Leo Gura

New 6-Part Osho Cult Documentary Just Out On Netflix

187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JustinS said:

It all went to shit went Sheela decides to arm themselves with guns.

OSHO: The reason for those guards is because I have been attacked many times in my life: I have been poisoned; an attempt was made to kill me with a knife before then thousand sannyasins -- and twenty police officers, because they got the message that something was going to happen that morning, so they reached in time before the knife was thrown at me. The man was caught red-handed. Ten thousand witness, twenty police officers as witnesses -- and still the man was freed by the court with punishment.

Now, if my people feel to protect me, I am not going to interfere, for the simple reason that I don't interfere. If somebody is going to assassinate me, I will say hi to him, too. I will not interfere.

And if my people who love me want to protect me -- and what protection? In a nuclear world, do you think those guns mean anything? Except for their love for me, those guns are toy guns. What can they do?

But I respect their love. I don't care about their guns. And those guns are not for the integrity of the community. The community is integrated on its own. Those guns have nothing to do with it. And those guns have not been used for four years to harm anybody. And they will never be used to harm anybody.

But if somebody tries to harm the community, certainly, we will do everything to fight back. I believe in tit for tat.

@Prabhaker Great, thanks! This is my first time hearing about this with Osho. I never knew he had such large number of followers. 

The documentary is getting more and more interesting. 

"I tell you the county (Wasco) is so fucking bigoted, it deserves to be taken over." - Sheela 

Its not surprising that it all spun out of control, think of how frightening it must be for regular old Joe to know thay there are Tantric orgies of thousands going on in their rural backwater haha.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles And that was in Oregon! Full of left-wing pot-smoking hippies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 18.3.2018 at 4:32 AM, Leo Gura said:

This should be an interesting watch. Sounds like they have some rare behind-the-scenes footage.

I started watching it. It's awesome. Very much recommended. It's in-depth on the implications Osho had on his people and his surroundings.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And that was in Oregon! Full of left-wing pot-smoking hippies.

People in commune were mostly white, highly-educated and affluent. In the Rajneeshpuram there were rules about no drugs and alcohol. 

There was also a group of psychologists from the University of Oregon, professors Norm Sundberg and Richards Littman and Hagan, and graduate student named Carl Latkin, who wrote articles and a dissertation out of data they collected at the Ranch. This latter group published a research note in the journal Sociological Analysis in 1987 which conveyed a demographic and psychological picture of Ranch residents gathered from surveys done in 1983.

Their findings were pretty interesting. 54% of residents were women. The average age was around 34 and74% of residents were married. The other 26% either single, divorced, widowed or separated. 65% reported that they were living with their spouses. 75% had been sannyasins for more than 3 years, nearly half for more than 5 years and 63% had lived at an Osho center before moving to the Ranch. 91% were Caucasian and 60% reported themselves as not being religious before taking sannyas. When asked “How did you first hear of Rajneeshism?” 40% mentioned friends and 30% said books or tapes.

Ranch residents were incredibly well educated compared to the general population, 95% having graduated from high school and 64% from university. Fully 36% of the residents had a masters or doctoral degree. About 60% of the degrees were in arts and humanities or social sciences. Almost 50% of Ranch residents came from cities of 100,000 or larger, an urban group, to be sure. 62% professed liberal or radical politics, and 36% said they were neither liberal nor conservative. 66% said the highest earned income they had seen was $30,000 a year or less.

As for psychological well-being and mental health, these sannyasins scored quite high as compared to the general population. 93% reported being in the top two categories of life satisfaction. Their mean rating on the Perceived Stress Scale was 15.22, much lower as compared to 23.34 for the general population in one study. The mean score on the Interpersonal Support Evaluation List was 37.91 as compared to 36.5, the higher score indicating more perceived social support. The mean on the Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale was 5.86, much lower than a study which yielded means of 7.94 to 9.25 for US Caucasians. On the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale the mean was 35.71 as compared to a general study of 29.82, much higher.

These findings were summarized as showing that Ranch residents scored much higher on measures of affluence, education, mental health and psychological well-being than the US population as a whole.

Most talented man ever Ted Gardestad, Sweden, who was great in whatever he did.

He was a musician and had success at eurovision but even more success outside Eurovision with many classical Swedish popalbums.

He also played tennis, and was the greatest player together with Bjorn Borg in Sweden, he even beat him occasionally. 

