PhilGR

Young teen starting his journey , any advices?

16 posts in this topic

I have started my journey about a month now, meditating every day and try to find my life purpose.Do you have any advises . Consider that I dont have a lot of free tine at all so I cant read a lot of books and take long courses. I am a seriously competitive swimmer so I train all day and I must balance highschool too. Any advices? Can actualization help at sports?

Keeping your meditation habit consistent is important so if you can only manage 20 minutes a day, that's fine. In the end it will be so incredibly beneficial to you.

I have troubling planning my reading too so lately I've been trying to incorporate it into my morning routine.

I wake up --> Meditate --> Eat breakfast ---> Read for 30 minutes.

Finding space in your day might seem very difficult at first, but when you write down what you do all day (at least it was for me) there was a lot of time spent on unhelpful stuff such as watching Netflix, browsing the web, etc. while I actually thought I had no time. So, try this out yourself and see if you can find different times during your day where you are not doing something valuable. See if you can fit some reading in there if you are able to create some room in your day.

Wish you the best!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Thank you very much , I think thats the solution , we think we have no time but there are so many distractions around which take time.I will try to keep up!

4 hours ago, PhilGR said:

Consider that I dont have a lot of free tine at all so I cant read a lot of books and take long courses

I would challenge this belief.

If you get Audible, you could be listening to an audiobook at minimum 10 minutes a day while you're driving, making food or whatever other trivial tasks you have. Most books are ~6 hours, you could finish one a month at that pace. That's 12 a year. That alone could change your life.

No excuses not be to be getting the correct knowledge.

@PhilGR I'm also in high school and I've also been on the self-actualization journey for a bit. 

limit all the useless activities such as tv and video-games. 

I would also start getting into good eating habits now, since you're a teenager like me and cut out all the junk food

if swimming is your life purpose, carry on pursuing it, but if not you might want to limit your swimming practice so you can focus on your life purpose , just my opinion btw. ^_^

If I could give my younger self any advice it would be "The truth is relative".

Raise your consciousness everyday, try to always be mindful, it doesn't matter if you forget sometimes, it matters only that when you remember you get back at it again, think about what you want to become, visualize your higher self, get in touch with yourself, your independent self, know your invisible and powerful self, trust your intuition more, continue to do what you like and use what you like to become better. If you do these things everything will come naturally and you will start to know in the future what to do without needing to request advice from anyone anymore.

@Xin I don't have distractions like tv and video games, but I use my phone for 2 hours a day.

Because I am a serious athlete I have a strict and athletic diet and I mostly use swimming as a tool to help my get in a better university. And also its not bad to have gold medals and some experiences in your back

But anyway I sould cut more from my phone usage.

@Serotoninluv Thats totally true , our teachers used to say that . So this way I try to look at all the possible chances.

@student That was so helpful , thank you for reminding to me the importance of mindfulness. How I will understand changes in my mind, by following this method?

@PhilGR Also a teen here, I've been watching Leo's videos and applying stuff for around maybe 6-12 months now?... I've been doing do-nothing meditation for 83 days, 20 minutes a day until 3 days ago when I started 25 minutes daily.

I'm guessing because of you being serious about being an athlete, starting up a meditation habit will be somewhat easy, but you should push yourself if you feel you practically could.

As far as spending time for swimming vs. self-actualization, that totally depends up to you, but you should ask yourself...

- what's the pay-off of each task.

- Which do I want to do more vs. which makes logical sense to do

- What will I sacrifice for what I 

I don't know if your pursuing enlightenment... But I would definitely say wait + plan for future free time when you finish school to do self-inquiry type stuff. I doubt you would do that anyway now, because of your already limited free time, and even though its not ideal, you should wait to do self-inquiry. But if you think your up to it, you could try it.

That's just some random advice, don't take it to seriously. Also don't underestimate this forum, you can ask pretty much any question with lots of educated people, search lots of valuable posts related to self-actualization/enlightenment stuff, etc.

@Jamie Universe Hey thanks that was so helpful and truly authentic , I don't think that swimming takes me a lot of time but anyway it is a serious amout of time.I think I should cut more from watching cluless videos on yt or doing unmeaningful stuff.At the end is better sit and do nothing rather than browsing dump stuff.

@PhilGR Sorry I responded so late.

I cannot explain to you how consciousness changes everything. I can not explain because everything is subtle, "invisible", fundamental. I can only say to you to raise your consciousness, to always remind yourself to get your attention in the present. Meditation, for example, is the same thing. You stay still, in silence, only in silence and you start to become mindful of something, something that an unconscious person, an ego, a "something", never can be aware. It is something surreal, very interesting, very different. I can only say to you that consciousness, awareness does wonders. When you walk on this path, everything becomes special, familiar and at the same time unpredictable. Everything is so much better with consciousness, it just opens so many doors to so many unknown worlds. And you will not know this until you walk the path. When you will start to make much better the distinction between unconsciousness and consciousness, you will start to know and see how dull the reality of the majority is, of an unconscious self is. Leo is also talking about this "reality" being a dream. It has to do with raising your consciousness and what I said earlier. Walk on this path, you will not regret. You are just rediscovering yourself. Rediscovering the vast, in fact, infinite you.