Shanmugam

These Videos Made me to Rethink my Understanding of Human History and Tamils

29 posts in this topic

Sharing some of my research on human history. 

6 Million years ago, the homini tribe slipt into two, one led to pan genus which led to chimpanzee and the other led to homo genus which led to humans. 

2.8 Million Years - Homo Genus Originated in Africa. 

200,000 - Oldest Homo Sapiens Fossil Found. 

There have been 6 species of human 

- Homo Habilis ( 2.2 million to 1.4 million ) 

- Homo Ergaster ( 1.9 million to 1.4 million ) 

- Homo Erectus ( 1.9 million to 0.7 million ) 

- Homo Heidelbergensis ( 0.6 million to 0.35 million )

- Homo Neardarthals ( 0.35 million to 0.04 million ) 

- Homo Sapiens ( 0.2 million to present ) 

170.000 BC - Human wore clothes 

125,000 BC - Human Control Fire 

50,000 BC - Developed Complex Language 

47,500 BC - Discovered "Gossips" 

40,000 BC - Oldest Known Cave Painting 

9,000 BC - Cultivate Wheat 

3,500 - Started Recording History 

@Shanmugam

In the Rigveda reference is made to a certain constellation of the stars which could only have occurred ninety-five thousand years ago. Because of this, Lokmanya Tilak concluded that the Vedas must certainly be even more ancient: the constellation of the stars as the Vedas describe it could only have occurred at a certain moment ninety-five thousand years ago; so that particular vedic reference must be at least ninety-five thousand years old.

OSHO : Hidden Mysteries, Chapter 5

13 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

The basis of his research is based on a discredited theory of Lemuria continent. When I was in school, I completely believed in this theory as it made me proud as a Tamil speaking person. But once I started to see everything with a skeptical eye, I went with the hypothesis that Lemuria theory is probably not true. Now I am back to the same old hypothesis and think that Lemuria theory is possibly true. The maker of these videos argues that mankind did not first evolve from Africa but evolved from Lemuria which is now sunk in the sea.

Mohammedans burnt one of the greatest treasures of the world, the library of Alexandria. The library was the greatest in the ancient world. The fire continued for almost six months, the library was so big. It took six months for it to be burnt down completely. And the man who burnt it was a Mohammedan, Calipha. His logic is the logic of the first type of religion. He came with a Koran in one hand and with a burning torch in the other, and he asked the librarian, "I have a simple question. In this big library, millions of books are there...."

Those books contained all that humanity had learned up to that time, and it was really more than we know now. That library contained every information about Lemuria, Atlantis, and all the scriptures of Atlantis, the continent that disappeared into the Atlantic. It was the ancient-most library, a great preserve. Had it still been, humanity would have been totally different -- because we are rediscovering many things which had already been discovered.

~ Osho

I made a post just last month on my blog: https://www.actualized.org/insights/modern-humans-are-350000-years-old

Homo sapiens are at least 350,000 years old, if we are to trust current science.

Neantherthals had very different brains from us. They might even have been far more spiritual, but got killed off by the more egotistical and pragmatic humans. Just speculation, but quite plausible. Homo sapiens may also have been genetically far more spiritual in the past. The spiritual ones would have easily gotten killed off by the bloodthirsty ones, like dodo birds.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I made a post just last month on my blog: https://www.actualized.org/insights/modern-humans-are-350000-years-old

Homo sapiens are at least 350,000 years old, if we are to trust current science.

Neantherthals had very different brains from us. They might even have been far more spiritual, but got killed off by the more egotistical and pragmatic humans. Just speculation, but quite plausible. Homo sapiens may also have been genetically far more spiritual in the past. The spiritual ones would have easily gotten killed off by the bloodthirsty ones, like dodo birds.

I see, Need to update this then. 

20 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

Hello Anna, How are you? :).. I missed your presence in this forum.

Good thanks, you? I had taken a nice long break from forums.

What happened to the "like" button or what ever it was called?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Good thanks, you? I had taken a nice long break from forums.

What happened to the "like" button or what ever it was called?

I am fine..:) The reputation button and the status were ditched as they were distracting everyone.. 

We were joking about it the day it changed;

Like this: xD

rep.png

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam  lol, thats funny! That's right, it was reputation points, forgot that. A simple "like" button would be nice though, like on facebook, but oh well. 

I spent a lot of my time posting mindless funny memes on FB. Once you know who you are, theres nothing better then having a good laugh!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

@Shanmugam  lol, thats funny! That's right, it was reputation points, forgot that. A simple "like" button would be nice though, like on facebook, but oh well. 

I spent a lot of my time posting mindless funny memes on FB. Once you know who you are, theres nothing better then having a good laugh!

Thats good... Share  those funny memes  here whenever you can:

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam will do!:)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?