Paulus Amadeus

post your Business Idea's

17 posts in this topic

This thread for starting entrepeneurs (like me) to get some business idea's.

Figurred people can benefit from seeing what people would actually be willing to pay for and what there problems are. 

So the idea is to post:

1. the biggest problems you are experiencing right now in your life,

2. what kind of product you would like to buy to solve these problems and 

3. what would be the dream product you would like to buy

products can be both material, info-products, face to face coaching whatever.

I'll start.

1. not knowing how to do effective marketing when starting out, not knowing how effectively network, not knowing how to grow a following on social media, not having great sales skills (yeah pretty big list eh ;) ) not comming up with enough creative enough business idea's.

2. I would buy both an online product and/or a in real life product if I knew it was high quality for getting better at: how to do effective marketing when starting out,  how to get creative business idea's and how to network effectively.

3. The how to bootstrap your own bussiness from A to Z online product. Not with ready-made business idea's (totally not interested in that) but more all the general idea's and skills. So the how-to's with many many many detailed examples of how people did it etc. Furthermore a community would be nice too. 

But I would love many hyper detailed 'rags to riches' stories. That's one thing that the pick up industry has really nailed in my opinion in regards to succes in dating. 

Anyway, let me know your list!!

@Paulus Amadeus

Great thread idea.

One business idea I have (which I'm not attempting to execute on) is opening up a marketing and / or consulting agency specifically for conscious business owners.

It provides value because people in the consciousness community are often not effective in business. They don't learn it or they don't see value in it.

I've fallen into this trap myself. Sometimes I get so "spiritual" that I forget I have to actually make money and do my marketing properly.

It's also a way to help out amazing products come into being. If they're a conscious business owner, than what they are doing should be bringing real value to people.

@aurum yeah I think that's a very good idea. Provided you have the actual knowledge ;). I actually followed a business course here in Amsterdam that was supossed to be for conscious entrepeneurs. However it became clear to me that the people giving the course where not really conscious. They were just very good at marketing themselves as conscious and spiritual etc. Still they had some pretty valuable business insights that were good. But yeah, it was kind of painfull to see how cynically these people used their image as being conscious and spiritual just to make money.

I am 16. I to want start a business

The wants and needs of people vary, particularly depending on location.

The hard-wired drives of a human beings are:Air, Hydration, Food, Comfort and Pleasure, Sex, Self-Survival.

Humans are not designed to "seek truth", that gets in the way of maintaining Self-Survival, majorly.

Roughly, All desire and wants stem from these one way or the other. Maybe. I cannot be to sure.

In my local town in rural Ireland I have assessed the wants of the youth in my area by examining what they say and do. I have also noted what businesses are already set up in the town and are successful.

People in my school express a major capital interest and general interest in:

-Partying ( Comfort and Pleasure, and Sex)

-Alcoholic drinks ( Comfort and Pleasure)

-Gambling via betting (Often on Horse racing) (Comfort and Pleasure)

-Chipper, Chinese, Pizzeria and other Stodgey Food. ( Comfort and Pleasure and Food)

-Recreational use of Drugs (Most commonly Marijuana, Tobacco and Ecstasy) (Comfort and Pleasure)

-Fresh Skin Fades (Sex and Comfort and Pleasure)

-Rugby, Football (Comfort and Pleasure and Sex)

-Instagram and Snapchat(Comfort and Pleasure and Sex)

-Sugary Sweets (Comfort and Pleasure)

From this. I determine whether of not a business I set up will be profitable or not. More or less.

From these I can set up a business already being done in the town, or set up a new one that's different from the other businesses, but still satiates the general specific wants and desires people have.

As you can see, trying to set up a business that elevates other people will be a challenge.

I am considering on being a street barber. Giving people sick fades for less. Perhaps I could market some legal herbs (of which there are many) to the illegal drug junkie crowd.

Edited by Lorcan

On 3/17/2018 at 9:43 AM, aurum said:

@Paulus Amadeus

Great thread idea.

One business idea I have (which I'm not attempting to execute on) is opening up a marketing and / or consulting agency specifically for conscious business owners.

It provides value because people in the consciousness community are often not effective in business. They don't learn it or they don't see value in it.

I've fallen into this trap myself. Sometimes I get so "spiritual" that I forget I have to actually make money and do my marketing properly.

It's also a way to help out amazing products come into being. If they're a conscious business owner, than what they are doing should be bringing real value to people.

I agree with this so much.

It is indeed a HUGE trap. Not only in business, but in global politics.

Genetically modify snails with DNA from the Bufo Alvarius toads so that snails produce 5-MeO-DMT in their slime. Then sell the snails to people as pets which they can keep at home, harvest their slime, and trip their balls off in a legal way.

