Leo Gura

New 6-Part Osho Cult Documentary Just Out On Netflix

187 posts in this topic

@Dino D Most mathematicians are also good people. But some of them are also rapists.

Understanding of mathematics is indepedent of rape. You can do both. And most people will only do the former.

It would be a mistake to say that if person X raped someone, he is a bad mathematician. Maybe he's a bad teacher, because teachers should also be good rolemodels. But his understanding of mathematical truths is untouched.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

No one can assure you enlightenment exists, though you can meet people who've claimed to have awakened and speak/be with them (and experience glimpses of their state), and that's the best evidence you can get.

However, we can know what un-enlightenment is, and there are degrees of it: being identified with beliefs, thought, and body, which we know can diminish (so it can end completely), and unenligthenment is constantly thinking, which can stop as well.

Thinking allows us to be sceptic and critical... If I speak with people who have awakend/experienced that state, I can only think of what they say and belive what they experienced... I dont belive that first person subjective experience is valid evidence. Evan if I experience it, how can I know (prove, understand and back up) what this actually was, how could I know for shure.

A schizophreniac knows and experiences that he is a lest say a bird.

A common human experiences his body and identity, his flash and thinks he is a materijal being

A enligtened human thinks he does not exist, and he is one with threes. If we take it further he thinks he is right now being raped infinite times, and being a superstar at the same moment, a bug, a bacteria, a planet, and everything in every moment. hmmm

So againg, first person experience is valid? not at all. Enlightenment is a true experience, people really do experience this state, but what it is, what it means, and what does this mean to reality, materialism is pure dogma and assumptions...

Well given almost all rape and murder is done out of fear (a calling out for help), that makes it unlikely the someone who knows it's oneness would hurt itself, given it would not see any benefit in it. 

But I guess it can occur in some scenario's though there would be no ill-feeling in it, no judgement or hate, so still very different. 

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Dino D Most mathematicians are also good people. But some of them are also rapists.

Understanding of mathematics is indepedent of rape. You can do both. And most people will only do the former.

It would be a mistake to say that if person X raped someone, he is a bad mathematician.

I don't know from which guru you got this idea but I really don't agree with you on that. Mathematician is not the same as Enlightenment. Rape is act of horrible egoism and dis-functionality. Enlightenment dissolves all the ego and egoistic desires... You are contradicting yourself... 

Edited by egoless

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be a mistake to say that if person X raped someone, he is a bad mathematician. Maybe he's a bad teacher, because teachers should also be good rolemodels. But his understanding of mathematical truths is untouched.

That right there is anallogy.

Most good gymnastic girs are thin. (99%) if a girl has 200 kilogram, she is probbably a bad gymnastic. Most blind people cant be painters. Being blind and painting must not be colerated, but it its. Being enlightened and good, it has to go together like painting a house and seing vs. painting a house and being blind. enlightenedxgood=mathematicsxgood is not right... All known enlightened people are good, I aslo asked if you know the bad ones?

however all of that is logic and analogy, not a fact or evidence.

We have three questions here, is osho enlightened(fully)? is osho a good person? and do enlightened persons have to be good (at least as a general rule)?

So we need concrete methods and evidence to prove that. I dont know those for shure (Who am I to know that)? Jesuses method was looking at someones fruits... Fruits of a diet, of a trainer, of a professor, of a lawyer or what not are a good prove of they credibility and teaching, thats evidence. OSHOS personal life, and his followers are not really evidences of the claims and teachings given by his book... 

I have also my method-you just know and see it... You see the person, you analyze it, you look in his eyes, you feel him, you see bulshit, the subtle ones, you see love and understandig, true knowing, credibility and authenticy... When i watch Rupert Spira, his body language, his eyes, his understanding, way of acting and everythink, THE GUY IS JUST REAL AND I SEE THAT EVERY WORD THAT HE SAIS THAH IT IS TRUE FOR HIM AND THAT HE REALLY FEELS SO AND BELIVES SO AND -IS SO-. Mojiji is also near but he hes some questionable aspects, but OSHO, many circus there, but not really his style, his eyes, his ,,aura" and if you get sceptic to him and his saying, there are some stupid claims, and then the rols roys, the money the using of followers... of course, my method is not valid and scientific at all, and we can not relay on it...

11 minutes ago, Dino D said:

When i watch Rupert Spira, his body language, his eyes, his understanding, way of acting and everythink, THE GUY IS JUST REAL AND I SEE THAT EVERY WORD THAT HE SAIS THAH IT IS TRUE FOR HIM AND THAT HE REALLY FEELS SO AND BELIVES SO AND -IS SO-. Mojiji is also near

I absolutely agree on that. Rupert is the greatest spiritual teacher alive! And he is such a humble and kind person.

Edited by egoless

So did anyone watch the documentary yet? 

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

I absolutely agree on that. Rupert is the greatest spiritual teacher alive! And he is such a humble and kind person.

