billiesimon

Should I change friends?

6 posts in this topic

I've started to practice self help and pickup from this year, and I feel a lot of weight on my "soul", so to speak, about my old lifestyle.

My ex gf was too idle in her life, and now I feel like it's been a nice thing that she left me. 

Now, I'm starting to feel "out of place" with my social circle, which is made of people just like the me of the past years: lazy, whiny, passive with girls and victim mentality regarding dating, deeply materialist and sometimes very superficial friends.

I was like this for a long time, but now I start to feel very out of place with them, since I can't be understood and can't open up with them, they lead a very shallow and idle/victim kind of friendship. 
In a lot of pickup philosophy it is highly advised to change your friends if you have passive ones who don't resonate with you anymore.

The last time I hung out with them I felt completely inauthentic, faking a lot of beahaviours just not to seem out of place, and in the end I just remained quiet and stuck in my head all night. I feel like they enjoy talking about BS and criticizing people, and they don't connect with the person they have beside them. I feel like I can't really open up anymore. 

By the way, I have some single friends (2 or 3) that I'm deep friends with but they are not in a circle, they are just 3 friends I see sometimes, which are actually very well connected with me.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I quietly ditch the social circle and approach people to find more compatible friends?

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Listen to your heart and soul, its the only true answer for you.

B R E A T H E

Be yourself, fuck the costs! 

At least that's my new moto. Works well so far...

"Should I quietly ditch the social circle and approach people to find more compatible friends?"

Yes, you've outgrown them.  I completely understand why they might have that sort of mentality because of the times in which we live, but ultimately, it's better to improve your situation.   There's a lot of really cool people out there; they best way I've met them is through hobbies.  I don't know what's available in Italy, but the most interesting people I've met have been at skydiving centers, martial arts dojos, and in bands.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

6 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

"Should I quietly ditch the social circle and approach people to find more compatible friends?"

Yes, you've outgrown them.  I completely understand why they might have that sort of mentality because of the times in which we live, but ultimately, it's better to improve your situation.   There's a lot of really cool people out there; they best way I've met them is through hobbies.  I don't know what's available in Italy, but the most interesting people I've met have been at skydiving centers, martial arts dojos, and in bands.  

Thanks man, I need to focus on going out and socializing.

As @pluto said, my heart tells me that this is not my place anymore.

It's my ego that wants me to stay in the same place for a sense of security. I need to go out and find the people I resonate with. It's not easy because I've grown very socially lazy with my ex gf, but I have to endure it.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

just be yourslef. if it doesnt work out beuing yourself around them, then change friends. or spend less time arond yhem and look for new ones