egoless

How to read books fast?

13 posts in this topic

What methods do you know? What web sources do you know? Maybe well done summaries or quotes? How can you boost your book reading at maximum?

I have a great speed reading workbook on my book list. You can increase your speed by 5x using that book. But you'll have to do all the exercises in it. It's a bit of chore to learn.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I only read the necessary parts and skim the unnecessary parts. Also before purchasing the book I go to google books to check the table of contents and introductory chapters as to judge whether the book is relevant for me or not.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Get audiobooks and listen to them at twice speed.  The Audible app lets you do this.  Sometimes I do it.  I try to only listen to audiobooks now so that I can adjust the reading speed to the way I want it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I don't suggest speed reading, soak up the contents of the book you're reading, take a minute to contemplate it instead.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura I've seen the book there for a while. I owned your book list for a long time but never bothered. If I want to maximize what I'm getting and be efficient should I do it? I heard you say you like to take your time.

Should I practice this skill? I don't know what the end result is.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

There is a method 1000 times faster to read a book. 

Reach the 12th dimension (Gold) and you can read in seconds all the content of any book only by touching it.

How to do it? There are several practices you can follow. Let me expose some.

1. Stay awake atleast 3 days.

2. Fast atleast 3 days while you meditate.

3. Haritaki suplement to speed up the prana in the system.

4. Many more options, but you have the Akasha to see them, good luck :) 

Namaste, Mfks!

@Quanty Can you do that? I'll list you 20 books and we'll talk about them in 3 days.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

On 3/16/2018 at 3:43 AM, Rilles said:

I don't suggest speed reading, soak up the contents of the book you're reading, take a minute to contemplate it instead.

Exactly.  Hell, take 20 minutes.  I set my books down all the time to think about something I just read.  I can't even Imagine reading without critiquing, analyzing, or sleuthing out meanings.  To read contemplatively is to do so slowly, without forcing or rushing, savoring a passage and allowing reflection to unfold.  Instead of reading to finish a book or to arrive at some point, contemplation allows us to let the book work on us.  I even write down or highlight favorite passages so I can revisit and reflect on them later on.

Personal Opinion: reading is a huge waste of time.

Instead you can listen to the breath while you project on anything of your interest & magic will happen.

Namaste, Mfks!

On 3/16/2018 at 8:43 AM, Rilles said:

Not learning skills like speed reading is like refusing to learn how to run when you can only walk. If you can speed read you can choose to read slower but if you can't even if you want to speed up you can't.

Hmm thats a good point, consider yourself heard good sir. 9_9

Dont look at me! Look inside!