Chrissy j

Question on Mastery

2 posts in this topic

When it comes to mastery, I was wondering if y’all think that mastery can only be found in certain areas for certain people. Do you guys think mastery can only be found on certain strengths and talents by certain people? For example, let’s say somebody sucks at something maybe like drawing, but do you think he could become a master? What if his brain just isn’t wired for the activity fully and he won’t ever be a Picasso? Or maybe his strengths aren’t in that area. Or maybe sports. Somebody’s physical body just isn’t capable to reach the highest levels. I used to think that it doesn’t matter anybody can do anything. But on nore inspection it seems not everything is actually possible for everyone. Of course don’t use that as an excuse to limit yourself. And I don’t really beleive in natural talent that much. I’m just thinking about how maybe on a biological or mental level some people won’t ever be as good at certain things as others. In some activities it seems not everyone is an equal and can’t reach the highest levels. Let me hear you thoughts. I feel like some of you might hate this idea haha.

@Chrissy j It is possible, but the opportunity for mastery arises when you follow your "Primal Inclinations" as Robert Greene states it. 

An example for me is natural movement. I love it. When i was 5 i would spend time in the back yard with my gramps who was deep squatting and planting veggies. This allowed me to learn about my body and how it relates to the world in a tactile way much sooner than most people. I have been tapping into this awareness over time and have developed a very intricate bodily awareness.

So my question for you is, what were you doing when you were 5? What do you remember doing that woke you up to the world of possibilites? Investigate that question and see where it leads you.