to manage. Political factions will break out, and the leader has to know how to deal with them appropriately. Every spiritual community tends to splinter. This is true not just of spiritual communities but all communities in general. Nations have to crack down on splintering. Hence the American Civil War for example, and the stuff going on with Brexit, Spain, etc.

The challenge is maintaining unity without becoming a dictator. That's something even this forum faces.

It requires stage Turquoise consciousness to pull off well.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Running a high consciousness community is very challenging, especially when you get hundreds or thousands of people involved. The leader has to be extremely responsible and conscious, and even then, things will likely get out of hand behind his back, or after he dies.

A community's interactions are a direct reflection of their individual levels of consciousness and ego.

Collective ego is a very tricky thing to manage. Political factions will break out, and the leader has to know how to deal with them appropriately. Every spiritual community splinters.

I think that he let a lot of "mundane" things in the wrong hands. But, not sure about that...

4 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I think that he let a lot of "mundane" things in the wrong hands.

Osho's personal secretary Sheela and her fascist gang have contaminated his name while he was observing silence , and was not in contact with other members of commune .

Judas, one of the most prominent disciples of Jesus, betrayed him. Mahavira's own son-in-law betrayed him. Buddha's own cousin-brother, Devadatta, betrayed him.  It is not an exception, but a rule.

13 hours ago, SFRL said:

As far as the Rolls Royces go. I think Osho was really fucking with people.

Those Rolls Royces were not produced by the commune. They were presents from outside, from all over the world. And I was not their owner—I had given them to the commune. They were commune property, and I have not brought any of them with me; I have left them with the commune. Everything that I had has been left with the commune. I never owned anything.

I could purchase Rolls Royces, so that I could purchase anything. I have not purchased anything from the money produced by the commune because the commune never produced any money. The commune was absorbing money.

In fact all my royalties, all my books, all their profits were going to the commune. The situation is just the opposite—that I had given everything to the commune. Now, four hundred books in different languages were bringing millions of dollars in royalties, and those royalties were going to the commune.

If I had wanted to purchase Roll Royces, I could have purchased my own Rolls Royces, as many as I wanted, just out of my royalties.

~ Osho

Osho was not the owner of Roll Royces. He had no bank account, no property , not even pockets in his clothing,

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Sheela and her fascist gang have contaminated his name while he was observing silence

According to Sheela, he was talking to her every night, giving instructions how to handle certain things during his silent period. 

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

Osho was not the owner of Roll Royces. He had no bank account, no property , not even pockets in his clothing,

Well... except for that diamond Rolex xD

Poor Osho. It was so hard to be poor back then.

@Prabhaker Were you a Rashneeshee back in the days? Part of the Oregon thing too back then? 

To Sheela: "She did not prove to be a woman. She proved to be a perfect bitch." - Osho

Getting more and more interesting. 

Speaking of Osho, TRY DYNAMIC and KUNDALINI meditation. It was shown in the Documentary too. Effective for Spiritual Purification and Kundalini Awakenings. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well... except for that diamond Rolex xD

I don't possess anything. Even my dress I don't possess; it belongs to the commune.

And I use watches only made by my own people. This watch from Piaget will be quarter million dollars, but this is not Piaget -- anybody can be deceived, and these are not real diamonds, they are just stones. And my own people have made it. It has no value at all as far as money is concerned, but it is invaluable as far as their love is concerned.

I use only my own people's things -- from my shoes up to my cap everything is made by my own people.

Osho Book Name: The Last Testament, Vol 4

In the first place, what do you think of this watch? How many million dollars it will be? This is the cheapest watch you can find anywhere in the world. It is made by my own sannyasins, and these are not diamonds. These are pure stones, authentic sincere stones. And it costs nothing.

But it is invaluable. Even for one billion dollars I will not sell it. It is made with such love that it cannot be sold.

Osho Book Name: The Last Testament, Vol 3

2 hours ago, Hsinav said:

According to Sheela, he was talking to her every night, giving instructions how to handle certain things during his silent period. 

People who are spiritually-oriented are stargazers. Sheela was not a stargazer. The reason Osho had appointed her, his secretary. She wanted nobody to meet him, for the simple reason because they may inform me what is going on in the commune and what she is doing there. She was not interested in meditation, she was interested in making roads, houses—which meditators would need. And she did her job well. Just one percent she took advantage of the opportunity, because Osho was not available to others during silence period. Five thousand people she could manipulate in Osho's name, by saying, "This is what our Beloved Master wants."

2 hours ago, JustinS said:

Were you a Rashneeshee back in the days? Part of the Oregon thing too back then? 

I was a Rajneeshee in India.

2 hours ago, JustinS said:

To Sheela: "She did not prove to be a woman. She proved to be a perfect bitch." - Osho

You can judge yourself !