Anyway, he was a fan of Osho and decided to live in his community, in the bagwan movement. Unfortunately he came home and become depressed, and finally killed himself at the age of 41.

This man was pure in his heart. So kind and lovable. People couldn't stand to see him that pure and happy. And media and rumours start to spread that he killed our prime minister Olof Palme in 1986. People were mean to him. 

But as @Prabhaker once said, true masters are not tolerated in this world. They either be killed or killed themselves. Ted was not only enlightened, but he had so much love and kindness in him. 

Just look at these clips. What a pure soul.

What do you think of him @Prabhaker ?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden

Ted had underlying schizophrenia, and you can't teach Enlightment to a thousand people at once, many are gonna misinterpret it, some will go "mad" as Ted did. I have a feeling Ted learned some uncomfortable truths or had trauma bubble up from Osho's Dynamic Meditation.

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@MarkusSweden

Ted had underlying schizophrenia, and you can't teach Enlightment to a thousand people at once, many are gonna misinterpret it, some will go "mad" as Ted did. I have a feeling Ted learned some uncomfortable truths or had trauma bubble up from Osho's Dynamic Meditation.

Ted was too pure for this world. A kind of "larger then life" character. 

I love Ted, he had no schizophrenia. 

There is no sign of sanity to adjust to a profound sick society. 

Men du kan ha rätt i att han kom i kontakt med en del obehagliga sanningar. Man blir medveten om det onödiga lidandet i världen när sanningar bubblar upp. Eller hur? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Kanske har du rätt... Vem vet! Fin själ var han allt9_9

@MarkusSweden

Ted was on the edge of a meltdown many times, he often took antidepressants when performing. 

Probably 95% of the people in Sweden who knows about Osho, knows him as the cult leader of the nasty, dangerous cult in Oregon that led to Ted,s suicide.

47 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

People in commune were mostly white, highly-educated and affluent. In the Rajneeshpuram there were rules about no drugs and alcohol. 

There was also a group of psychologists from the University of Oregon, professors Norm Sundberg and Richards Littman and Hagan, and graduate student named Carl Latkin, who wrote articles and a dissertation out of data they collected at the Ranch. This latter group published a research note in the journal Sociological Analysis in 1987 which conveyed a demographic and psychological picture of Ranch residents gathered from surveys done in 1983.

Their findings were pretty interesting. 54% of residents were women. The average age was around 34 and74% of residents were married. The other 26% either single, divorced, widowed or separated. 65% reported that they were living with their spouses. 75% had been sannyasins for more than 3 years, nearly half for more than 5 years and 63% had lived at an Osho center before moving to the Ranch. 91% were Caucasian and 60% reported themselves as not being religious before taking sannyas. When asked “How did you first hear of Rajneeshism?” 40% mentioned friends and 30% said books or tapes.

Ranch residents were incredibly well educated compared to the general population, 95% having graduated from high school and 64% from university. Fully 36% of the residents had a masters or doctoral degree. About 60% of the degrees were in arts and humanities or social sciences. Almost 50% of Ranch residents came from cities of 100,000 or larger, an urban group, to be sure. 62% professed liberal or radical politics, and 36% said they were neither liberal nor conservative. 66% said the highest earned income they had seen was $30,000 a year or less.

As for psychological well-being and mental health, these sannyasins scored quite high as compared to the general population. 93% reported being in the top two categories of life satisfaction. Their mean rating on the Perceived Stress Scale was 15.22, much lower as compared to 23.34 for the general population in one study. The mean score on the Interpersonal Support Evaluation List was 37.91 as compared to 36.5, the higher score indicating more perceived social support. The mean on the Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale was 5.86, much lower than a study which yielded means of 7.94 to 9.25 for US Caucasians. On the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale the mean was 35.71 as compared to a general study of 29.82, much higher.

These findings were summarized as showing that Ranch residents scored much higher on measures of affluence, education, mental health and psychological well-being than the US population as a whole.

like one of those guys from Antelope said: People were educated beyond their intelligence. 

3 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

@MarkusSweden

Ted was on the edge of a meltdown many times, he often took antidepressants when performing. 

Probably 95% of the people in Sweden who knows about Osho, knows him as the cult leader of the nasty, dangerous cult in Oregon that led to Ted,s suicide.