He also charges 1000 to 3000 euro a 5 day retreat, he sells everything, stay sceptic to our idol, however i dont see it by observing him, he just seams so real, and his fruits are his life and his persinality, also he has no cult and his videos helped me many times... he litallary stopped sometimes my panic attacks... maybe he has money, but i think he stayed a very simply man... or he has become it, who knows how he was ,,before"

11 minutes ago, Dino D said:

He also charges 1000 to 3000 euro a 5 day retreat, he sells everything, stay sceptic to our idol, however i dont see it by observing him, he just seams so real, and his fruits are his life and his persinality, also he has no cult and his videos helped me many times... he litallary stopped sometimes my panic attacks... maybe he has money, but i think he stayed a very simply man... or he has become it, who knows how he was ,,before"

His direct method of inquiry helped me the most to grasp the True nature of existence. He just simply has the most direct teaching out of all I have ever listened to. And of course you should not idolize anyone... that's not what I am doing here.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Be ware of confusing being enlightened with being a good human being or being a good teacher. These are all very different things.

What you are talking about is the ideal of sainthood, which is WAY beyond enlightenment.

Ok, that makes a bit more sense to me...  anyway is a topic I would like to understand more deeply.

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

P.S. I am still waiting for you guys to buy me my first Roll's Royce ;)

I think Sadhguru is onto something even greater 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

I don't know from which guru you got this idea but I really don't agree with you on that. Mathematician is not the same as Enlightenment. Rape is act of horrible egoism and dis-functionality. Enlightenment dissolves all the ego and egoistic desires... You are contradicting yourself...

Jesus did when he took a whip and went into the temple and threw out the money-changers, started beating those money-changers, turned their tables. That's what he was doing - acting. It was just an act, a put-upon act. A meditative person cannot be angry; that is impossible.

No moral code is universal. 

When social systems change, many things suddenly become absurd and obsolete. There was a time when if a woman was not kidnapped by some man it was thought no one loved her, that she was an ugly and unwanted woman. In those days kidnapping was a way of honoring women.

Of course, that time is past, and we are in different times. But even today if inside a university campus a young woman is never brushed against by a young man while passing in the corridors, she feels rejected and miserable; there is no end to her unhappiness.

Even today in India, the bridegroom with a sword in his hand is made to ride a horse when he leaves for the house of his bride. A horse and a sword don’t fit with marriage today; they are just relics of ancient customs.

When Buddha left his kingdom, his son was only one day old, he left the palace without informing his young wife, his father , he was his only son. Do you find this an act of compassion ?

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Of course, that time is past, and we are in different times. But even today if inside a university campus a young woman is never brushed against by a young man while passing in the corridors, she feels rejected and miserable; there is no end to her unhappiness

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, egoless said:

Rupert is the greatest spiritual teacher alive! And he is such a humble and kind person.

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

he has no cult

Lol

2 hours ago, egoless said:

Enlightenment dissolves all the ego and egoistic desires... You are contradicting yourself...

A) No, it doesn't.

B) Nonduality means there is no difference between ego and enlightenment.

You are conflating being a good person with enlightenment. Those are two very different things.

Rape is act of horrible egoism and dis-functionality.

That's your ego's judgment.

From the enlightenment perspective, there is no such thing as egoism or dysfunction.

Devil = God

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

So did anyone watch the documentary yet? 

Watching it right now.

:-)

I watched the first episode. And I was going to say that is good to see it with an open mind. At least the first episode shows that Osho's idea was really good. There's testimony of people who were with him, they are the main "actors" in this doc. They went to talk with Sheela that was her most immediate secretary, helper, advisor, etc. She is telling us her version of the events.

I don't see something biased against Osho in the documentary, at least in the first episode.

What I am trying to say is that everyone will have his own interpretation. I am seeing it and I don't see nothing wrong about the Ashram Osho's did.

I wouldn't go to a place like that, but because I don't think is my path to be there in a commune. But for others can be good. IDK.

There's parts where they show Osho handcuffed. You have to options... one is to think "Did you see? I was right! Osho was an impostor!"

Or

you can think... "Ok, maybe he was a threat to society and someone made a trap to send him to jail"

You don't have to assume without even watching it that is something bad against him. It is not.

And I wanted to add that I think Osho's teachings are really good and mindbending. But I also want to know all aspects of his life. Because is really an awesome life that he had. I didn't have idea he was such a powerful leader.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Where do you see cult here? :)  

To you Sadhguru is better teacher but that's your viewpoint. It is nothing has to do with the cults... 

Edited by egoless

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Saying that someone is great, or that you like someone (a teaching of someone) is not cult... I admire you also, but I'm not a Leo cult member. I criticize many of Ruperts videos and teachings like I do yours, I dont give a fuck about him as a person, I dont follow him blindly or buy anything from him. And his followers are generally not like that-(like cult members), but I'm shure that there are some. With Osho, Oshos lifestlye, the lyfestyle of his followers we can see much more cult like behavior, or just pure cult...

Every perspective finds different teachers and their teachings more valuable than others. For me my 3 gurus are Osho, Rupert Spira and Leo. In yesterday’s video Leo said that good book is filled with metaphysical stuff. Osho’s books are GOLD MINE OF METAPHYSICS http://www.oshorajneesh.com/osho-books-free-download.htm I started to read them as materialist. Now that I read those books with understanding that reality is not physical, them seems to be more profound  and it is unbelievable how one man can contain that much knowledge, understanding of life and that high level of consciousness.

I am quite sure that Leo will speak about Osho more in the future. Because Osho has put in words such subtle mind mechanisms and psychological understanding that helps people to join everyday life with non-duality.