Stef

What Is A Healthy Breakfast?

43 posts in this topic

A good breakfast for me if I eat it at all is a egg mcmuffin meal.. usually it's 3cups of coffee..  I'm skinny, barely eatting once a day.. I'm never hungry.. not eating may not be the healthiest method to lose fat but eating is was got you the fat in the first place.. burn up those reserves

It's better to burn out than fade away

Multivitamin organic shake mixed with blueberries and coconut milk, avoid cow milk.

@Neill Bolton

That's not true. For many people intermittent fasting (e.g. 16h fasting, 8h eating) is a huge thing. There are also some countries or traditions where you traditionally eat 2 meals a day. (India, Yoga)

So it really depends from person to person.

I know here in the west we often hear cutting calories is the only way to lose weight. I'm studying this stuff and from my experience science is mostly in its infancy regarding this subject. There is a lot more to it. Like i said different traditions know this since long. (Ayurveda etc...)

20 hours ago, Neill Bolton said:

Skipping meals is never the way to lose weight.

The amount of meals you eat per day or which hours in the day you eat doesn't matter, I'm not commenting on that, I'm just saying that if you want to lose weight, simply removing calories from your diet is not the way to go. You need to make sure you're still getting all the nutrients you should be getting. Whether those nutrients come from one meal or ten is up to you.

Oatmeal in some form or another.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

My suggestion is find out what vitamins and minerals you are lacking by

Getting one of those blood tests that will find out exactly what you are lacking than,

Get what you are lacking for a foundation.

Edited by DizIzMikey

I found a detailed site called The Nutritional Source that has a detailed explanation of what a good healthy breakfast should contain on the menu.  Figured I would share :) Enjoy

Pasture raised eggs, beans, organic milk.

But first, green smoothie. 

Pastured eggs, smoothie, fruit, almonds, also this company called bulletproof's coffee (My intuition is telling me this not worth, or it has little value). Elliot Hulse also has a friend that makes a some sort chemical compound that alters the body in a way to make it that you need minimum of 65-70g of protein a day. https://www.masszymes.com/sc/elliott-wade/?a_aid=strengthcamp&a_bid=82a94b4d 

Would like it if anybody else has some really good information on biohacking your health/mind/body to top pinacle performance

Edited by JevinR

Eggs - even pastured are a bad idea because they raise your cholesterol when really frequent :P

I usually have a smoothie(balanced of fruits/veg+superfood extras or light fruits or i fast until the afternoon and follow the bodies cycles.

The body needs liquids in the morning and easy stuff, heavier stuff works much better on the body in the afternoon/evening.

The 3 cycles are:
1) Elimination (of body wastes and food debris) 4am-12pm
2) Appropriation (eating and digestion)12pm-8pm
3) Assimilation (absorption and use)   8pm-4am

Following this way has had amazing results for me. One or Two meals a day has worked great for me too.

Of course its always wise to find what works best for you but i think this applies for everyone ultimately, we are all human species at the end of the day and from countless experiments i feel this one feels more harmonizing and easy going than most others, give it a try :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I take a glass of fresh juice and a slice of bread. That keeps my day energetic and fresh! :) 

This is my favourite breakfast, love when it look like this. For me - the day can not start any better.

Of course a bit more expensive than a so called "normal" breakfast but this one gives me a 100 times more energy.

This one will keep me going strong for 5 hours :)

- Cashewnuts (a handfull)

- Rawfood bread (any kind) with tomatoes and seasalt

- A glas of rawfoodsmothie based on blueberries

- One grapefruit

- Chiaporridge based on almond milk with fruit and nut topping

- A small glas of fresh orangejuice

- A cop of Chaga mushroom tea

Basically,the more vegan is your breakfast ,the better.The best is fruit though since our body functions with fruit sugar.
Never drink smoothies.It's empty calories.What do i mean by "empty calories"?When you have the fruit which is a whole food and  you make it a smoothy you separate some important ingredients from it.

Conclusion:Raw veagan is the way to go.

On 2017-02-25 at 5:37 PM, justaname said:

When you have the fruit which is a whole food and  you make it a smoothy you separate some important ingredients from it.

Any example?

4 hours ago, Vanish said:

Any example?

If you mean example of a whole food,i mean unproccessed foods like fruits which can be eaten as they are picked up from the tree.

If you don't understand how "you separate some important ingredients from it", i mean that you separate the fruit's nutrients when you make it a smoothy.That way,the nutritional value lowers.

1 hour ago, justaname said:

.That way,the nutritional value lowers.

Are you sure about this?

1 hour ago, Vanish said:

Are you sure about this?

I remember at biology class last year at high school  my teacher analysing how foods lose their nutritional value when they come in touch with iron.But i didn't mind much so i don't remember the reason why.If you are still sceptical,better check it out.

@Stef I personally do high fat, high protein breakfast. It keeps me in a state of ketosis, meaning that i'm still in fasting mode. This keeps my blood sugar, and insulin levels down. ATP (cell energy) production is higher in this metabolic state, than if you ate a load of fruit in the morning and gave your pancreas and poor liver a heart attack. I do also thoroughly enjoy a green juice minus the fruit.