Patent pending ;)

Or hire a chemist to invent a totally new psychedelic compound which is not on any banned substances lists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here OP, I'll throw you an absolute diamond 

A lot of youtube ASMRtists seem not to make much money despite having huge followings and a willing audience. They just don't understand marketing so they're relying on low margin affiliates or the occasional sponsored video. It's already proven that people are willing to give them money for content but they don't know how to capitalize. Someone who understands funnels could easily become a consultant who builds campaigns for them with a simple free-content opt in, a warming e-mail follow up sequence then a pitch for an exclusive content membership for $20/month for example which could be done via patreon. They've already got the audience of invested people who love em so 99% of the work has already been done for you. A reasonable but low consulting fee would be $300 a month, at which they'd only need 15 conversions before it makes sense for the client to pay for your service. If you're good at making funnels, can help them write their e-mail copy and teach them how to pitch the opt in then I have confidence that you could help them make a lot more money than they're ever paying you. You could very easily manage 10 clients with only a few hours out of your week for an extra 35k/year minus expenses.

A minimum viable funnel generally can expect to make 1-2% conversions on an e-mail opt in list BEFORE any upsells or anything else. A lot of the channels have several hundred thousand subs, or in the 1mil+ range, so the most basic funnel you'd need about 1000 optins before the client breaks even, and anything beyond that is pure profit for them. If you're good I tink you could push that conversion rate to 5%, or higher given the unique kind of relationship that viewers have with ASMRtists.

If you really know what you're doing, you can confidently approach established channels and tell them you're going to help them make much more money than they're making... and then you actually help them make a lot more money. Fancy that. I wonder how hard it would be to make a sale like that? Harder than selling a single ebook? 

I would first do this at least once or twice for free to work out the kinks and establish solid testimonials and evidence that you could do it. It would also be very low pressure. 

You'd only need a few clients and you'd only work with those who have large established audiences so you have the maximum leverage and can make them the most amount of money the fastest. 

this is just one consulting model

Consulting is where the real moneys at

Edited by Arman

1. Organic Cannabis - So potent that the trichomes make the bud look fully white.

2. Replicate meat with a harmless substance that can be manually filled with all kinds of nutrients.

@Leo Gura Remember, snails are only a phenomenon. I'm not anti-psychedelic, but they can't expose you to everything. They may not even change your karma and fate. How you're going to walk the walk on earth is still left for you to figure out. This can't be ignored; you're here for a reason. Yes, because most of us don't want our fate to be like a tumbleweed. In business (startups), it's a lot easier to package something made for the ego than non-duality. You got to go about this carefully.

images.jpeg

Do you wanna try?

:/

@Paulus Amadeus Great questions:

So the idea is to post:

1. the biggest problems you are experiencing right now in your life,

2. what kind of product you would like to buy to solve these problems and 

3. what would be the dream product you would like to buy

products can be both material, info-products, face to face coaching whatever.

1. Mastery. I think this is one of the main barriers to why ppl are not going through successes in life and breaking through milestones. This is from my personal experience too. I do want to help ppl realize this much earlier in life.

2. Educational products. You know, you could create your own products to teach ppl and make it easy and fun for them.

3. If the dream product is actually helping ppl realize their potential, then it's successful. It's not so easy creating a dream product because it's not easy to communicate to ppl to convince themselves in a direction that's right for them. They also have to figure it out themselves. The entrepreneur is just the guide/teacher/pointer.

Here's what I have so far. I posted it here and here with a few connecting links. Hope it helps.

On 24/03/2018 at 5:59 AM, Paulus Amadeus said:

@Key ElementsI wanted to know what your specific problems were! Not what you think other people's problems are. 

O.o

Those are my problems. I'm still working on my mastery. I couldn't find good educational products on the market, so I'm planning to create my own to sell. Many bilingual teachers teach too fast. Students are not getting their lessons. Bilingual products also teach too fast. #3 are my brief thoughts on what my dream product will be to solve the problem.

Problems do not solve by you just thinking about yourself. You better be thinking about other ppl's problems; otherwise, why should they seek your help if there are no problems?

However, if you try to solve a problem (by creating a product), you got to make sure others are willing to buy it. It's a process. In the business world, it's not just about you and yourself. Does your product and your business (startup) actually help ppl? If not, it won't work. It won't sell. It's not solving any problems for others too. Then it's back to the drawing board.

Another question is: why does it have to be your problem? I mean, a person may be willing to become a doctor to cure brain cancer, but why should the doctor experience brain cancer?

It's not about your problems or their problems; it's about solving problems. 

On 17.3.2018 at 10:43 AM, aurum said:

@Paulus Amadeus

Why not? It's so desperately needed. Do you have the skills to market coscious content?

I want a wireless pair of earbuds that play 2 sources, allowing me to put one in the center and the other source panned fully left and right, so i can listen to a video like Leo’s, with AC/DC playing full boar while I run. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2018-03-20 at 8:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Genetically modify snails with DNA from the Bufo Alvarius toads so that snails produce 5-MeO-DMT in their slime. Then sell the snails to people as pets which they can keep at home, harvest their slime, and trip their balls off in a legal way.

Patent pending ;)

Or hire a chemist to invent a totally new psychedelic compound which is not on any banned substances lists.

-Haha that´s funny! :)

At first I thought that "why not just keep the toads as pets"....but _then_ I saw the genius in it!.......when high as f....toads are much more difficult to catch than snails....   :)   ;)