TheEnlightenedWon

AMA: I am Enlightened, It's not like I thought it would be

43 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse Thanks. 

You are welcome!

And I also support @Nahm request ! About elaborating a bit more, if that's possible.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

If the Teacher was the Breath then you have my respects.

Namaste, Mfks!

giphy.gif

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

11 hours ago, TheEnlightenedWon said:

Nah

:(

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

12 hours ago, TheEnlightenedWon said:

Nah

C'mon you can't just leave us hanging like that :P.  You said we could ask you anything.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

@TheEnlightenedWon What do you mean by "Creating a habit of present moment awareness."

Could you tune into more human tone please? No I am not asking you to respond wittily.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

6 hours ago, starsofclay said:

@TheEnlightenedWon are you happy?

Sometimes

2 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

C'mon you can't just leave us hanging like that :P.  You said we could ask you anything.

^ Questions like "what is it like" and "can you tell us if XYZ (thing that can't be proven or disproven) is true?" are distractions in my experience.

@TheEnlightenedWon pretty much you can claim anything about anything right now and talk however you want.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

30 minutes ago, Phrae said:

@TheEnlightenedWon What do you mean by "Creating a habit of present moment awareness."

Could you tune into more human tone please? No I am not asking you to respond wittily.

I like this question.

Taking the time to sit, be, and observe. There will be many excuses that arise. See them for what they are. You are not the one making the excuses, they simply arise. Continue taking time to sit. Eventually coming to a place where thoughts quiet and I am at one with the experience. Sometimes the experience is very "unpleasant", "confusing", etc, and the mind wants to take over. There is nothing wrong with just experiencing these sensations.

Some of the things that helped me most were realizing:

1) I am not the creator of my thoughts. They arise.

2) I am not the creator of the sensations in my body. They arise.

3) You see: If I am not the creator of either the thoughts in my mind or the sensations in my body, then who is desiring to make decisions?  This leads to the realization of no free will. Or another way to say it, the realization that "free will" is a sensation or a thought that spontaneously arises.

The statement of these realizations didn't help me. I had to sit down, and experience it.

But think about this:

If I was TRYING to have a specific experience, I would be presupposing agency. The realization of no agency can only occur when agency is not presupposed. The solution is to sit for long durations and see the way that you truly operate - the way your thoughts & sensations arise, etc. Just observe and see clearly. That is all.

It's not supposed to be any one way. It's not supposed to be pleasant. Or peaceful. Or happen in X amount of time. Those are all personal preferences which must be seen clearly for what they are.

That is all you have to do. See what's happening within you without trying to restrain or compel it in any way.

Hope this helps.

Just now, Phrae said:

@TheEnlightenedWon pretty much you can claim anything about anything right now and talk however you want.

Correct, applies to us all.

Any more questions?

^ There's a lot in my previous post that is open to misinterpretation.

Don't overthink it.

You're probably overthinking it right now even if you don't think you are.

Not thinking you're overthinking it is a thought.

All that needs to be done is this:

Sit. Experience reality.

Don't overthink it.

23 minutes ago, TheEnlightenedWon said:

I like this question.

Taking the time to sit, be, and observe. There will be many excuses that arise. See them for what they are. You are not the one making the excuses, they simply arise. Continue taking time to sit. Eventually coming to a place where thoughts quiet and I am at one with the experience. Sometimes the experience is very "unpleasant", "confusing", etc, and the mind wants to take over. There is nothing wrong with just experiencing these sensations.

Some of the things that helped me most were realizing:

1) I am not the creator of my thoughts. They arise.

2) I am not the creator of the sensations in my body. They arise.

3) You see: If I am not the creator of either the thoughts in my mind or the sensations in my body, then who is desiring to make decisions?  This leads to the realization of no free will. Or another way to say it, the realization that "free will" is a sensation or a thought that spontaneously arises.

The statement of these realizations didn't help me. I had to sit down, and experience it.

But think about this:

If I was TRYING to have a specific experience, I would be presupposing agency. The realization of no agency can only occur when agency is not presupposed. The solution is to sit for long durations and see the way that you truly operate - the way your thoughts & sensations arise, etc. Just observe and see clearly. That is all.

It's not supposed to be any one way. It's not supposed to be pleasant. Or peaceful. Or happen in X amount of time. Those are all personal preferences which must be seen clearly for what they are.

That is all you have to do. See what's happening within you without trying to restrain or compel it in any way.

Hope this helps.

That was very helpful. Maybe that's what I was looking for. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TheEnlightenedWon said:

Sit. Experience reality.

@TheEnlightenedWon I've done that before. It's infinite. Is that illusion too?

9 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@TheEnlightenedWon I've done that before. It's infinite. Is that illusion too?

Well I would say so yes @cetus56

1 hour ago, TheEnlightenedWon said:

Sit. Experience reality.

Still thought ?

but never the less on the right track huh??

Tao ??

I am Enlightened, It's not like I thought it would be... Wait, who has thought that it would be in a certain way? Who is Enlightened? So Enlightement is not in one way, it's in another way, Enlightement has some properties/ways?

I'm Just mental mastrubating and philosophising the topic statement hehe ;)

I read your answers on more serious question, especialy on your method, very helpful thx.

Btw. Youre style of expression has a touch off ego pride in it, of course, thats only the judgemental perspective of my ego , peace

@TheEnlightenedWon When I practice this, I feel like I run out of awareness juice.

For example, my daily practice is, throughout the day, I ask questions (as the day unfolds) who is driving? Then feel reality for an answer, who is drinking this water? etc. 

But after 2 hours I feel like I run out of juice. For the first 2 hours its great, there's no one driving the car, its just happening, there's no one drinking the water, its just happening, but then 2 hours later my mind says its me! I'm doing it! 

Is this a problem you experience and if so how do you solve it?