Ted wasn't meant for the spotlight. Fame is for mediocre people. Truth, wisdom and pure love have no place at celebrity level. 

His meltdown was a sign of a healthy response to the circumstances he put himself into in order to deliver purity and love to the people through his songs. 

Are you from Sweden btw? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

8 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

There is no sign of sanity to adjust to a profound sick society. 

World is very cruel.

Rumours about his involvement in murder of Olof Palme affected the sensitive Ted. He unexpectedly left his family and friends and moved to the Rajneeshpuram in Oregon, United States. Three years later, after Osho was convicted for immigration fraud, he has to move back to Sweden . He was again the subject of rumors accusing him of being Lasermannen, a bank robber and serial killer.

8 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

He was again the subject of rumors accusing him of being Lasermannen, a bank robber and serial killer.

It's hard to find words how sad that is. Sad for our species, sad for humanity. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

The very same person who introduced me to Osho´s teachings one time said when we were discussing Ted:

"To bad he got dragged in to a nasty cult and ended up killing himself" not knowing she talked about Osho and his people. Lol.

Because of Ted,s suicide, Rajneeshpuram is widely and heavily demonized here in Sweden. 

@MarkusSweden

Jepp Svensk.

Holy shit, Osho attracted a lot of looney's. I watched the entire documentary and its pretty shocking to me to see such low conscious behaviour from a spiritual community. 

To me it seems like a lot of followers just wanted to be part of a group to boost their (spiritual) ego's. A lot of us vs the rest behaviour. 

I really wonder if they were truly wanting to wake up and work on their shadows. It seems like a lot of them were only in it to feel special and be part of a group. 

This became really evident when the outside pressure got higher. It made a lot of shadows come out of the dark. Trying to murder and poison people because your little community is under threat...Damn 

This documentary was a big reminder for me to walk this path alone! 

Edited by Double Dutch
Typo

There are stark differences between Osho and Sadhguru... Osho to me was a fraud the second he opened his mouth. That is not to say he didn't experience enlightenment or some form it, and it is also not to say its 'wrong' to enjoy material goods and even women, but he turned his spiritual practice into cult rather than how Sadhguru does it. 

Sadhguru has moved millions in India to plant trees, whereas, Osho accepted millions in cars. Totally different types of people. 

Edited by Angelo John Gage

7 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

There are stark differences between Osho and Sadhguru... Osho to me was a fraud the second he opened his mouth. That is not to say he didn't experience enlightenment or some form it, and it is also not to say its 'wrong' to enjoy material goods and even women, but he turned his spiritual practice into cult rather than how Sadhguru does it. 

Sadhguru has moved millions in India to plant trees, whereas, Osho accepted millions in cars. Totally different types of people. 

Osho had great sense of humor and liked to provoke mainstream culture. He was not into materialism. He exposed the absurd materialism that runs in society. His cars was an easy way to show how people make fools out of themselves by only debating his cars.

The jealousy was enormous. Mainstream society felt threatened and all of a sudden there were no interests in his philosophy or teachings, journalist and mainstream society only wanted to know about the cars. They couldn't tolerate it. 

Osho was not afraid to be hated and to have enemies, he could use that energy to turn it into something good. 

Osho was dedicated to life, joy, happiness, love, dance. And his "selfish" behaviour came out of selflessness. But people won't get that. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

34 minutes ago, Double Dutch said:

Holy shit, Osho attracted a lot of lonney's. I watched the entire documentary and its pretty shocking to me to see such low concsious behaviour from a spiritual community. 

To me it seems like a lot of followers just wanted to be part of a group to boost their (spiritual) ego's. A lot of us vs the rest behaviour. 

I really wonder if they were truly wanting to wake up and work on their shadows. It seems like a lot of them were only in it to feel special and be part of a group. 

This became really evident when the outside pressure got higher. It made a lot of shadows come out of the dark. Trying to murder and poison people because your little community is under threat...Damn 

This documentary was a big reminder for me to walk this path alone! 

I keep saying it: Actualized.org attracts a lot of nutcases as well. 

Its is easy to talk bad on Osho and his cult right now.

But what would happen if we put all the followers of Actualized.org on a remote Island with just enough resources for everyone to survive if everyone worked perfectly together? Total mayhem I predict. 

I think when one watches the documentary it's a good moment to look in the mirror and reflect on oneself and ones surroundings.