Sahil Pandit

Rest in Peace Steven Hawking

18 posts in this topic

"We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful."

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

It is crazy, I was thinking strongly about his mortality after watching Leo or someone mention him in a video, and then this. It is not the first time this has happened.

I even checked the internet last night to see if he was still alive and he was.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Now I feel bad for ripping on materialists :(

Let's hope he realized Infinity in the very end.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If not, maybe he will be born again and in a future life he'll make a bigger contribution to human consciousness, who knows?

Don't feel bad Leo!

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's funny because as soon as I heard Hawking died I thought of how you mentioned him in the recent Quantum Mechanics vid. I knew you would feel bad, lol.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

I never knew that this person meant so much to me. I can see now how I always had him for the singularity he tried to understand.
It is unbelievable how this small, troubled shell could at the same time be the embodiment of impenetrable mystery to me.
With his passing, the mystery returned to itself leaving me with confusion.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

ah man. Blimey. An Incredible man with a beautiful mind. Rest in piece lovely soul. I had one of my very first reality shattering experiences watching his 'Into the Universe' series. We were at  my friend's house basement, watching an episode, on a ginormous projector screen, super high, as you do. And watching the cosmos and hearing all the talk about the big bang and what not, I suddenly experienced in my minds eye, creation from an explosion to infinity, and how I am a constant explosion, going in and out like how a flame or smoke does, but in slow motion. Whether just an illusion or not, It was incredible. @Leo Gura Maybe this is not just a mere coincidence. Stephen Hawking is a hero to many academics and scientists. At times when your mortality gets questioned, you become most open. Maybe your thesis QM video was meant to be published now, for a certain individuals from science community to see. Just sayin. 

If I remember correctly Eckhart tolle wrote in one of his books how he could see so much life and brightness coming out of his eyes... really special dude.

Some Stephen Hawking quotes to ponder:

"If we do discover a complete theory, it should be in time understandable in broad principle by everyone ... Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we would know the mind of God."

"One could say: 'The boundary condition of the universe is that it has no boundary.' The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE."

"God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator."

"The scientific account is complete. Theology is unnecessary."

@Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hmm... Curious if someone could cognize the infinite and then "remember" whether or not he did... 

1 hour ago, starsofclay said:

@Leo Gura

Hmm... Curious if someone could cognize the infinite and then "remember" whether or not he did...

Memory is irrelevant at that point. You become it..

It feels like your mind just melts into the universe. The coolest feeling.