spicy_pickles

Struggling with intrusive thoughts, OCD, over thinking and catastrophic thinking

5 posts in this topic

I’m working with a therapist on this, but she just kind of brought it to light when I was telling her about my relationship issues. 

I struggle very hard with over thinking and catastrophic thinking. Always assume worst case outcome. Always assume I did something wrong, so I try hard to overplay the scenario in my head to give myself some peace of mind that I didn’t do the wrong thing. 

For starters, I have decided to severely cut back on my alcohol consumption. I’m using that to deal with problems as opposed to being mindful and accepting them for what they are. I’m meditating as well, as hard as it is when my mind is always thinking that way. I’m working on sleep as well, although currently I take sleep aids. I have to speak with my dr about how to safely cut back. 

I’m struggling a lot today, and the thoughts are creeping into my head. So, I made a promise to take care of myself. Baby steps. Little by little. 

Just be mindful of your thoughts :)

Create a meditation habit, start as much minutes as you can, even if it is 1 minute :)

I don't know your diagnosis, but in my case DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) has helped a lot. You can check it out online or ask your therapist about it. 

Honestly? Mediation. 

Strictly everyday.

Hope your okay 

♥️?

Same here, it‘s good that you‘re aware of it. Whenever it happens, you can count as much conscious breaths as possible, you can make it your challenge.

The other thing I see more and more is that strong determination sitting helps a lot with this. By not moving you increase your body awareness a lot and get out of your head, because pain will come up. But when you finish your sit after 30-60 min, you‘ll feel so much clearer and intuitive.

Wishing you the best, really courageous to leave the substances behind!