Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Did I find my LP or am I deluded?

9 posts in this topic

How do you know if you are influenced by something or you truly found your LP? I went through Leo's LP course and it is great. I really found something which I resonate and will dedicate myself to however, I am not sure whether it is temporary passion or maybe I am influenced by something. For example, at this point of my life maybe I am influenced by spirituality and it seems to me that this is my passion? How do you know surely that you found your authentic purpose forever?

@egoless "Forever" is a quantity box that is unknowable. You want to find [authentic LP] and put it in the box [forever continues to be authentic LP]. Why the need to pin everything down absolutely with the nails of certainty? You can only try to do what you like now and try to get what you want now, paradoxically, forever. But making the object [LP forever] out of these two things doesn't make much sense imo.

@Echoes Yeah maybe I did not express precisely what I wanted to say. English is not my main language. I meant how to know that this is not temporary influence. Because last 2 years I have been seriously into spirituality. I have been watching videos, reading, meditation etc.. 

@egoless If it's not authentic and you are influenced by all this stuff, have trust that you will recognize this "mistake" sooner or later. That's what I meant. Imo, it's a trap to wait for absolute 100% certainty and then declare "I have forever found my Life Purpose". There is always the possibility that you find something different later. But being interested and passionate for something for 2 years is in itself already sort of a hint. I mean, somebody who likes Painting, and is painting everyday for years could also have been influenced by his parents or something. And in this case the inauthenticity will make itself appearent somehow. So I would just pursue your current interests and trust that life will show you if there is something not right. And then you will have gained new experience and can transition into the new thing. But there is really nothing to lose if you 1. Do what you like in this moment at this time and 2. Try to get what you want in this moment at this time and stage of development

@Echoes that's right. But in order to make this leap I will have to sacrifice whole my existing career opportunities. It is very risky shot. That's why I am thinking so much

@egoless I think in this case it's not possible to receive any advice of real value from someone else. There are various strategic approaches like "try to slowly build your LP as a side business and then switch if you are more sure of it". But all of these advices have no real essence or soul behind it (altough they have it's place at times). I think you should contemplate death..death and clarity are the same. So if you want clarity about your life, ask death

I don't think it matters that much as long as you feel inspired to do it and think it something meaning full but I think the key is not to switch passion but rather always try to become better once you have found something meaning full I am sure there is a lot of people who have been inspired by someone and had a great career(i think franz liszt and richard feynman was influenced by their dads and they was one of the best at what they did) both in terms of success and in personal satisfaction if you haven't already then i recommend reading so good they can't ignore you by cal Newport there is a lot of good interviews about the book with the author on youtube so you can get a lot of the information for free

@egoless We had a discussion here. Try to just start solving problems and you'll get paid for it. Don't even think of the money and being paid. Just try to do something useful, like finding a job if you need to survive on your own. But, start something useful for solving problems. You got to take some actions and learn from the mistakes and keep going.

@Leo Gura Did you mean this topic?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.